Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

Im just waiting on the gem war. I want to see a promo like in to deep. Make it as dark as you can. Show hundreds of war ships coming to earth with a ticked off yellow and blue diamond. Id hope there would be a third diamond. And show them wrecking earth with a beat up group of crystal gems making one last stand.

NEW EPISODES ARE UPON US

THOUGHTS:

Spoiler

-I watched Steven Floats when it aired in France months ago, I dunno how to feel. Not particularly interesting tbh, but not a bad episode.

-FUCK MARTY I HATE HIM

-where the fuck are the gems

-what do they even do when there isn't something to fight/sing/cry about

-I thought we might see more of Vidalia, all things considered

-If Yellowtail and Onion canonically don't talk like humans, how does anyone know what they're saying? I still don't get this.

-of course the only thing Onion will drink is fucking guacamole soda

-HOLY FUCKING SHIT TEN GODDAMN MILLION DOLLARS

Spoiler

I wonder how long Greg's going to have that much money. I know the usual way this sort of plot goes has the character(s) blowing it all within one episode, but that doesn't seem like this show's style. Should be fun, either way.

Anyway, nice to see a Sour Cream episode. I love the cool kids.

3 hours ago, Celestia said:
  Hide contents

I wonder how long Greg's going to have that much money. I know the usual way this sort of plot goes has the character(s) blowing it all within one episode, but that doesn't seem like this show's style. Should be fun, either way.

Anyway, nice to see a Sour Cream episode. I love the cool kids.

You know darn well

Spoiler

He is going to lose it. Greg is not a character meant for money type really. Anyone that suddenly is trust into that life tends to lose it fast.

The new episode was nice, but I felt like maybe... nobody asked for it?  Just feels weird because I didn't really particularly care to see Marty again after all this time.  I kind of just assumed him a one-off character that catalyzed the backstory that Greg explained.  And then he's Sour Cream's father who hasn't been around in a long, long time and... well, I feel like given the setup, it should have been a lot more dramatic than it was.  My perception might change upon rewatching as I was admittedly a little distracted, but I wasn't super impressed.

BUT ENOUGH OF THAT.

$$$$$$$$$$$$ M O N E Y $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

You know darn well

Reveal hidden contents

He is going to lose it. Greg is not a character meant for money type really. Anyone that suddenly is trust into that life tends to lose it fast.

Official released previews says that this isn't the case.

4 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Hide contents

Official released previews says that this isn't the case.

*strokes chin* hmm interesting than.

OH GOD THAT NEW EPISODE.

I cried.

No, really, face drenched.

That was a really beautiful episode.  And I'm glad to see Pearl and Greg making amends.

Also, Pearl's singing is so beautiful.  I could listen to it over and over and over, isn't it it's over isn't it isn't it over over isn't it

It was good.

• Thumbs Up 4

Today's episode, Mr. Greg:

Spoiler

-singing. haven't had that since Peridot at the barn.

-it's too bad that all Greg's music eventually amounted to was commercial jingles

-fucking Marty I hate him

-that line about how Rose would've loved it was priceless, though. I wonder if she actually liked/ate human food or anything

-I just realized how much this show's theme sounds like Space Oddity

-So what exactly did they do on this trip other than sing and eat

-you should really get into the empire city culture

-but you didn't

-you fucking didn't

-god fucking damn you

-Pearl is bae, FYI

-are Garnet and Amethyst even still alive

-I'm pretty sure the only real reason they took Pearl is that the writers already did an episode where Steven and Amethyst go on a trip and Steven Garnet and Greg go on a trip

-but whatever, glad we're finally addressing the tension between these too

-god damn Pearl is a good singer

-god damn the animation and colors are good this episode

-I got irrationally angry when Pearl and Greg danced like that and my sister said "why didn't they kiss"

-so did they blow all their money there or is there any left?

1 hour ago, Tara said:

OH GOD THAT NEW EPISODE.

Hide contents

I cried.

No, really, face drenched.

That was a really beautiful episode.  And I'm glad to see Pearl and Greg making amends.

Also, Pearl's singing is so beautiful.  I could listen to it over and over and over, isn't it it's over isn't it isn't it over over isn't it

It was good.

Whats next then?

Spoiler

That was one of, if not, THE best episode of this show yet, IMO. I was feeling the whole time, and when Pearl started singing hooo SHIT

Helps that the music was fucking masterful and the art in this one was amazing and EVERYTHING WAS SO GOOD HOLY SHIT

Right off the heels of Hit the Diamond too! They've been hitting it out the fucking park!

• Thumbs Up 4

Welp. Mr. Greg made my Top 5, I am just….utterly speechless, that was pure beauty, I cant believe how this show keeps topping itself like this

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Today's episode, Mr. Greg:

Reveal hidden contents

-singing. haven't had that since Peridot at the barn.

-it's too bad that all Greg's music eventually amounted to was commercial jingles

-fucking Marty I hate him

-that line about how Rose would've loved it was priceless, though. I wonder if she actually liked/ate human food or anything

-I just realized how much this show's theme sounds like Space Oddity

-So what exactly did they do on this trip other than sing and eat

-you should really get into the empire city culture

-but you didn't

-you fucking didn't

-god fucking damn you

-Pearl is bae, FYI

-are Garnet and Amethyst even still alive

-I'm pretty sure the only real reason they took Pearl is that the writers already did an episode where Steven and Amethyst go on a trip and Steven Garnet and Greg go on a trip

-but whatever, glad we're finally addressing the tension between these too

-god damn Pearl is a good singer

-god damn the animation and colors are good this episode

-I got irrationally angry when Pearl and Greg danced like that and my sister said "why didn't they kiss"

-so did they blow all their money there or is there any left?

The episode ends with them going to Jersey, so I don't think they blew all the money just yet.  I think Greg's surprise when he sees the bill is because he's not used to having to pay that much in general.

So uh...

Spoiler

Is it bad that I want to ship Greg and Pearl now? XD I'm sorry but I kind of like the idea of them coming together when they realize what they share in common and how they both truly loved Rose and with Rose gone they both now have Steven who loves them both dearly. I'm just a sucker for those kinds of plots. I would like more development with them though if the show writers lean toward this idea.

23 minutes ago, sonicgirl313 said:

So uh...

Hide contents

Is it bad that I want to ship Greg and Pearl now? XD I'm sorry but I kind of like the idea of them coming together when they realize what they share in common and how they both truly loved Rose and with Rose gone they both now have Steven who loves them both dearly. I'm just a sucker for those kinds of plots. I would like more development with them though if the show writers lean toward this idea.

Yes. Yes it is bad lol. Those two are like the sun and moon. I could not see them. Only ship I am calling is peridot and amaytist or lapris.

2 hours ago, sonicgirl313 said:

So uh...

Reveal hidden contents

Not "bad", per say. Just don't ever expect anything to come true.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Not "bad", per say. Just don't ever expect anything to come true.

Oh don't worry, I doubt it'll become canon.

3 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Yes. Yes it is bad lol. Those two are like the sun and moon. I could not see them. Only ship I am calling is peridot and amaytist or lapris.

Opposites attract as they say lol.

5 hours ago, KHCast said:

Opposites attract as they say lol.

One is clearly gay and the other has a dead wife who would probably find the idea of getting together with his wife's closest companion kinda weird and uncomfortable lol

Are we even sure pearl is gay? The gems are genderless for one, and all of them are female like from what we know, so who knows. Maybe she's just never been exposed to a male romance. Plus, she could be bi if we were gonna go there. That exists too. (Though I'm not gonna be upset if she is gay, considering I'm gay and want more gay representation lol)

Maybe I'm a bit of an iconoclast, but it's always seemed weird to me that you can just have your characters announce how they feel so long as they're singing.  

To be fair it's not like we didn't get these feelings from Pearl before besides the singing. This is just the icing on the cake