Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

That last episode is a bit of a shock. Didn't think we'd get something like that, much less before a positive Ronaldo episode.

Then again, I'm sure there might be some catch/twist given the setup, but it's still a bit of a surprise.

EDIT: Holy  crap, beware some spoilers if you watch those previews.

You guys are aware the CN app's ratings are much more important than the views the actual channel gets, right? They're much more inclusive. Much more easier to keep track of who's watching on the app as opposed to the selective method of who's using a Nielsen box to watch CN.

On 11/11/2017 at 8:44 AM, Ice Vec said:

I have to Say, Sadie Killer's song was great

I agree! Heck, that whole Steven Bomb in general was a good one! I just hope we don't get another super long hiatus before the next episodes come out.

• 2 weeks later...

Man the eps with Steven and Connie, and The Peridot/Lapis stuff really hit me in the feels. I've been in Steven's and Peridot's positions at different points in my life so it kind of messed me up. Wasn't expecting to be hit with that kind of stuff in a CN show, even in this one!

Also I'm really happy with what happened with Sadie.

To be honest, it's a little dual edged

Spoiler

IRL, quitting your job to join a goofy band probably isn't a great long term life decision, but her job at the donut place was destroying her, especially sans Lars, and somewhat selfishly I like the idea that Sadie might come out of her shell a little bit and be less of a sad outsider type because I think she's cool, lol. I support Sadie Killer!!!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 7

• 1 month later...

Here's something fun: I decided to classify all of the Steven Universe characters using Four Temperaments. I tried looking around the Internet for existing lists, but I only found two sources focusing on a select few characters.

Do you guys think these are accurate?

Spoiler

Steven Quartz Universe Sanguine 
Pearl Melancholic 
Amethyst XJM Choleric 
Garnet Phlegmatic 

Connie Maheswaren Melancholic
Greg Universe née De Mayo Phlegmatic
Lion Phlegmatic 
Rose Quartz Sanguine

Ruby Choleric 
Sapphire Phlegmatic
Opal Phlegmatic
Sugilite Choleric 
Sardonyx Sanguine
Alexandrite Leukine
Smoky Quartz Sanguine

Laramie Lars Barriga Melancholic 
Sadie Miller Phlegmatic/Choleric 
Onion Phlegmatic/Sanguine
Ronaldo Fryman Sanguine

Buck Dewey Phlegmatic
Jenny Pizza Choleric
Sour Cream Phlegmatic 

Peedee Fryman Melancholic
Kiki Pizza Phlegmatic 
Jaime Sanguine

Priyanka Maheswaren Choleric
Doug Maheswaren Phlegmatic 
Dante Barriga Sanguine
Martha Barriga Sanguine
Barb Miller Choleric 
Yellowtail Choleric
Vidalia Phlegmatic 
Mr. Fryman Choleric
Kofi Pizza Choleric
Nanefau Pizza Sanguine
Bill Dewey Sanguine/Melancholic 

Mr. Harold Smiley Sanguine 
Suitcase Sam Leukine
Jane Phlegmatic/Sanguine 
Marty Choleric 
Kevin Choleric
Mr. Quentin Frowny Melancholic
Andy De Mayo Choleric 
Squash Phlegmatic
Garbanzo Sanguine 
Pinto Leukine
Soup Sanguine 
Sabina Phlegmatic

Wy-Six Sanguine
Jay-Ten Sanguine

Lapis Lazuli Phlegmatic 
Peridot 5XG Melancholic/Choleric 
Jasper Choleric

Doc Ruby Choleric
Eyeball Ruby Melancholic 
Navy Ruby Sanguine
Army Ruby Choleric
Leggy Ruby Phlegmatic 

Holly Blue Agate Choleric
Skinny Jasper Phlegmatic 
Carnelian Sanguine 

Aquamarine Choleric
Topaz & Topaz Phlegmatic 

Blue Zircon Melancholic 
Yellow Zircon Phlegmatic 

Emerald Choleric 

Yellow Diamond Choleric
Yellow Pearl Choleric 
Blue Diamond Melancholic 
Blue Pearl Phlegmatic 
Pink Diamond 
Pink Pearl
White Diamond

Steven Quartz Universe Sanguine 
Pearl Melancholic 
Amethyst 8XM Choleric 
Garnet Phlegmatic 

Connie Maheswaren Melancholic
Greg Universe née De Mayo Phlegmatic
Lion Phlegmatic
Pumpkin Leukine

Rose Quartz Sanguine
Bismuth Sanguine/Choleric

Ruby Choleric 
Sapphire Phlegmatic
Opal Phlegmatic
Sugilite Choleric 
Sardonyx Sanguine
Alexandrite Leukine
Smoky Quartz Sanguine

Laramie Lars Barriga Melancholic 
Sadie Miller Phlegmatic/Choleric 
Onion Phlegmatic/Sanguine
Ronaldo Fryman Sanguine

Buck Dewey Phlegmatic
Jenny Pizza Choleric
Sour Cream Phlegmatic 

Peedee Fryman Melancholic
Kiki Pizza Phlegmatic 
Jaime Sanguine

Priyanka Maheswaren Choleric
Doug Maheswaren Phlegmatic 
Dante Barriga Sanguine
Martha Barriga Sanguine
Barb Miller Choleric 
Yellowtail Choleric
Vidalia Phlegmatic 
Mr. Fryman Choleric
Kofi Pizza Choleric
Nanefau Pizza Sanguine
Bill Dewey Sanguine/Melancholic 

Mr. Harold Smiley Sanguine 
Suitcase Sam Leukine
Jane Phlegmatic/Sanguine 
Marty Choleric 
Kevin Choleric
Mr. Quentin Frowny Melancholic
Andy De Mayo Choleric 
Squash Phlegmatic
Garbanzo Sanguine 
Pinto Leukine
Soup Sanguine 
Sabina Phlegmatic

Wy-Six Sanguine
Jay-Ten Sanguine

Rutile Twins Choleric
Padparadscha Sanguine 
Rhodonite Melancholic 
Fluorite Phlegmatic 

Lapis Lazuli Phlegmatic 
Peridot 5XG Melancholic/Choleric 
Jasper Choleric

Doc Ruby Choleric
Eyeball Ruby Melancholic 
Navy Ruby Sanguine
Army Ruby Choleric
Leggy Ruby Phlegmatic 

Holly Blue Agate Choleric
Skinny Jasper Phlegmatic 
Carnelian Sanguine 

Aquamarine Choleric
Topaz & Topaz Phlegmatic 

Blue Zircon Melancholic 
Yellow Zircon Phlegmatic 

Hessonite
Squaridot

Emerald Choleric 

Yellow Diamond Choleric
Yellow Pearl Choleric 
Blue Diamond Melancholic 
Blue Pearl Phlegmatic 
Pink Diamond 
Pink Pearl
White Diamond

Note: Covers all revealed or foreshadowed characters up to this point, so spoilers abound. 

I'm surprised there's been no mention of new episodes (finally!) that start airing January 5th. Lars is back and I'm so excited!

On a related note, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday gift! Thanks, CN!

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

I’m surprised it hasn’t been leaked lol

There are preview clips up, though.

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

steven-universe-stranded-poster.png?itok

Here's some sweet promo art.

Odd that Lars and Connie are tinted. 

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Stevonnie has...facial hair?

Yeah, Andre of the Roundtable noticed that too.

She/he is technically a hermaphrodite, so it's not too surprising.

Wow I’m surprised no ones posted there thoughts on the episode. 

Spoiler

So pink diamond is yellow’s daughter! And she’s a spoiled brat that doesn’t seem to like her mother. Wonder where this will lead, and the connection between her and Steven.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Hide contents

So pink diamond is yellow’s daughter! And she’s a spoiled brat that doesn’t seem to like her mother. Wonder where this will lead, and the connection between her and Steven.

That sequence was weird. For weird standards, even.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, KHCast said:

Reveal hidden contents

Everyone's jaw dropped on that reveal! I also have to give props from the Captain Harlock reference they did with Lars as well.

I don't understand what you're getting at with that post. If it's in response to KHCast, Kevin posted way after he wrote that comment, so he was right when he posted and that's not something to call out. 

If not, then...uh, I don't what the post is doing. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/1/2018 at 6:28 PM, KHCast said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Daughter wut.

No. What. Gems can't breed. Steven was an extraordinary case where Rose turned into Steven though shenanigans. 

Pink Diamond is the equivalent of the youngest sister pestering his older sister because the younger sister wants stuff from what that bizarre dream sequence indicates. 

28 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:
  Hide contents

Pink Diamond is the equivalent of the youngest sister pestering his older sister because the younger sister wants stuff from what that bizarre dream sequence indicates. 

That's my understanding as well.

Then again, that sequence was so odd that it was kinda hard to figure out what was an significant echo and what was simple improv.

5 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

I don't understand what you're getting at with that post. If it's in response to KHCast, Kevin posted way after he wrote that comment, so he was right when he posted and that's not something to call out. 

If not, then...uh, I don't what the post is doing. 

mqdefault.jpg

(Why hasn't there been a gif of this yet?)

2 hours ago, Blue Wisp said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Daughter wut.

No. What. Gems can't breed. Steven was an extraordinary case where Rose turned into Steven though shenanigans. 

Spoiler

Why have the dual imagery of Connie's mom being mixed up with Yellow Diamond then? Like I guess the gems haven't been shown to be able to reproduce... but it seems like a very deliberate choice. Maybe that part was, as you said not literal but instead a representation of their roles but it could also mean something more literal... Pink Diamond was also a lot shorter than yellow, for some reason.

The more interesting thing to me.... Pink Diamond looks like Rose Quartz with short hair. This might sound crazy but what if they're one and the same, or alternative, what if rose quartz is half/a part of the shattered pink diamond reformed?

I have some reasoning

1. Pearl's devotion to Rose Quartz
    • All the diamonds have been shown to have devoted, Pearl followers/servants. Who's Pearl's diamond? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Pearl's diamond has been outright stated in the show. Wouldn't Pearl's devotion somewhat be explained by Rose being her diamond?
  2. The reflection looked like rose with short hair
    • image.thumb.png.53d6ca60441a363e2b69b4b952b52f29.png
    • Look at the wavy hair, the lipstick only on the centre of the lips, the upturned nose... the main difference is obviously, the gem is a completely different shape. image.thumb.png.06dd9bac8834d34e6ecd45032e5494b6.pngThey even share being shown with their eyes covered, and furthermore, their gem whilst a different shape is in the same position on the belly. None of the the other soldier types (see jasper, peridot) have this much of a resemblance to their diamond
  3. Doesn't the fact Steven is having this weird dream imply it's based on something from his memories? His memories are Roses memories, aren't they? So if they were seeing the dream from the perspective of pink diamond....
  4. When Stevonnie looked at the damaged window the crack left by pink diamond was at their height, which is  pretty much roses height (really tall for a human but not giant like other diamonds) comparing her height in the dream... she's not huge like the other diamonds.
  5. image.thumb.png.06b5ae8fe94b87ac453a0bcf5e9a8bc5.pngPink was shown in flashback wielding two swords.   Rose herself is more often shown using one sword and a shield... Does the change in weapons merely reflect a change in attitude, or did it happen when she shattered herself?  By being a half of her former self, it might explain her only having one weapon instead of two. You'll note Rose's sword is unique in that it's a physical object and doesn't materialize like the other gem weapons and shield do so there's probably something there, I think.
  6. Rose has been mentioned to "love and feel sorrow more than anyone else" (citation needed but stay with me.) Pink Diamond seemed to be feeling a lot of emotion in the flash back, too.
  7. The obvious association with Earth and the Moon they both have.
  8. When pink diamond punched her reflection, she shattered it. PINK SHATTERED HERSELF!
  9. Maybe the real rebellion wasn't Rose Quartz vs. Pink Diamond but Pink Diamond (aka Rose Quartz) vs Homeworld, and the stories about it are a garbage cover up fabricated by homeworld to keep the other gems in line.

But yeah... I really liked these last two episodes.

39 minutes ago, Remy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Why have the dual imagery of Connie's mom being mixed up with Yellow Diamond then? Like I guess the gems haven't been shown to be able to reproduce... but it seems like a very deliberate choice. Maybe that part was, as you said not literal but instead a representation of their roles but it could also mean something more literal... Pink Diamond was also a lot shorter than yellow, for some reason.

The more interesting thing to me.... Pink Diamond looks like Rose Quartz with short hair. This might sound crazy but what if they're one and the same, or alternative, what if rose quartz is half/a part of the shattered pink diamond reformed?

I have some reasoning

1. Pearl's devotion to Rose Quartz
    • All the diamonds have been shown to have devoted, Pearl followers/servants. Who's Pearl's diamond? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Pearl's diamond has been outright stated in the show. Wouldn't Pearl's devotion somewhat be explained by Rose being her diamond?
  2. The reflection looked like rose with short hair
    • image.thumb.png.53d6ca60441a363e2b69b4b952b52f29.png
    • Look at the wavy hair, the lipstick only on the centre of the lips, the upturned nose... the main difference is obviously, the gem is a completely different shape. image.thumb.png.06dd9bac8834d34e6ecd45032e5494b6.pngThey even share being shown with their eyes covered, and furthermore, their gem whilst a different shape is in the same position on the belly. None of the the other soldier types (see jasper, peridot) have this much of a resemblance to their diamond
  3. Doesn't the fact Steven is having this weird dream imply it's based on something from his memories? His memories are Roses memories, aren't they? So if they were seeing the dream from the perspective of pink diamond....
  4. When Stevonnie looked at the damaged window the crack left by pink diamond was at their height, which is  pretty much roses height (really tall for a human but not giant like other diamonds) comparing her height in the dream... she's not huge like the other diamonds.
  5. image.thumb.png.06b5ae8fe94b87ac453a0bcf5e9a8bc5.pngPink was shown in flashback wielding two swords.   Rose herself is more often shown using one sword and a shield... Does the change in weapons merely reflect a change in attitude, or did it happen when she shattered herself?  By being a half of her former self, it might explain her only having one weapon instead of two. You'll note Rose's sword is unique in that it's a physical object and doesn't materialize like the other gem weapons and shield do so there's probably something there, I think.
  6. Rose has been mentioned to "love and feel sorrow more than anyone else" (citation needed but stay with me.) Pink Diamond seemed to be feeling a lot of emotion in the flash back, too.
  7. The obvious association with Earth and the Moon they both have.
  8. When pink diamond punched her reflection, she shattered it. PINK SHATTERED HERSELF!
  9. Maybe the real rebellion wasn't Rose Quartz vs. Pink Diamond but Pink Diamond (aka Rose Quartz) vs Homeworld, and the stories about it are a garbage cover up fabricated by homeworld to keep the other gems in line.

But yeah... I really liked these last two episodes.

But then, the fact that Rose is the result of Pink shattering herself or something would make Rose one of a kind...and there are a lot of bubbled Rose Quartzes at Pink's Zoo. Quartzses that were put like  that after the incident. And also Yellow wouldn't have a reason to react the way she did during the trial. Also how etched in Blue's memory is the fact that it was a sword what ended Pink.

Then there's the fact that Steven could also see through Blue's eyes while she was on Earth

Also...wait...who's this Nephrite that was on the phone? Is that the actual White Diamond?

21 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:
  Hide contents

But then, the fact that Rose is the result of Pink shattering herself or something would make Rose one of a kind...and there are a lot of bubbled Rose Quartzes at Pink's Zoo. Quartzses that were put like  that after the incident. And also Yellow wouldn't have a reason to react the way she did during the trial. Also how etched in Blue's memory is the fact that it was a sword what ended Pink.

Then there's the fact that Steven could also see through Blue's eyes while she was on Earth

Also...wait...who's this Nephrite that was on the phone? Is that the actual White Diamond?

Spoiler

In regards to the sword thing, the drawing shows pink had swords herself... Maybe steven could see through Blue's eyes because they're connected as Diamonds? Regarding the trial...

Couldn't a lot of these questions be explained by her turning the blade on herself? Yellow's rage could be explained by it being a suicide she's trying to cover up... or perhaps another diamond was involved, white?

I think you can read the trail two ways a.) the diamonds don't actually know what happened to pink of b.) blue doesn't know but yellow does and is trying to cover it up.

this show drops a lot of juicy hints so it's fun to theorize