Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

Ok, so I was up really early this morning and decided to turn on the tv for some reason. I then found that it's basically when CN airs all the good stuff (like they have the original Teen Titans on during that period too). But anyways, the Keep Beach City Weird episode plays and... well, just take a look.

Knowing what we know now... is it just me or is that some heavy foreshadowing, even to the recent episodes? Keep in mind that this episode came out over three years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's been long since recognized that fucking Ronaldo seriously has a knack for calling these things. I won't be surprised when snake people somehow enter the equation at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

It's been long since recognized that fucking Ronaldo seriously has a knack for calling these things. I won't be surprised when snake people somehow enter the equation at this point.

Really? I thought that the guy was generally hated throughout the fandom. Goes to show how much I've been paying attention.

Literally had to pause the TV and take a sec this morning once I head that. lol

On 5/30/2018 at 11:53 PM, Strickerx5 said:

Really? I thought that the guy was generally hated throughout the fandom

He is still. You're still in touch with the fanbase, don't worry Luna.

• Chuckle 2

10 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

Ok, so I was up really early this morning and decided to turn on the tv for some reason. I then found that it's basically when CN airs all the good stuff (like they have the original Teen Titans on during that period too). But anyways, the Keep Beach City Weird episode plays and... well, just take a look.

Knowing what we know now... is it just me or is that some heavy foreshadowing, even to the recent episodes? Keep in mind that this episode came out over three years ago.

I do remember semi-seriously wondering if that last line would lead into anything serious. Guess it technically did, albeit in a way I wasn't expecting.

10 hours ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

Hey, the Lars of the Stars mini-arc introduced some aliens creatures onscreen already. So there's slowly been some precedent for them.

I know the Cluster was also theorized to resemble a snack, but I hear the artbook kinda put the kabosh on that.

9 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

Really? I thought that the guy was generally hated throughout the fandom. Goes to show how much I've been paying attention.

Literally had to pause the TV and take a sec this morning once I head that. lol

They do. He was slowly making progress away from that during Season 3, but he's still near the bottom.

To be fair, there are a fair couple of us for who do kinda like the guy or at least the idea of him. It's mainly that the fact that he's often right about various things in a roundabout way is something of a recurring thing for comment sections and a few memes.

• 3 weeks later...

Got some good news for ya'll. Steven Universe has been announced to be coming back......with another bomb.

It begins on July 2nd and they've specified it as a "5 Night Event". Note, not necessarily 5 episodes, but 5 nights confirmed. And boy howdy, it's looking like Sapphire and especially Ruby fans (*cough* @AlphaRuby) are going to get a kick out of this one if the trailer is anything to go by.

• Thumbs Up 1

It’s about time that we get some new episodes! The question is will they release them on the CN so te early or wait until they actually air?

Oh boy, gather round for another promo kids. It's a doozy. Also

Spoiler

how nice of that leaked footage from earlier to give us a good idea of how things will end :U

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, that escalated quickly.

Spoiler

Love the callbacks with Ronaldo, as well as how Dapper!Onion took me out of it for a sec.

Wonder what/who is using those ice powers and how the Orange Jasper Soldier got free.

14 minutes ago, DabigRG said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Love the callbacks with Ronaldo, as well as how Dapper!Onion took me out of it for a sec.

Wonder what/who is using those ice powers and how the Orange Jasper Soldier got free.

Wouldn't surprise me if

Spoiler

it's Sapphire with the ice powers.

20 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Wouldn't surprise me if

Hide contents

it's Sapphire with the ice powers.

...Doy! Why didn't I think of that?

Interesting to see Pearl helping out there.

First new Episode appeared tonight

Spoiler

Reveals that Pearl was the one who gave her the idea to visit earth in disguise

Rose discovered herself that the Diamonds were "creating life, but leaving nothing behind" and that she tried to persuade them (as Pink Diamond) to prevent colonizing Earth but Yellow & Blue didn't listen her and gave her the zoo as a consolation.

It also reveals that Garnet was the first mixed gem fusion Rose has ever seen.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm wondering how much long this show will run. It really feels like its entering its end arc

Which better be soon, I've waited five years for White Diamond and it's like the other Diamonds never acknowledge that she exists.

Not sure how I feel about last night's episode.

Like, it's good and informative and all, but it seemed to have somewhat odd priority given the situation and title.

12 hours ago, Meta77 said:

I'm wondering how much long this show will run. It really feels like its entering its end arc

That's intentional.

Rebecca Sugar said in an interview over a year ago that she'd be "writing them into a corner" and thus the two partner is kind of structured like a possible finale.

So I just saw the latest episode and fans of Amethyst should be happy with this one.

Spoiler

She's come super far since S1 man to the point she's the most matured of the CG's lol, she was worried about how Steven was handling the revelations and bluntly telling him that he doesn't have to be group therapist for the gems and carry Rose's baggage. Also Pearl and Sapphire crying their eyes out was just strangely funny to me. 

• Thumbs Up 2

My sincerest apologies for the double post but...

Spoiler

The Question confirmed for one of the cutest Episodes in Steven Universe history. Ruphire is best ship, don't care what others say, this shit is just adorable! Also Cowboy Ruby is butch as fuck and I love it!

1 hour ago, MightyRay said:

My sincerest apologies for the double post but...

Hide contents

The Question confirmed for one of the cutest Episodes in Steven Universe history. Ruphire is best ship, don't care what others say, this shit is just adorable! Also Cowboy Ruby is butch as fuck and I love it!

If there's one thing I kinda hope comes out of this, it's that afterwards

Spoiler

Ruby and Sapphire will start being Garnet less often and more times separated. It's pretty obvious from what Ruby did during her time away from Sapphire that she's probably realized that she and Sapphire aren't any less together even if they aren't fused, that the two of them can have their own unique relationships and interests outside of just each other and the Crystal Gems. So we'll start seeing them interacting with the world as individuals more frequently in new episodes, experimenting with their own freedom and seeing that there's more to the world than just each other. As a result, they'll not only have a richer and more fulfilling relationship when they do come back together, but they'll be more fleshed out characters in the process.

• Thumbs Up 2

We have seen lots of cute now I want to see the diamonds come in and wreck everyone.

• Chuckle 1

18 hours ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

If there's one thing I kinda hope comes out of this, it's that afterwards

Hide contents

Ruby and Sapphire will start being Garnet less often and more times separated. It's pretty obvious from what Ruby did during her time away from Sapphire that she's probably realized that she and Sapphire aren't any less together even if they aren't fused, that the two of them can have their own unique relationships and interests outside of just each other and the Crystal Gems. So we'll start seeing them interacting with the world as individuals more frequently in new episodes, experimenting with their own freedom and seeing that there's more to the world than just each other. As a result, they'll not only have a richer and more fulfilling relationship when they do come back together, but they'll be more fleshed out characters in the process.

Yeah, I was wondering about that as well.

The episode ending the way it did was a nice touch.

Spoiler

Bismuth's Back!

Plus, she made gold & silver wedding rings for Ruby & Sapphire!

Now, if we could only get Lapis back...

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Thoughts related to Made of Honor:

I'm probably not the only one, but I kinda feel like this episode kinda rushed Bismuth's redemption. It's probably just the way I view things, but I tend to find it a bit more realistic if Bismuth had to spend more time really dealing with her feelings on the matter. That being said, I can kinda get why it ended up like this, considering we've just had several episodes dedicated to this happening to the other Crystal Gems, so it would probably seem a bit dragged out if it happened for every major character.

Now in regards to the last major episode of this Steven Bomb, methinks that Reunited is going to involve a number of things:

The obvious bit is that the wedding will probably be crashed and there will definitely be a fight between the Crystal Gems and Yellow/Blue Diamond, and then they'll find out about Pink and Rose. The thing is however, is that after Blue and Yellow are happy to find out that their youngest sibling is still alive, I think this whole thing will still go sour in some aspects to act as a counterpoint to the way the other Gems reacted to the reveal. Blue and Yellow Diamond are still dictators and I doubt they've changed their minds very much about what Earth and organic life is worth, even if Blue isn't as bad as before and Yellow is clearly more capable of positive traits than she lets on. Plus let's face it, happy as they may be to find out that Pink is technically alive, it still doesn't change the fact that she faked her own death and caused IMMENSE emotional turmoil for the both of them, and I believe that there will probably still be a conflict of interests and ideologies that will lead to Blue and Yellow either choosing to declare full war on the Crystal Gems or at least choosing to disown "Pink" in some form.

That being said, they'll still have a sympathetic element to it all, because now they at least understand Pink's viewpoint and I think that while they'll still probably wage war with the Crystal Gems, they'll be MUCH more reluctant or at least conflicted about the fight, and thus probably won't be fighting at their best. As such, because of this, they will end up deciding on consulting someone else, someone they would not consult in any other circumstance, but here they feel they may not have any choice since this is now a Diamond vs Diamond fight, whether they want it or not.

Cue the introduction of WHITE DIAMOND.

• Thumbs Up 2