Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

36 minutes ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

We might be seeing that episode sooner that we thought?

tumblr_pc8al6NkVU1vc5pw0o1_1280.png

Oh THANK Goodness!

I was wondering/concerned about that. Thanks Mr. Burnett!

1 hour ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

We might be seeing that episode sooner that we thought?

tumblr_pc8al6NkVU1vc5pw0o1_1280.png

Thank god! I saw something of it on Reddit, but could not confirm if it was real or not until I checked up. I cannot wait for the episode to arrive soon and I know that I'll be excited for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok lets get down to the newest episode.

Spoiler

Of course, it would continue from Reunited. The moments lasted for quite a bit especially for Centibeetle' herself. We know that a lot of the corrupted gems still have their memories intact when given the help from BD, YD and Steven's PDs powers to recover and even if not permanent until they loose contact, I really hope the CGs, BD and YD find a way to make it a permanent heal.

We knew already that the legs in the desert was PDs ship, but something about seeing Homeworld being broken in half was a bit surprising.

Seeing how WDs Pearl looked like and how she moved was a bit freaky. Especially how she just travels through the wall and just how tall we got to see WD herself from her gigantic tall self. Although it's a bit of a scare to hear how she's an absolute nutcase of insanity coming from what Pearl told Steven, even if White didn't show it off.

Homeworld don't make gems how they used to, and they really did show off a bit from one scene with the amount of gems looking much different to how they once looked, especially when you compare to the Peridot's themselves.

The episode was quite a surprise and excitement both happening simultaneously but at least the feeling of seeing what happens next will be passed on for the season 5 final when that arrives to our screens.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's the Comic Con Panel

EDIT: I just realized that Peridot & Lapis might new Crystal Gem designs once they reform...

• Thumbs Up 1

So about the new episode....

Spoiler

I guess Save the Light is canon, given who Nephrite mentioned. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

So about the new episode....

Hide contents

I guess Save the Light is canon, given who Nephrite mentioned. 

I heard it was considered Tier 2.

12 hours ago, KHCast said:

An interesting theory 

Hide contents

Thoughts?

Makes sense.

It's sorta twice of what's been the theory about her for while.

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

So is the show finally ending after this little arc and movie

It kinda seems like it'd be that way, doesn't it?

20 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

It kinda seems like it'd be that way, doesn't it?

No I'm asking cause I swore I heard that from sdcc

50 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

No I'm asking cause I swore I heard that from sdcc

Oh really? I didn't catch that part if so.

They did not say that.

Or at least I'm pretty sure they didn't because they already announced a sixth season a while ago.

2 hours ago, Celestia said:

They did not say that.

Or at least I'm pretty sure they didn't because they already announced a sixth season a while ago.

Really? No idea what else they could do story wise. Diamonds seem like the pinnacle

Apparently the Crewniverse said they would "like" the show to run for 9 seasons in total. Considering where we're at in terms of the plot I don't think there's enough story left to fill 9 seasons. On the flip side I think it'll be too late to start a new arc after the current one is complete.

Anyway, my thoughts on the new episode ^^

Spoiler

The Diamonds - Despite how much they were freaking out at the end of Reunited I'm surprised at how chill Blue and Yellow were here. I know they like to keep up an "image" but they should've been somewhat angry at Steven/Pink at least. Despite some quirky moments from both Diamonds especially Blue I'm still not going to "forgive" them like the show seemingly wants me to. Despite all the horrible things they've done the show seems to portray them as little more than a broken family unit (White aside) and I'm not getting behind that. Speaking of which are none of the other characters seriously going to bat an eye at the fact that for the most part the Diamonds are shocked not because of the corruption but because their attack didn't commit genocide like it was supposed to?

Corruption - I'm glad corruption can't be healed just like that and while it does seem like it can be "easily" healed with just the combined effort of all the Diamonds that's likely going to be much easier said than done considering what we know about White's personality. I'm looking forward to seeing Steven trying to reason with this one lol

Pinks Ship - I know this is a pretty run-of-the-mill joke but I loved it when Steven was like "the ship should be somewhere around here past these pink pillars." I haven't thought about that particular area since Lion 4 but as soon as Steven said this I'm sure we all knew exactly where this was going lol Also him trying to motivate everyone before the "search" while they were all giving him the "Seriously?" face was just so funny to me lol As for the ship itself I'm glad the theory about the ship being a "person" was correct but I have to ask why does it have an a**? Like a really refined a**? lol Also I like how the ship controls and the implication that Steven/Pink has always been a terrible driver lol

Homeworld - It's definitely a mess atm. I wonder how long it has been like this. Isn't this the first time we've seen the planet from space?

"White" Pearl - So it seems that Pink and White Pearl were actually swapped at some point. This would make sense considering both Pearls gem placements and the fact that although we saw Pink Diamond and Crystal Gem Pearl together in A Single Pale Rose no one ever actually said CG Pearl belonged to Pink as far as I'm aware. I've been trying to figure out why they may have been swapped. Maybe WD just took Pinks Pearl after hers went "rogue?" I'm surprised she just didn't make a new Pearl. Maybe she was more interested in punishing Pink Pearl for what PD had done than getting a new Pearl. I don't know if any of you have seen this yet but if any of this is true then the latter scenario is the most plausible. White Diamonds treatment of "White" Pearl (6:44-8:07). The only flaw with this I can find is the timeline of the rebellion. Pink Diamond was with CG Pearl long before the Rebellion had begun so if the 2 Pearls were indeed swapped why were they swapped before everything went wrong?

White Diamond - I absolutely love her design! Easily one of the best designs in the entire show! She definitely made a good first impression as a character too! I still can't decide if she is actually unfazed by everything that has happened or if she's just really good at hiding her anger to assert herself being the most powerful Diamond and all. Even considering what little we've seen of her I already feel like SU is finally going to have a villain who is going to be written as a straight up villain. I've been getting annoyed at this show taking horrible characters and trying to make the audience pity them. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the conflict with White Diamond plays out as she doesn't seem to be in any way interested in anything anyone else will want to say.

Tl;dr I really enjoyed this episode ^^ Lot's of food for thought and some good jokes here and there ^^ While I had some complaints most of them were complaints I've had with the show as a whole for a while and not just this episode ^^

18 hours ago, Celestia said:

They did not say that.

Celestia, the next season IS the sixth season. This was the end of season 5. That's why everyone keeps bringing up things wrapping up with the next season and the movie afterwards.

1 hour ago, Shiroi said:

Apparently the Crewniverse said they would "like" the show to run for 9 seasons in total. Considering where we're at in terms of the plot I don't think there's enough story left to fill 9 seasons. On the flip side I think it'll be too late to start a new arc after the current one is complete.

This is something that keeps getting parroted around, often as a meme on 4chan, but there hasn't anything to actually confirm it being true that the series is going on for 9 seasons.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

This is something that keeps getting parroted around, often as a meme on 4chan, but there hasn't anything to actually confirm it being true that the series is going on for 9 seasons.

I haven’t heard anyone saying it is going on for 9 seasons just that the Crewniverse would “like” the show to go on for that long. There’s a difference although neither of these statements have been confirmed. I was just throwing out what was apparently said. Take it with a grain of salt of course ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Shiroi said:

I haven’t heard anyone saying it is going on for 9 seasons just that the Crewniverse would “like” the show to go on for that long. There’s a difference although neither of these statements have been confirmed. I was just throwing out what was apparently said. Take it with a grain of salt of course ^^

Oh nono, I was throwing that out there as more of a factoid than anything since it's been so prominent in other places. I wasn't trying to hard correct you. D=

Sorry for coming off like that. :<

2 hours ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Celestia, the next season IS the sixth season. This was the end of season 5. That's why everyone keeps bringing up things wrapping up with the next season and the movie afterwards.

Uhhh, I was responding to Meta77 who was specifically asking if the current arc and the movie was the end.

• Fist Bump 1

Been rewatching the show again, and The Trial is hilarious with the new context we have now. Back when it aired it seemed like the Zircon actually hit the nail on the head, but now we know it was Rose herself... oof...

It does make me wonder whether the story was going in an entirely different direction beforehand, and they decided against it during the same season, though. That suspicion against Yellow/White was a pretty big talking point for the lore back then, and it was handled pretty seriously. It doesn't really feel like a fake out tbh, especially with how Yellow was acting.

i was told that new SU episodes might be coming back in september, but i don't know for sure.

20 hours ago, Skye said:

i was told that new SU episodes might be coming back in september, but i don't know for sure.

Told by whom?