Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

On 8/7/2018 at 10:37 AM, Jovahexeon Megumin Academy said:

Told by whom?

i got it from various social media. it's probably not accurate, though

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, goku262002 said:

This is god damn fucking amazing.

I saw this in my related videos and thought it was just some deranged meme.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

So apparently, Youtuber LilyOrchard is catching quite a bit of derision for her collective criticism video on the series Steven Universe is Garbage and Here's Why. Any thoughts?

.......are they really taking about SU for 2 hours? Is there a summary somewhere?

I heard some rumor about the video on Tumblr, mostly about how the argument doesn't make sense or is very biased/skewing the narrative. And a "Lily" (probably a different person?) who's being very abusive and harmful to other people.

But I can't make a personal thought on it until I have enough courage to sit through the video.

46 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

.......are they really taking about SU for 2 hours? Is there a summary somewhere?

I heard some rumor about the video on Tumblr, mostly about how the argument doesn't make sense or is very biased/skewing the narrative. And a "Lily" (probably a different person?) who's being very abusive and harmful to other people.

But I can't make a personal thought on it until I have enough courage to sit through the video.

SHe does divide her video into various segments. I can probably do a quick outline of them.

And yes, that's very likely her.

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

SHe does divide her video into various segments. I can probably do a quick outline of them.

And yes, that's very likely her.

Oh. Maaaybe I can watch it then. It would be very helpful if you can make a summary, but I don't want to put you through all that trouble (I still can't believe it's 2 hours?!).

I heard the rumors first so it's pretty nervous to listen. I am very sad to hear it's the same person.

EDIT: (I hope posting reddit links are ok) I looked up her name and the title of the video and this came up 

It's a rebuttal so it's mainly criticism toward the video, but they also have a breif summary (idk how accurate) of the video. I probably still need to watch it though...*sigh*

But I can talk about the comment section. It surprised me it only had agreements/extreme hatred toward SU in general. No discussion, no disagreement, just "GOOD JOB LILY!! YOU TOTALLY MURDERED REBECCA SUGAR!!!!" like those commenting already had negative bias toward the series. Also, Rebecca Sugar? Not the show?

• "I haven't watched SU/stopped watching, and checked this video to know if it's worth trying" wait so you' completely trust one person's opinion????
  • "shit schedule!" I don't think hiatus aren't SU's fault. They should know that?
  • "human zoo is racist" these are space alien rocks?  "Gemnazis" .........no...just....NO.
  • "[anything about how Rose is crap]" She is supposed to be. characters have complicated stories and flaws. Rebecca even said Rose isn't a "good" person.
  • "they did diamond redemption wrong!!" .....sure they immediately stopped being aggresive but they're still ignorant and doesn't treat Steven as he is. It's not "Steven be friend" and it's over.  It's also the newest episodes too, do they not realize that's what they may focus on in the future????????

Okay I'm not gonna take every single comment so I'll stop. Maybe I'm taking things out of context.

EDIT EDIT: Ok I learned that she turns off the (dis)likes and deletes comments that disagree with her. Good to know.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

Oh. Maaaybe I can watch it then. It would be very helpful if you can make a summary, but I don't want to put you through all that trouble (I still can't believe it's 2 hours?!).

I heard the rumors first so it's pretty nervous to listen. I am very sad to hear it's the same person.

I've watched/listened to it at least 3 times in the past, so I should be able to skim it and remember the general points.

• Intro
  • 1. Procastrination 1:30
  •   Hiatuses 4:45
  •   Arc Pacing Issues 7:35 
  •   Steven Centered POV 10:40 
  •   Show, Don't Tell Character Development 12:10
  •   Storyboard Team Writing 17:33
  • 2. Arc Fatigue 18:30
  •    Main Character Summaries 18:48
  •       Crystal Gems 19:10
  •       Homeworld Trio 26:52
  •       The Diamonds 36:30
  • 3. The Animation 41:17
  •    Mindful Education 42:12
  •    Storyboards 45:41
  • 4. Hide Your Gays 48:15
  •    The Non-binary Status of Steven's Fusions 55:12
  •    Problems with Stevonnie 56:48
  • 5. Political Incorrect Myopia 1:01:40
  •     Neglecting to Realize the Undertones 1:04:20
  •     Concrete's Concept Art 1:09:02
  •     The Human Zoo 1:11:21
  • 6. Rose Quartz 1:13:58
  •     Unintentionally Unsympathetic 1:17:46
  •     The Incongruity 1:18:59
  •     The Retroactive Ramifications 1:21:10
  •     Comparison to KOTOR's Morality 1:25:52
  •     Owning your Ruthlessness 1:136:20
  • 7. The Irredeemability of The Great Diamond Authority
  •      Woobifying Awful People 1:43:44 
  •      Directly Insulting Rebecca Sugar 1:45:09
  •      The Problem with Forgiving Certain Villains 1:47:03
  •      The Importance of Addressing this Animation Trend 1:50:51
  • 8. Rebecca Sugar as a Showrunner
  • 9. Conclusion on the Positives

EDIT: (I hope posting reddit links are ok) I looked up her name and the title of the video and this came up 

Lilly Orchird’s “SU is Garbage…”, A Rebuttal

Uh, maybe just link it as text for convenience?

But I can talk about the comment section. It surprised me it only had agreements/extreme hatred toward SU in general. No discussion, no disagreement, just "GOOD JOB LILY!! YOU TOTALLY MURDERED REBECCA SUGAR!!!!" like those commenting already had negative bias toward the series. Also, Rebecca Sugar? Not the show?

• "I haven't watched SU/stopped watching, and checked this video to know if it's worth trying" wait so you' completely trust one person's opinion????
  • "shit schedule!" I don't think hiatus aren't SU's fault. They should know that?
  • "human zoo is racist" these are space alien rocks?  "Gemnazis" .........no...just....NO.
  • "[anything about how Rose is crap]" She is supposed to be. characters have complicated stories and flaws. Rebecca even said Rose isn't a "good" person.
  • "they did diamond redemption wrong!!" .....sure they immediately stopped being aggresive but they're still ignorant and doesn't treat Steven as he is. It's not "Steven be friend" and it's over.  It's also the newest episodes too, do they not realize that's what they may focus on in the future????????

Okay I'm not gonna take every single comment so I'll stop. Maybe I'm taking things out of context.

EDIT EDIT: Ok I learned that she turns off the (dis)likes and deletes comments that disagree with her. Good to know.

Yeah, that's just kind of how her comment sections tend to go for the most part. Along with her doing witty replies to a few.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Shiroi said:

Supposedly the final episode of this bomb is an hour long special???

That sounds almost series finale-esque.

Nah, it definitely isn't ending yet. I'm pretty sure recording session pictures leaked (without any footage) of an alt language dub for season 6 a while back, recent interviews with Zach Callison imply that they are very far ahead of where the current airing is (unsurprisingly), and Matt Burnett recently tweeted that this will be the end of the stuff he knew about the show's plot going forward (but that he could ask them anytime what's going on currently).

Most notably is this post from several months ago, accurately relaying many Cartoon Network announcements and renewals, including the movie, saying the end goal of the series was nine seasons (can't wait for that to get dragged out the same way Adventure Time did).

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Most notably is this post from several months ago, accurately relaying many Cartoon Network announcements and renewals, including the movie, saying the end goal of the series was nine seasons (can't wait for that to get dragged out the same way Adventure Time did).

This was also echoed in a spoiler post for the Steven Universe panel at SDCC earlier this year.

My theory as of now is that Battle of Heart & Mind will bring about the end of Era 2 of Homeworld. 

Looks interesting but honestly I felt more hype for adventure times ads. This one felt bloated and I really wish theyd teach Steven after all this time not everyone in the world or galaxy is nice

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Looks interesting but honestly I felt more hype for adventure times ads. This one felt bloated and I really wish theyd teach Steven after all this time not everyone in the world or galaxy is nice

He kinda knows that already. It's just a matter of grasping that some refuse to even be reasoned with or accept charity.

With that said, wait for it.

• 4 weeks later...

The Diamond Days are nearly upon us. Legs from here to Homeworld has apparently aired officially already and this Christmas will see the premiere of the first new episode Familiar.

In other news, how bout that She-Ra?

On 12/22/2018 at 4:52 AM, DabigRG said:

In other news, how bout that She-Ra?

I have yet to give a few episodes a watch, but I've heard good about it weeks ago (not sure if anyone said anything positive recent). Hopefully I can get to test watching some of it soon enough.