Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

Chance alone has me sold. One of my favorite indie artists gone major, and one of my favorite animated cartoons? Can’t wait to see how that turns out 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KHCast said:

A new short! This time on social media 

"Intersex rights are human rights"

Still, good to here from Stevonnie and the Crystal Gems again.

• 2 weeks later...

So Entertainment Weekly has given us the movie poster and well

Spoiler

steven-universe.jpg

Steven's actually growing older, and the villain is basically another Jenny XJ9.

It makes me want the trailer to come sooner.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, kimplix said:

So Entertainment Weekly has given us the movie poster and well

Hide contents

steven-universe.jpg

Steven's actually growing older, and the villain is basically another Jenny XJ9.

It makes me want the trailer to come sooner.

It's a partial shoutout to one for the promo art of JailBreak.

And, yes, that is what she looks like. Confusingly so.

Spoiler

I love Steven's new look.

Also, is there a time skip?

1 minute ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

I love Steven's new look.

Also, is there a time skip?

Spoiler

I would assume so, though it's also possible that it's not too big of one since Steven can age himself based on his mental state and it's very likely that he has changed because he's collective done some serious maturing over the past season(s).

Spoiler

Slightly off topic, but the fact that so many people are comparing the new villain to Jenny from My Life as a Teenage Robot is making me VERY happy. Underrated and fantastic show.

I like the theory going around that she’s a off colored attempt at a replacement diamond  for pink that was locked away by white. Hopefully something like that is confirmed 

Just now, KHCast said:

Hide contents

I like the theory going around that she’s a off colored attempt at a replacement diamond  for pink that was locked away by white. Hopefully something like that is confirmed 

Spoiler

That would explain the shoulders.

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

A lot of...Neck talk lol

Also, this video gives us when this movie takes place. One shot has Steven with the words "Age: 16", confirming a two-year timeskip.

12 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Also, this video gives us when this movie takes place. One shot has Steven with the words "Age: 16", confirming a two-year timeskip.

Oh. That's interesting, if sensible to know.

17 minutes ago, KHCast said:

A lot of...Neck talk lol

Big gem on campus.

We have confirmation from the SDCC panel. The movie's coming out on September 2nd.

We also now have a trailer!

Steven comes back to earth hoping to pick back up his life with the Crystal Gems, but trouble looms suddenly from a mysterious figure. Steven Universe The Movie premieres on Cartoon Network on September 2!

Experience the story behind the Steven Universe The Movie! We'll have in-depth interviews with Rebecca Sugar and the Crewniverse, exclusive behind the scenes of the process, and best of all, Lion the cat!  Full documentary will be included in the movie DVD!

12 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

We also now have a trailer!

Spoiler

That tower thing looks familiar.

So it's a rubber harlequin with Bismuth arms and a superinjector. ...Interesting choice. 

Not sure her design meshes all that well.

I see we got an Even Stronger Than You.

Bismuth has Magenta suspenders now

As for the musicians, were James Fauntleroy, Ted Leo, Macie Stewart, Grant Henry, and Zorsy  confirmed prior to this?

As for the behind the scenes video

Spoiler

The tower is some sort of Windmill.

There's a song covering the timeskip("Here we are in the future")

Steven Warps with the B Team at one point.

There are songs writing with each of the gems and their actresses' tastes in mind.(Not to sound racially insensitive, but I'm sorry--I can't tell who some of the voice actors are at a glance. Ms. Deedee and Shelby are definitely there, but I can't really say with confidence that Ms. Paz is as well.) There will apparently be tapdancing though.

There's a song that sounds like a peppy version of Do It for Her.

Hopefully one of the main cast dies. If this is another love solves all things my lord.

31 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Hopefully one of the main cast dies. If this is another love solves all things my lord.

I doubt any of the Crystal Gems dies. Why the hell would you want something like that? To show that not all villains are redeemable? That's a cheap way of upping the stakes.

I do see the main villain dying, tho, instead of being redeemed.

11 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I doubt any of the Crystal Gems dies. Why the hell would you want something like that? To show that not all villains are redeemable? That's a cheap way of upping the stakes.

I do see the main villain dying, tho, instead of being redeemed.

um YES. Because it would be a interesting take off the show for once. And yes to show not all villains are. I know CN tries to paint this show and its characters  and theme as love can overcome everything like that diamond arc ending where everyone just gets along now. Its not cheap but breaks the stale thought process of lot of western shows trying to have redemption arcs for villians or having whatever they do overcome. Sometimes seeing the fallout from someone serious breaks that, sometimes its fine to teach people not everyone in the world is going to be your friend and sometimes some will hurt you. But thats just me. I know a lot of the fanbase loves the entire "love" premise of the show  and seeing things overcome with love and songs. Myself id like to see steven suffer knowing for once a song and a hug wont solve the problem this time and the villain flatly comes out to say such.

Honestly, part of me is kinda thinking that this villain is designed that way in part because they do want her to be another straightforward antagonist that needs to be defeated.

The timing of it all just makes hypothetical sense.

Here's that song from the trailer.

Check out the live performance of "True Kinda Love" from San Diego Comic Con. Listen to the soundtrack now: https://lnk.to/SUmovie 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Sonictrainer said:

Here's that song from the trailer.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I saw that. 

Seems counter intuitive, non? 

• 1 month later...

Toonami did a thing and released a new trailer.

Also word of warning, I think an early screening of the movie just happened or is about to over the next few days so be weary of spoilers.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...