Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

LET'S GOOOOOO

19 minutes ago, Dr Egg-Gin said:

Dude you didn't post the best part. 

Looking like AwestruckVox got his wish.

They really need to clarify what this is. Some are calling it a new season, some the final season, some a new series, some a mini-series...

8 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

They really need to clarify what this is. Some are calling it a new season, some the final season, some a new series, some a mini-series...

It's basically a limited series that will tie up the loose ends left in the previous seasons and end the overall series.

After saving the universe, Steven is still at it, tying up every loose end. But as he runs out of other people’s problems to solve, he’ll finally have to face his own.

Like learning how to drive

Aw man, where to begin? New show. New opening. My favorite character Peridot is finally in the opening.

I'm not sure how long this is going to be, but I am hyped to see where this goes.

I wonder if they'll be taking a more complex look at how the movie ended. It rushed things rather much, and left a lot of unfortunate implications regarding the Diamonds taking Spinel. The movie made a point of taking a look at the Diamonds because of how controversial they were in the series finale, and Steven in the movie is very visibly uncomfortable, or annoyed by them, especially when White tried to throw the "can't judge a book" line back at him, so I wonder will this Future series do the same by examining the movie's ending since they don't have a constrained time scale now.

2 hours ago, mayday2592 said:

Huh so Jasper apparently will be a major villain, along with Aqua Marine a corrupted gem, and two Lapis Lazulis?

Is that Aquamarine?  I know that's the obvious choice, but it looks more colorful for one. 

But yeah, they are accompanied by a cluster mutant made in Steven's image, a brainwashed White Diamond, and a giant millipede like monstrosity. 

2 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

It's essentially [show I can't pin down], a final season with a slight rebrand. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Aw man, where to begin? New show. New opening. My favorite character Peridot is finally in the opening.

I'm not sure how long this is going to be, but I am hyped to see where this goes.

Oh yeah, she never quite made it in due to only Amethyst reforming. 

I was worried they were gonna pull some bullshit and set Season 6 right after Change Your Mind and keep the status quo, but I'm sure glad they didn't.

Apparently this is being called a "limited series" rather than an actual S6 of the existing series though, which doesn't really mean anything since they called Adventure Time's later seasons that, they called Over the Garden Wall that, and they called Infinity Train that.

The new opening looks great. I'm not as much a fan of the Here We Are in the Future motif, but the animation is super slick, and I'm excited to see what's going on with Jasper, those two Lapises, and what appears to be a fusion of Aquamarine and something else (It's got her gem, wings and proportions, but red hair and outfit, along with facial markings indicating a formerly corrupt gem. A Ruby, perhaps?).

Can't say I'm much for weird Cactus Steven monstrosity or giant centipede though. I was tired of Watermelon Stevens three seasons ago, and I don't see this thing being much more interesting. The centipede might not be a corrupt gem, and there's theorizing that it's Pink color and energy seems to have something to do with the enraged White Diamond on the left. Maybe they're connected somehow.

4 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Apparently this is being called a "limited series" rather than an actual S6 of the existing series though, which doesn't really mean anything since they called Adventure Time's later seasons that, they called Over the Garden Wall that, and they called Infinity Train that.

Neither of those 3 things were called "limited series"...they were called mini series.

Adventure Time specifically had "mini series" during its later seasons, not the full season.

Apparently "limited series" is actually different, though it just seems to be longer.

Which only means it's gonna be notably more episodes than OTGW and Infinity Train, most likely a full season.

8 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

what appears to be a fusion of Aquamarine and something else (It's got her gem, wings and proportions, but red hair and outfit, along with facial markings indicating a formerly corrupt gem. A Ruby, perhaps?).

The centipede might not be a corrupt gem, and there's theorizing that it's Pink color and energy seems to have something to do with the enraged White Diamond on the left. Maybe they're connected somehow.

That's my thought as well, given the attention they draw to it. Well that and how jarring it is to see White like that. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Uh oh...

Spoiler

Seems like the Pink Quartz Beast is a viewpoint character. 

Jasper and her dramatic entrances. 

And yep, that's Aquamarine and Eyeball alright.  

Why is Pink Pearl cracking up, though? 

In case it was missed - Future premieres on CN US at 8pm on the 7th December. It'll be starting with a one-hour special.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Netflix UK just announced that they'll be putting up more Steven Universe. No word if they'll remove Season 1 and replace with Season 2, or if they'll try to have all seasons available. The announcement also confirmed multiple seasons were coming, so we could be seeing the full show added just in time for Future's debut.

Get a glimpse of Steven Universe Future! Don't miss the epic premiere 12/7 at 8p in the US

Spoiler

Let's check off our checklist for Steven Universe Future so far

• We have 2 new powers for Steven: his pink form, which we saw for the first time in Change Your Mind, and a Time Stop
  • We have another reason to hate Pink Diamond before she became Rose Quartz (guess how Pink Pearl lost her eye)
  • We now have actual Rose Quartz and get to see the powers of the unbubbled gems
  • We have a brand new fusion, known as Mega Pearl
  • We have some sort of... resolution for Steven & Jasper....sort of...

I missed the special via not setting the DVR like an asshole and had to settle for sparse minute long clips on Channels that are unlikely to show up at first.

This really does feel like cleanup thus far, so don't trust the trailer.

Or even random theories thus fare.

8 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

• We have 2 new powers for Steven: his pink form, which we saw for the first time in Change Your Mind, and a Time Stop
  • We have another reason to hate Pink Diamond before she became Rose Quartz (guess how Pink Pearl lost her eye)
  • We now have actual Rose Quartz and get to see the powers of the unbubbled gems

Spoiler

The second of which may been exclusive to Smoky due to Amethyst's spin dash.

11 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Is it me or is it becoming a game for the SU writers to figure out how to make Pink Diamond even more of an unlikable scumbag? Like I admit I’m still catching up on earlier seasons, but she was meant to be likeable at some point, yeah?

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:
  Hide contents

Is it me or is it becoming a game for the SU writers to figure out how to make Pink Diamond even more of an unlikable scumbag? Like I admit I’m still catching up on earlier seasons, but she was meant to be likeable at some point, yeah?

Spoiler

Or they're probably responding to fan criticism for "redeeming" space fascists by trying to make Pink look bad, except it only makes all the Diamonds look worse as a whole, and also unintentionally contradicts their own past attempts to make Pink look better.

8 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Or they're probably responding to fan criticism for "redeeming" space fascists by trying to make Pink look bad, except it only makes all the Diamonds look worse as a whole, and also unintentionally contradicts their own past attempts to make Pink look better.

Spoiler

Even that is completely fucked. SU The Movie attempted to address it by having Steven annoyed by the Diamonds and their attempts to use him as a replacement for Pink, and pointing out the fact that the Diamonds aren't really changing their ways due to actual acknowledgement of wrong-doing on their part, but rather just to appease Steven to make him stay, and then trying to throw his own lessons back into his face at any given chance (White Diamond's "judge a book" comment at the end of the movie).

But then that contradict even that by having Steven not only purposefully being insensitive as hell towards Spinell during her villainous breakdown when she thought Steven used her and was about to throw her away, despite the fact Steven's whole shtick is meant to be his words, and his ability to get through to others through sheer friendliness and kindness, but then despite everything else, Steven decides to just kill two birds with one stone and pawn off Spinell and her bundle of abandonment and mental problems off to the Diamonds, who want to use her as a Pink surrogate.

So instead of addressing both the Diamonds and Spinell's actually legitimate problems and the fact they are very clearly unhealthy for each other, because Spinell's just going to continue the cycle over and over again as soon as the Diamonds get tired of her, and the Diamonds are just going to continue the cycle of trying to find Pink Diamond replacements instead of actively bothering to make an attempt to have either of them grow past their issues and legitimately redeem themselves. 

I don't have an issue with the idea of redeeming them as much as I have an issue with them taking the clear lazy option to do it. Instead of forcing them to address the problems, understand why they did wrong, and have them grow - much like they did with Peridot or Bismuth, instead both of these characters have ulterior motives, and in Spinell's case - some incredibly serious mental problems, and instead of an active attempt at helping them, Steven basically throws them away to solve their own shit while he does whatever.

Like yeah, I can get the Diamonds at least, Steven seemingly had to deal with them being clingy nutcases for two years, and constantly bugging him to throw away his life on Earth to live with them, but Spinell? Someone who was completely abandoned and driven insane with isolation and loneliness, who really can't be blamed that much for her own mental issues as much as Pink Diamond should be blamed for it, Steven basically just threw his hands up, said not his problem, and left her to The Diamonds, basically acting as a time-bomb until Spinell explodes again because her issues weren't properly addressed, and instead were just buried with a temporary solution. Like what? 

So even them trying to make Pink more and more awful in every appearance or story continuation doesn't even make sense for addressing the Diamonds being redeemed because even their own attempts at that during SU The Movie were really fucking terrible.