Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

StevenUniverse_design_challenge.jpg

The Crystal Gems, a group of intergalactical female warriors who uses the powers of these gems embedded in their bodies to save the universe!  Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and Steven!!! Wait, what?… Steven?!  Yup.

Submit now to the first ever Design Contest for Steven Universe, hosted by WeLoveFine. We know there are some super-talented fan artists who love this show out there, and we want to see your spectacular designs; the very best, as rated by your fellow fans, could reach our finalists and have a chance at winning up to $2,000 cash!  Or a prize chosen by our honored guest judges, series creatorRebecca Sugar; creative director Ian Jones-Quartey; and artist Steven Sugar, Rebecca’s brother and the real-life inspiration for Steven on the show!  The winners will also be made into official Steven Universe merchandise available here at WeLoveFine.

So polish up your gems, get your thinking caps on and capture the spirit of this fan-favorite show; good luck, everyone!

So yeah, this contest is sure going to get some good t-shirt designs throughout this month. Possibly one of my favourites so far is this.

tumblr_n3eyyeG0CM1qcm2uao1_1280.png

This is too fantastic and spot on. And this is one of the 5 so far

• Thumbs Up 1

It's hard to believe we're nearly at the end of the season. 

We're already almost done? I thought this was going to have around 50 episodes a season like most 10 minute cartoons do.

The show has been moved to Wednesdays instead of Mondays! I, uh...have no idea if this is a good thing or not??? I know shows being moved to different days can sometimes be a bad thing, but I dunno the specifics regarding that sort of thing. But yeah, not sure if this is common knowledge yet, so I thought I'd spread the word to the thread here.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=47006&start=100

Well, I doubt that it's a sign that they'll bury it and that they're spreading the new toons a bit. Kinda like how new eps of Uncle Grandpa and Teen Titans Go are on Tuesdays. Also, as someone stated in the link, Adult Swim is bumping its schedule up by an hour, now starting at 8pm instead of the usual 9 for some odd reason. 

Also, the new show Clarence has something to do with it too as it's premiering on Monday April 14th.  

Also, some (possible) synopses of upcoming episodes on Wiki's List of Steven Universe eps. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Steven_Universe_episodes

I can't help but think they could have benefited from fleshing out the mythology of the world a bit, made sort of a bible.  I kinda feel like they were a bit fast and loose with it.  

But I do like it, they do some nice visual flourishes here and there that set it apart.  

So SPOILER ALERT there are synopses out for up to season 2 and if any part of this is accurate (as the synopses for season 1 have proved to be) then we're in for a total adventure.

If you're into this - like I totally am - and you don't follow The World of Steven Universe yet, it's an awesome resource that has all of the episodes up in 1080p including the pilot and has them by the morning after they air. Plus fan art and all the music and tons of neat things!

Also NEW PROMO.

So SPOILER ALERT there are synopses out for up to season 2 and if any part of this is accurate (as the synopses for season 1 have proved to be) then we're in for a total adventure.

If you're into this - like I totally am - and you don't follow The World of Steven Universe yet, it's an awesome resource that has all of the episodes up in 1080p including the pilot and has them by the morning after they air. Plus fan art and all the music and tons of neat things!

Also NEW PROMO.

These future episode synopses seem very interesting. Thanks for posting this

I really do love how the production staff create these simplistic line art advertisements for new episodes. They look really nice.

Yey! No Adventure Time and/or Steven Universe made me a Sad Mambo. :(

Looking at future episode titles, if they are accurate

I'm looking forward to Rose's Room. I'd like to know more about Rose Quartz. The other Gems seem to hold her in high regard.

Just saw the episode. Very good

I was not expecting Pearl to get stabbed by the android though. That was a total turn of events for the episode itself. Well at least we get to have her in a new dress anyways

Edit: And they've just posted the model sheet for her new look around an hour or so ago

1926000_252877968231274_1841273259020753

Hmm... interesting episode.

I totally did not see Pearl getting stabbed coming... but interesting to hear that when a Gem goes under extreme damage/pain, they

lose their physical form and retreat to their gem. Does this mean that Rose Quartz lost her physical form bringing Steven into the world, and as such she inhabits Steven's Gem? Hmmmm.....

Also, this:

41d2c838-b763-46d8-bd4c-07206c47ab4b_zps

Gotta Go Fast?

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmm... interesting episode.

I totally did not see Pearl getting stabbed coming... but interesting to hear that when a Gem goes under extreme damage/pain, they

lose their physical form and retreat to their gem. Does this mean that Rose Quartz lost her physical form bringing Steven into the world, and as such she inhabits Steven's Gem? Hmmmm....

The circumstances of Steven's birth aren't really known at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's related to what happened to Pearl in this episode. Probably not the exact same ability, though. Related to that, what happens if Steven himself is greatly injured? Can he use that method to heal?

And yes, Pearl getting stabbed was the biggest "oh shit" moment so far. This show never ceases to surprise me.

Is that new outfit that Pearl was wearing at the end of the most recent episode going to be her primary design now?

Why did they put Sanic in Steven Universe? Now the meme's popularity is going to skyrocket. Sanic is as good as dead now. :(

Why did they put Sanic in Steven Universe? Now the meme's popularity is going to skyrocket. Sanic is as good as dead now. sad.png

...Wha? :V

It's just a joke. Yeah it gets annoying when that's all people know of Sonic but there's no harm in it really. Especially since it's pretty funny. :v

• Thumbs Up 1

That's not SANIC, that's "Gotta Go Fast".

He's sometimes referred to as "Lil Sanic" or "Classic Sanic" as well. Also I was kind if joking with my last post, I found it funny that they put him in there.

Is that new outfit that Pearl was wearing at the end of the most recent episode going to be her primary design now?

I believe so

I really love this show, it's pretty much one of the only reasons I still watch CN. The only really good shows they have IMO are this, Adventure Time, Regular Show and The Amazing World of Gumball. AT and Gumball I've grown tired of, though, so I really only watch this and RS...but with Sonic Boom coming up, that adds another show I'll watch.

Is it also being broadcast every other week as well as the day change? Or am I missing something? Easter break/specials?

Is it also being broadcast every other week as well as the day change? Or am I missing something? Easter break/specials?

As I know of, there's gonna be 3 episode per month

Oh hey. We just got a clip for Lion 2: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ecknPrbamE

It's great to see Connie and Lion again, this looks like it should be a good episode.

I really love Steven Universe, it's such a great cartoon. It has a great blend of action and comedy, and it's a nice change of pace from other cartoons these days. It's nice seeing strong female characters that aren't relying on the male star for something and are role models for the male star, especially on the boy centric Cartoon Network. You don't see a lot of male characters looking up to female characters on tv.

One of my favorite things about the show, and what really drew me in was the music. I love the background music on this show, it's amazing, and it really fits the show. Giant woman is one of the best examples, when Opal is fighting the monster, it's just wonderful.

The combination of the beautiful visuals and backgrounds, and the background music is just fantastic.

One more thing I love is that Beach City is based off of Delaware beaches, and seems be in Delaware too. It's rare to have any media set in Delaware, so it makes this show even more amazing to me.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 2 weeks later...

Lion 2 was really neat, and has raised a lot of questions. Does Steven have some kind of destiny? What's with his lion bringing him to that weird cave? Can Steven and Connie become even more adorable than they already are? I'm sure we'll get answers to all these questions at some point. So pumped for the last few episodes of the Season.

Also, seriously, Lion, what's with the sword in your head?

E: Also, I thought it was cool when the...whatever that robot thing was had the power to shatter Steven's shield from the last time Connie showed up. Considering that shield held up to a lot of different things, it was a nice way of demonstrating robot-thingy's power.

Edited by Celestia

That room was totally Rose Quartz's training room! And I suppose Lion is her pet or familiar. And because of that Lion knows he has to help her son become a Gem.

• Thumbs Up 2