Awoo.

Man dead in suspected Woolwich terror attack

KrazyBean

_67762464_woolwich_rexfeatures.jpg

A man has been killed in a machete attack and his two assailants shot by police in Woolwich, south-east London.

The government is reported to be treating the assault as a suspected terrorist incident and the prime minister said it was "truly shocking".

Home Secretary Theresa May has summoned a meeting of the government's emergency response committee Cobra.

Local MP Nick Raynsford said the dead man was a soldier at Woolwich barracks but this has not been confirmed.

Here's the full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303

I just woke up from my nap and I heard this on the news...the sickening thing is that the attackers were planning to film this attack and probably post it online as an act of terrorism.

Why is there so much tragedy all of a sudden? First the Oklahoma Tornado which was on the news just 2 DAYS AGO and now this! 

Edited by KrazyBean

Fucks sake why is there so much tragedy this year! God damn it world!

I kind of want to know what that blurred out thing in the picture is. But I get the feeling I'm probably better off not knowing.

Yeah, I walked downstairs to see this on the TV earlier, that's why I made a status about it.

Just... ugh. I know there's pretty much been killings and shit nearly every year, but come on. Can't we just have peace, even for, like, a month? Is that too much to ask? :c

Hope the man that was killed rests in peace. You suffered a horrible and ridiculously unfair end to your life, especially taking into account that you're a solider. You risk your life to protect us, and this is how you are repaid.   -sigh- :/

Edited by Super Spindash

I kind of want to know what that blurred out thing in the picture is. But I get the feeling I'm probably better off not knowing.

There was a HUGE bloodstain when the body was removed when you watch this story. They brutalized him...

*sigh* Will this pointless bloodshed ever end? There's been multiple shootings in my area for the past few months and now this.

Poor guy, may he rest in peace.

The Tornado was a random occurrence.

This is horrible news, the world is a horrible place outside of our houses, everyone.

Well considering that I live quite near Woolwich (half hour drive to get there) and I was literally next door to Woolwich about only an hour ago, it does come across as a bit of a shock! 

The police obviously took this very seriously.

Edited by -Bender-

UPDATE:

ITV had obtained footage of a man with bloodied hands at the scene. He was also carrying knives and was speaking into a camera. Here is the full story, which includes the obtained footage.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-05-22/exclusive-man-with-bloodied-hands-at-woolwich-scene/

I don't even know what to think of this. Just.... what the fuck?

*chav trying to act all cool because he witnessed a fucking murder*

Eyewitness account

I don't really know what to make of this. He could've done a lot worse, but... I'm sorry but that's pretty much "lol saw some guy get killed gotta tweet this"

-sigh- Eh. Maybe it's just something I'm missing, I haven't really analysed those tweets. Don't really wanna rot up my brain cells.

Around 40 members of the EDL (a far right group) have descended onto the area and have charged at police... .. ... what the fuck?

Ok, just watched some of the coverage about this on Newsnight, and its chilling, but confusing too.

They murdered someone in broad daylight (reported to be a soldier between terms) and then...stayed in the area to talk to everyone around them? To make polictical statements, whilst still holding knives and meat cleavers in their bloodied hands? Allow themselves to be filmed? Its just mind-boggling in the scariest, creepiest way.

We can't even tell if these two acted alone or if they're part of something bigger.

Toughts and condolences to the victim's family. This is truly something else.

This is by far the worst and the most disgusting thing I have read since the day I was born. Thoughts and prayers go out to the victim's friends and family. 

Here's the full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303

I just woke up from my nap and I heard this on the news...the sickening thing is that the attackers were planning to film this attack and probably post it online as an act of terrorism.

Why is there so much tragedy all of a sudden? First the Oklahoma Tornado which was on the news just 2 DAYS AGO and now this! 

Except there's a huge difference between a natural disaster beyond anybody's control and an outright act of murder.

Woolwich really isn't that far from me at all. Maybe a 10-15 minute drive or so? Hell, it's a walkable distance, so yeah, this feels a little unnerving having something like this happen so close to home.

The fact that the guy acts basically normal apart from having bloodied hands is fucking crazy. You expect murderers to "act crazy" so to speak or at least not hang about and be more evasive, so the fact he acts to normal (aside from the political ranting) makes it creepy as fuck.

I didn't even know about this until a few hours ago, I had a really good day while people lost their lives and suffered great terror. It really puts everything in perspective. Crazy shit can happen so easily.

This is sad but also chilling, the way he apologises to "women" and act like he has a moral ground to stand on, almost like he fully believes murdering this person was right.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Saw this after watching the Apprentice. Terrible stuff, just awful. They have a lot to answer for once they're taken to court.

My thoughts go to the family of that soldier, whoever they may be. What a painful and horrible way to go.

What I don't understand is why the guy decided to stick around after committing the act instead of fleeing. Still, this event is horrible and my condolences go out to the family and friends of the victim.

I think when people mention the tornado from a few days ago, their just talking about how there's just a lot of death and sadness in this one year.

But wow. This is disturbing,gross,and just despicable. An the killers make me sick....my heart and prayers go out to the family of the soldier. May he rest in piece.

Edited by Aqua

Can't we just have peace, even for, like, a month?

We've only have had 250 years of peace in the documented history of the world.

What I don't understand is why the guy decided to stick around after committing the act instead of fleeing. Still, this event is horrible and my condolences go out to the family and friends of the victim.

Because the whole point was to convey a message? We can't be quite sure of what it was due to the police shooting them, but based on the few quotes we have, it's terrorism against the UK's military participation on Islamic countries. The whole eye for an eye bit and shouts of allahu akbar.

Can I just take a moment to hail the bravery of Ingrid Loyau-Kennett?

She's this lady.

She witnessed part of the attack from a bus. She then got off, even though it wasn't her stop, to attempt first-aid. Then, as you can see, she spoke to both of the two men, told them that they would not win their holy war, and basically kept all of their attention on her. Whilst they were still holding their weapons, in blood-stained hands. That's amazing.

• Thumbs Up 3