Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 1 Prototype + Sonic Adventure 2 Pre-Release ~ Origin topic owner in thread

kimplix

sa102.png

Oh shit, look at all those curves and slopes....it's beautiful ;_;

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting, it looks like a test level for the physics engine with all those loops and hills.

This... THIS is the beautiful part.

Windy Valley beta. Next to a Sonic 1 Beta, this is the holy grail of all things Sonic research. For many of us it won't ever get more amazing than this.

Yeah this is the real good shit. This is to SA what Hidden Palace Zone was to Sonic 2. Can't wait to see someone get this working in Generations or Sonic GDK or something.
  • Thumbs Up 2

It's like Green Hill and Sky Sanctuary had a baby and this is its love child. I would've loved to have rolled around at the speed of sound in this level. So was this only a test level or just a scrapped design?

Edited by TheCakeMiester

Why does everyone want to see the Windy Valley beta again? What makes it more special than any other beta?

Why does everyone want to see the Windy Valley beta again? What makes it more special than any other beta?

The level is completely different.

I CAN't FUCKING BELIEVE THEY FOUND IT HELL YES

Test level.

Windy Valley beta. Next to a Sonic 1 Beta, this is the holy grail of all things Sonic research. For many of us it won't ever get more amazing than this.

Reminds me of a race track it does

Yeah this is the real good shit. This is to SA what Hidden Palace Zone was to Sonic 2. Can't wait to see someone get this working in Generations or Sonic GDK or something.

I'm honestly more interested in having it up and running in SADX. We know some bits about the layout from videos and screens. Actually putting it into motion in the game for all to see is going to be the amazing part.

Holy shit I can't believe this is real

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

Even though every game goes through a lot of changes, Sonic Adventure went through A LOT of changes because Sonic Team was trying to figure out how to make Sonic 3D. The Windy Valley beta was shown frequently in previewss, and like Vertekins said, we can still see some of it made it to the final game. But now we can see how it really looked like and maybe even play it. I'm surprised at some of the changes that were made before the game went gold, but I can't help but wonder if some of the assets were used for the Chao garden.

Test level.

Somebody port this to the Steam or the original PC version(s). NOW.

Somebody port this to the Steam or the original PC version(s). NOW.

Retro's working on it.

Last I checked, it wouldn't load up.

Can't wait for Dude to finish getting this baby into Generations. Just look at all those corners and slopes; drifting into and off of those and flying around is going to be fantastic!

Really, wow, I can't believe I'm actually around while such a sought-after thing in Sonic history has suddenly turned up out of the blue... along with those test levels that finally prove how Sonic Team really had a good try to get momentum-based level design and physics working in 3D. It's a damned shame they couldn't, and they've gone a long way since then to make the gameplay work without, but it's so satisfying to see the roots of 3D Sonic after all these years!

God, just imagine if the Sonic 1 prototype turns out of the blue like this one day...

• Thumbs Up 3

Test level.

This looks really nice. Sort of like a Marble Garden/Aquatic Ruin Zone in 3D.

I won't pretend to understand all the ins and outs of the digging through the files and what not, but this is really interesting all the same.

Edited by MamboCat

I've always wanted to see the beta Windy Valley in action. Hopefully someone will get it into Generations or SADX. I'd love to see that.

I wonder if that multi headed dragon from the original Sky Chase is in the beta? Or would they have removed that already by that point?

I wonder if that multi headed dragon from the original Sky Chase is in the beta? Or would they have removed that already by that point?

...it's still in the REGULAR game, soooooooo

Unless you're talking about it still being in the actual stage and stuff; then we probably would've heard about it by now.

Edited by Game & Wario

I'd love to see the Beta stages in Sonic 06. Look at all of the stages curves, slopes, inclines. ramps, and walls makes want to see sonic make them his bitch.

...it's still in the REGULAR game, soooooooo

Unless you're talking about it still being in the actual stage and stuff; then we probably would've heard about it by now.

Yeah we would have heard about it I guess, I did mean fully functional too. The Windy Valley stuff is awesome tho. If that's there then surely the stuff from the early Speed Highway must be as well?

Sonic Adventure DX - Sky Dragon Boss [Prototype]  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqLh2U7Mv2s

It's right here.