Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 - Smashing into June 11 [E3 Direct: 7 AM PT / Dev Interviews: 12 PM PT]

Carbo

Ah good, I'm looking forward to this! I'm actually finding my interest in the Wii U slowly growing as of late so hopefully they'll have two or three new big game announcements happy.png  

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if they would show ANYTHING Zelda U related...Skyward Sword DID come out in 2011, and I'm pretty sure that the new Zelda will come out in 2014.

Oh well...looking forward to Mario U, Mario Kart U (which has to do a lot to convince me that it'll be better than All Stars Racing Transformed), SSB4 and obviously Sonic Lost World!

Edited by KrazyBean

This is the first time a Nintendo Direct has been announced over two weeks in advance, and we already know that the new 3D Mario, Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros will be there, with the first two launching this FY.

This is going to be big.

• Thumbs Up 9

It's a me, Mario, it's time to go to the 3D Mushroom Kingdom and destroy the evil forces of Microsoft and Sony. 

It's a me, Mario, it's time to go to the 3D Mushroom Kingdom and destroy the evil forces of Microsoft and Sony. 

Well, I wouldn't call Sony "evil" at the moment Mr. Mario =\

You smell that? That smell. A smelly, smelly smell, that smells... smelly...

Megatons

MEGATONS

MEGATONS

• Thumbs Up 1

New Mario, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. already confirmed to show. Finally some footage on Retro's mystery project. More info preivously shown games and possibly more that we don't know...

tumblr_mkjk4hb8Cb1rke1amo1_500.gif

Where we're going, We don't need E3 passes.

Edited by ↑↑↓↓ ←→ ←→ B A YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 4

Wait so now Nintendo IS doing E3 after all? Sweet. I doubt they'll be a disappointment like last year. I need that Retro game (please be a Metroid)

Wait so now Nintendo IS doing E3 after all? Sweet. I doubt they'll be a disappointment like last year. I need that Retro game (please be a Metroid)

They were always "doing E3" (which sounds totally hawt). They just weren't gonna have a big fancy press conference.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have a lot of questions in my head about how this is going to work/happen/go forward, but I'll just wait and see.

If Retro's project is a new Metroid (hopefully Prime-style), I'll be ecstatic.

If we get a 3DS Metroid (Super style) alongside it, I'll be elated.

If we get those two, all the stuff we've been promised, AND more Nintendo games, Nintendo can have my bank account numbers.

Edited by Game & Wario
  • Thumbs Up 2

All I really want is a new Golden Sun.

But part of me thinks there won't be much new besides the already confirmed MK/Mario/Zelda/SSB entries :c I hope I'm wrong.

It just seems like too much to introduce in just a Direct.

I dunno, Golden Sun 3 was pretty...eeeeehhhhhh...

It's unfortunate that all it took was one "not so great" game to put people off the series altogether, when there was previously a lot of praise for it with good reason.

I have the utmost faith that Camelot could make GS4 far better than GS3, their failures are few and far in between.

I still enjoyed GS3, granted I understand the criticisms (esp the difficulty), a lot of it was very faithful and nostalgic.

Edited by SuperLink

That's where my problem lied; it tried far too hard to be like "HEY REMEMBER THIS FROM THE FIRST GAME!?".  I mean, the final "secret" dungeon was even the same. :\  Then they went and ignored the things we'd ACTUALLY like to see from the previous games, being the old characters.  We get to see Isaac and Garet; that's it.  I am SUPER disappoint, although getting Eoleo was pretty fucking cool.

But I'd be all up for it as long as they promised not to do such a bang-up job this time.

That's where my problem lied; it tried far too hard to be like "HEY REMEMBER THIS FROM THE FIRST GAME!?".  I mean, the final "secret" dungeon was even the same. :\  Then they went and ignored the things we'd ACTUALLY like to see from the previous games, being the old characters.  We get to see Isaac and Garet; that's it.  I am SUPER disappoint, although getting Eoleo was pretty fucking cool.

But I'd be all up for it as long as they promised not to do such a bang-up job this time.

What I got from it was that it was leading up to something bigger, it teased the new lives of the old characters, they were all in places closed off on the world map, and there were so many continents and locations on the map that you couldn't get to too.

Similar to the first game and Lost Age, I expected from point one that they planned to expand fully with the "real plot" in GS4, with GS3 being more like a prologue to it to introduce new characters, and new Alchemy elements like Darkness and Light.

Anyway yeah this is a li'l off topic but basically I have always really wanted GS4. I'll be heartbroken if they cancelled it due to mediocre reception of GS3 :c I hope to at least hear more about it when Camelot have finished on all those sports games.

Edited by SuperLink

It's fairly obvious that there was (or is) intended to be a Lost Age to this game, but without any sort of promise it just seems like the story is only half resolved with no hope of it getting continued.

I would like to see how they'd handle it on the 3DS, though, especially with all those new elements (and hopefully Djinni and Adepts to go with them) and the promise of a much bigger map to explore.

"Earthbound Wii U" just popped up on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Earthbound-Wii-U/dp/B00CEUQ9Y0/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1369326678&sr=1-1&keywords=earthbound&tag=vglnk-uk-c88-21

Amazon also leaked the physical release of NSLU.

Make of it what you will.

Maybe a collection? Oh boy.

I don't think it's anything though, probably popped up in error since we know people are anticipating it.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that this isn't every single one of my horrifyingly Giygas-haunted dreams come true and that this is just a collection or something.

Since games are starting to sell digital versions of games, it makes me wonder if it's just a digital code.

Also, NSLU while on Amazon was listed for the 3DS.. Could have just been a guess or something.