Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 - Smashing into June 11 [E3 Direct: 7 AM PT / Dev Interviews: 12 PM PT]

Carbo

...I'll just pretend like I didn't see anything of that Earthbound Amazon thingie, or else I will be hyped for something that isn't even real. D:

Also, Serebii just reported that X/Y will be in the direct. Is this the first time a Pokemon game was a major player at E3?

Also, Serebii just reported that X/Y will be in the direct. Is this the first time a Pokemon game was a major player at E3?

Yep.

BST is British time, right?

Anyway, besides what we already know, I still expect a Metroid announcement for the Wii U and 3DS. And the other Cross-Overs/Collaborations. Maybe a sneak peak at Zelda U.

I hope there's a Metroid game this time.

It's been 6 years since Prime 3. I want to pump missiles into Ridley's face in glorious HD.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want a new 2D Metroid :(

Haha, we want so much, we're gonna be disappointed in one way or another.

• Thumbs Up 3

Why can't Amazon leak a fucking Star Fox game?

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 7

It's been 6 years since Prime 3. I want to pump missiles into Ridley's face in glorious HD.

Holy shit you're right, I'm getting old...

• Thumbs Up 1

It's only actually been 3 years since the last Metroid.

NEVER SPEAK OF THAT GAME AGAIN, DAMMIT!

tongue.png

I actually liked Other M

• Thumbs Up 1

There was a game released in 2010 that had Samus in it, but it wasn't a Metroid game. I think it was call Other W or something. I hear it was pretty shitty and everyone wanted to forget it exists.

• Thumbs Up 3

Actualy let me say this, the other M had decent gameplay, however the story just stunk

• Thumbs Up 2

There was a game released in 2010 that had Samus in it, but it wasn't a Metroid game. I think it was call Other W or something. I hear it was pretty shitty and everyone wanted to forget it exists.

Even Samus herself gave it a thumbs down.

have.jpg

Seriously though I liked Other M

It's only actually been 3 years since the last Metroid.

I'll be honest.  My mind actually drew a blank there for a few minutes.

That bad.

• Thumbs Up 6

3 years ago, Samus was having a bad dream where she had daddy issues, PTSD attacks, had to be told when to do things, and possibly wanted tentacle rape.

I don't care if the bew game is 2D or 3D, I just want a new game that isn't so streamlined and hand holdy. I wish they'd have Retro work on the big 3D game and have another studio work on the 2D game. Sort of like they did in 2002 and 2004 with MP1-2 and MF-ZM.

Also, it's been over 10 years since Metroid Prime came out. I'll give you this time to feel old and cry.

Edited by King Sombrero

I've said it before, but I think we'll get both. First-Person on the Wii U by Retro and 2D on the 3DS, by SPD 1. Especially the 2D is likely. They've shown with games like LTTP2 that they want to make games like back then.

I rather they show off a new title in the Star Fox or F- Zero series.

Those franchises haven't received new titles(I wouldn't count the 3DS port of SF64) in years, so I feel that they should get the spotlight rather than Metroid, who's last game was released just under 3 years ago. 

Edited by canderson

I rather they show off a new title in the Star Fox or F- Zero series.

Those franchises haven't received new titles(I wouldn't count the 3DS port of SF64) in years, so I feel that they should get the spotlight rather than Metroid, who's last game was released just under 3 years ago. 

The difference is that Metroid has had more than one good game that came out like fifteen years ago and that Metroid actually fucking moves product*.

Seriously.  Starfox 64 is the only good thing about that series.

And what the fuck are you guys talking about?  There was a game after Prime 3?

*I don't actually know how well Metroid sells compared to Star Fox, I just wanted to say this because it sounded cool.  I would assume Metroid sells better since it is more commonly released, though.

Edited by Game & Wario
  • Thumbs Up 1

The difference is that Metroid has had more than one good game that came out like fifteen years ago and that Metroid actually fucking moves product.

Seriously.  Starfox 64 is the only good thing about that series.

And what the fuck are you guys talking about?  There was a game after Prime 3?

There was also the original Starfox on the SNES ya know, that was great as well. Heck even the unfinished unofficialy released Starfox 2 was good, its only the modern that wasnt

• Thumbs Up 1

>Starfox SNES

>Good

I like my games to play at more than 10 frames per second thanks.

Assault was okay though. It could have done with 100% less Krystal, but that's about it.

Edited by y cant solkia crawl

I couldn't get past Assault's terrible voice acting and weird, slow-feeling gameplay to enjoy it.

>Starfox SNES

>Good

I like my games to play at more than 10 frames per second thanks.

Assault was okay though. It could have done with 100% less Krystal, but that's about it.

I've played it on an actual SNES worked fine for me, and enjoyed it quite a bit, and it was a polygonal based spacer on the a SNES, now thats somewhat impressive

I could argue the semantics about how "impressive" it is, but I'll save that for another time.