Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 - Smashing into June 11 [E3 Direct: 7 AM PT / Dev Interviews: 12 PM PT]

Carbo

I just hope they show off a lot of Super Mario U. It'd be cool if the game was more like SMG2 where we get exploration based levels mixed in with some linear ones.

And they better use the Super Mario Orchestra for it.

But other than that, I can't wait to see SSB4 and MK8. I wonder if they'll show some gameplay of Yarn Yoshi and WW HD?

• Thumbs Up 1

Everything that North America is getting this year will be on show; Pikmin 3 & WW HD for sure, along with whatever it is they'll be making their 'big' end of year games - SM 3D etc.

I just hope they sneak a surprise reveal or two in there as well. I like nice surprises. I don't like knowing everything in advance.

It's going to be nice having a WiiU by the end of this year.

Which should make up for how useless it's been since I beat Nintendoland.

Direct in a nutshell -

Hello, by now you're deep into Animal Crossing New Leaf which released earlier this week and has already surpased 5 million units world wide.. but there are other things on the 3DS to keep you busy during summer (Mario games)

By now you've heard we won't be holding a Nintendo Press conference @ this years E3.. but we are happy to announce to you today about these new titles (insert everything but Star Fox / F-Zero)

Those excited about Pikmin 3 will be glad to hear it'll be out before the end of the year.

We hope you're enjoying the year of Luigi, here's some more Luigi action heading you're way (Mario games)

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

Also, it's been over 10 years since Metroid Prime came out. I'll give you this time to feel old and cry.

*assumes the fetal position*

Yikes. Yeah we need to get the Metroid Series back in its feet.

• Thumbs Up 2

Do you know what game they need to release....besides a star fox game.

FALCON-PUNCH-mapware3640-31563450-600-48

A game based off of this! Real talk. That would sell like hotcakes with crack.

The difference is that Metroid has had more than one good game that came out like fifteen years ago and that Metroid actually fucking moves product*.

Seriously.  Starfox 64 is the only good thing about that series.

Your shoddy logic is just a poorly veiled "I don't give a fuck about Star Fox so Nintendo should bin it" statement. I don't give a fuck about the Prime series (2D is where Metroid shines) or the Legend of Zelda the way most gamers do. I care about F-Zero and Star Fox more than any other series made by Nintendo. The last F-Zero wasn't a bad game so why the hell haven't we seen a new one?

Assault wasn't a bad game. In fact, I think that Assault should be the foundation a brand new Wii U Star Fox game is built off of. Just because Command was a crock of shit doesn't mean that the series should just end. If we're going with that logic then the Sonic series should have died over a decade ago with Heroes.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 5

Your shoddy logic is just a poorly veiled "I don't give a fuck about Star Fox so Nintendo should bin it" statement. I don't give a fuck about the Prime series (2D is where Metroid shines) or the Legend of Zelda the way most gamers do. I care about F-Zero and Star Fox more than any other series made by Nintendo.

Assault wasn't a bad game. In fact, I think that Assault should be the foundation a brand new Wii U Star Fox game is built off of. Just because Command was a crock of shit doesn't mean that the series should just end. If we're going with that logic then the Sonic series should have died over a decade ago with Heroes.

So your response to my "I don't give a shit about Star Fox" is basically "I don't give a shit about things you like but I'm the one doing it so I'm right"?

Assault sucked.  Command sucked.  Adventures sucked.

Sonic at least as the virtue of having a fair number of good games.  Star Fox has maybe two.

Edited by Game & Wario

Can you imagine if the Samus in SSB is the one from Metroid Other M, with the same voice actress. *shot*

I'm personally hoping we see a new Kirby game! There have been rumours of a new Kirby on 3DS, but we'll have to see. However, a new Metroid or F-Zero game would be cool. =]

So your response to my "I don't give a shit about Star Fox" is basically "I don't give a shit about things you like but I'm the one doing it so I'm right"?

Assault sucked.  Command sucked.  Adventures sucked.

Sonic at least as the virtue of having a fair number of good games.  Star Fox has maybe two.

I'm saying that everyone is different and just because you don't see merit in a series' continuation doesn't mean that others don't.

If a new Star Fox game or F-Zero game was a Wii U launch title I would have bought it day one.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm saying that everyone is different and just because you don't see merit in a series' continuation doesn't mean that others don't.

If a new Star Fox game was a Wii U launch title I would have bought it day one.

Never said that others didn't, but I don't give many fucks about them.

Can you imagine if the Samus in SSB is the one from Metroid Other M, with the same voice actress. *shot*

In SSB4, Samus is a giant walking beauty mark with a single thumb that points towards the ground.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've actually been super scared of this.  Sakamoto's claimed that Other M Samus is "the right one", so we may very well be getting submissive, daddy-issues, block of wood Samus.

Although I've heard that Sakamoto's getting quite a bit of shit for Other M's reception, so maybe there's hope yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've actually been super scared of this.  Sakamoto's claimed that Other M Samus is "the right one", so we may very well be getting submissive, daddy-issues, block of wood Samus.

Although I've heard that Sakamoto's getting quite a bit of shit for Other M's reception, so maybe there's hope yet.

metroid-other-m-thumbs-down.jpg

I thought she looked good. Honestly.. I thought the problem was with the story.

• Thumbs Up 2

metroid-other-m-thumbs-down.jpg

I thought she looked good. Honestly.. I thought the problem was with the story.

She looked a li'l too plastic and that mole was totally unnecessary/out of nowhere.

Plus there's always the general rule of character design that a character's personality is interpreted by their design and...... yeah.

THAT design doesn't have the best personality attached to it.

Just make Other M's Samus at least a foot taller and I wouldn't have much to complain about. It's not like she's had a very consistent appearance anyway; there's not a whole lot there to get wrong.

The thing I'm actually worried about seeing again is the Other M version of the Zero Suit. Not that that was particularly dignified anyway, but the goofy heels took it from moderately pandering to a complete joke. Where do those even go when she puts on the Power Suit?

The thing I'm actually worried about seeing again is the Other M version of the Zero Suit. Not that that was particularly dignified anyway, but the goofy heels took it from moderately pandering to a complete joke. Where do those even go when she puts on the Power Suit?

They dissolve like Sakamoto and Team Ninja's boners when Samus puts her armor back on.

Which is why it fell off so much in Other M.  The whole game is just pandering to Japanese boys, which is why every girl wears high heels and Samus's personality is completely overhauled to be that of the "perfect woman" in the eyes of the standard Japanese male; submissive, emotional, feminine...even though 2/3 of those Samus has never once been shown to be before.

Anyway, Other M's look isn't what I'm worried about (although the fucking suit looked like it was made of LEGO plastic and was disgustingly colored), it's that her personality is going to carry over.

Imagine her cocky, "You're mine." and etc. being replaced with "DADDY!" or "Baby..." or "AM I AUTHORIZED TO WIN, ADAM?!".  

Fucking Sakamoto.

Edited by Game & Wario

I'll be able to join the SSMB party for this one, as it falls the day after my wife's Birthday :D Really hope we get a new Star Fox game and see more of Bayonetta 2. Looking forward to the already planned Super Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda and Super Smash Bros stuff, too. As Patticus said, some surprises would be nice, as well. 

• Thumbs Up 2

The same place where Sonic puts his rings.

Imagine her cocky, "You're mine." and etc. being replaced with "DADDY!" or "Baby..." or "AM I AUTHORIZED TO WIN, ADAM?!".  

Fucking Sakamoto.

Yeah exactly.

Even if SSB4 has the best dream roster in the history of earth, the whole game will be ruined if they do that to Samus :'l I don't wanna think about that possibility. (I dunno, Samus is important to me so it would REALLY not sit well with me every time I fought her etc. I'm sure Sakurai knows what he's doing though, remember what game with amazing characterisation he directed?

Palutena, Viridi, Phosphora, Pandora, heck even "Gaol", Sakurai has written some of the least problematic ladies I've seen in modern gaming.

DO NOT FRET, FELLOW SSMBIANS

Edited by SuperLink

Not to mention Brawl had an entire stage from Metroid Prime as well as Meta Ridley. Sakurai must like Metroid Prime quite a bit, I wouldn't be surprised if he were to include aspects from Metroid Prime 3, including trophies of the hunters from that game.

Strange that Sakurai loves the classic games so much but apparently hates Prime; out of all three games he picked the first area of the first game, plus he gets a few trophies wrong, if I remember correctly.

This has led to rumors that he doesn't care for Prime and only played the first one up to the Parasite Queen and gave up.  TELL ME that Skytown wouldn't have been the coolest fucking stage ever.

Not to mention Brawl had an entire stage from Metroid Prime as well as Meta Ridley. Sakurai must like Metroid Prime quite a bit, I wouldn't be surprised if he were to include aspects from Metroid Prime 3, including trophies of the hunters from that game.

Thought it was funny how much our posts contradict each other XD

The Parasite Queen is pretty iconic, it's something that everyone who's heard of Metroid Prime has seen at one point.

The Parasite Queen is pretty iconic, it's something that everyone who's heard of Metroid Prime has seen at one point.

It is...?  Must've missed that memo.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even if it is the Other M Samus, isn't Donte in PSBR a lot better than the actual Donte in DmC?

Edited by PSI Aqua