Awoo.

SEGA’s Super Sonic Raceway Experience "Oh Lord, Why is Sonic, in a Mercedes Benz?"

Badnik Mechanic

Okay, some of you might have already seen Barry's

I've had a look into it and tried to find out as much as I can, only theres very little. Sega didn't announce it, and it's not even on the Benz World website.

The only things I've been able to find are one or two tid bits on the Mirrors article and one random blog.

After meeting the SEGA team, Amber and her friend went to get their faces painted whilst Jacob played cars with the 'Sonic & Knuckles Meccano Chemical Plant Racing Playset'. It gave me a chance to look at the wide range of 'Sonic the Hedgehog products now available in the 2013 product catalogue. There's everything from plush toys to bedding, t-shirts to personalised cakes and even a Sonic bike - Sonic's come a long way since I remember playing the original game on my Mega Drive in the early 1990's

Our Super Sonic afternoon came to a close with a Medal Ceremony for all the children where the received a certificate, medal and goodie bag to remind them of their racing experience and Sissel Henno head of brand marketing at SEGA Europe thanked us for coming! ...no problem, anytime!

And from the blog. Well... theres not much details at all, however there are a couple of photos from the event. Though nothing too exciting.

The mirror however did post this image.

sonicproducts-1905154.jpg

As well as a few other interesting bits including confirmation that there will be a Sonic bike! ... .. .. oh god... a Sonic Cycle!

TSS Article: http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/05/segas-super-sonic-raceway-experience-at-mercedes-benz-world/

Anyone heard about this or have a clue as to what it was?

• Thumbs Up 1

sonicproducts1905154.jpg

As usual, only the best quality plushes for Sonic.

Is it just me or does Tails look like a serial killer?

Tails plush is ready to evolve! He evoles into....Tails Doll!

• Thumbs Up 1

Someone who went to the event (lady whose blog I linked to) has been in touch.

Hello and thank you for linking to my post. I was invited to this event- it was a media event to showcase the latest range of Sonic products (some pretty cool stuff in there). The piece in the Mirror pretty much covers it all. The only extra bit was that children over 150cm tall were allowed to drive a real car, which is a service they offer at Mercedes Benz World. I think the PR had hired the place for the event, it’s not like Sonic’s going to start driving a Merc.

Let me know if you want any more info, happy to put you in touch with the PR.

So it was an invite only event to showcase various products.

Found some more info out about this... It happened on May 11th... yeah thats been kept VERY quiet hasn't it.

There is one very interesting thing.

Sonic-event-1-1024x768.jpg

You see the top right? Those books? They would be the Sega Europe Sonic product guides for 2013. It would contain information such as release dates and even price guides for nearly every Sonic product for 2013.

http://www.kidzcoolit.com/reviews/sega-sonic-the-hedgehog-raceway-experience.php