Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

The deadly six invades green hill, sonic runs them off, i guess they can fly? (look at the end of trailer)
Sonic and tails go chase them and find the lost world.

That's how i see it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe SEGA thought the whole world was in Australia or Japan today?

I for one welcome Australian Japan day.

• Thumbs Up 6

Hogfather originally made the image, so you'd have to consult him.

So he's the one I buy hype tickets from...? OK, will do. :-p

Can you guys not see?

*long post*

....nah. I think this would be a better fit though.

sonic_the_hedgehog_5_genesis_by_xamoel-d

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd like to remind everyone that the parkour and wall running elements means that the amount of different paths you can take is probably dramatically increased. Since there's no boost I imagine the exploration aspect will be a lot better too.

This looks linear, but I don't think it'll be nearly as linear as Sonic Unleashed-Generations.

It'll prolly have more alt paths than Adventure games too.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 5

B-but we don't even know if Knuckles is in the game! D=

Is sonic running in his figure 8? really liked that running style i hope they brought it back.(still kinda looks like classic sonic's generation running style) the game play is really cool, it looks like speed is a reward again (tails almost confirmed?).

Edited by Babymario26
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyone else digging the Super Peel Out Running animation?

• Thumbs Up 9

Kinda late on this (the joys of being on a tablet): While we can disagree on the enjoyment gained from multiple characters, I don't understand the lack of empathy over the issue. The characters have fans who naturally like them, so clearly they want to see them and play as them. They also have potential to contribute both to narrative and gameplay by way of their unique qualities. Sure, we don't need them, but fuck, we don't need 3D either if Colors' success is anything to go by. It's not about necessity; it's about enjoyment.

• Thumbs Up 5

Anyone else digging the Super Peel Out Running animation?

SO MUCH.

Just like a week or two ago I was lamenting how they don't stylize his running animation anymore.

This is definitely not my ideal Sonic game but there's a lot that seems almost as if it were made for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

3wMhQCI.png

my picture's worth 1,000 words, babes

Edited by Cola

uFIyzDG.jpg

Not too concerned about linearity yet. As pointed out by a forumer on Retro, if you look slightly to the right of the main path you can see springs that obviously rocket you elsewhere. Hopefully that will remain the case later in the game, and will lead to even more paths in later levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, actually. I do think it's wrong for Sonic games to only have one playable character. That's because the whole reason multiple playable characters were removed in the first place was due to knee jerk reactions to unfinished and generally mediocre games. No one has ever said or even vaguely implied that multiple playable characters inherently make a game better. That's bullshit. It's something people want to see because people want to see it.

The Sonic series isn't something that I care about just because of Sonic himself. I like a lot of the other characters. I want them to be playable. If time and effort is actually put into them then they can do nothing but enhance the experience. Why is this suddenly a bad thing?

Why is this suddenly something that people don't want and don't care about?

TRUE SAWNIK FANS SAY YOU ARE WRONG!

You do get my joke, right?

... I... I need a job... so... I can get a Wii U... O_O

3Ds version better NOT be Dimped! >.>

3ds trailer, plz Sega?

Seriously though, this looks AWESOME! O_O

and yep, I DEFIANTLY see the throwback to the X-Treme concepts...

I just want to play as a not-shitty version of Tails again. I always found him fun to use whereas I honestly don't feel that much toward Sonic himself. It's like how everyone wants to play as Luigi over Mario in the 3D games.

• Thumbs Up 4

I just want to play as a not-shitty version of Tails again.

I just want to play as a character that isn't a blatant Sonic clone with two tails(gameplay wise). Honestly, if they just gave Sonic the wallrunning ability and gave Tails, Knuckles, or whoever something different and unique, I'd be cool. 

Was that trailer all Wii U or did it include 3DS footage?

All Wii U.

3DS would probably have some sort of border around it. And, y'know, not be HD.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's obviously all Wii U footage, though hopefully we'll get a 3DS trailer soon. And HOPEFULLY the 3DS version will be a good standalone game which is not made by Dimps.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wo-how, Sega!  That looks pretty fucking cool.  I'm getting tons of Galaxy vibes from this, which is even better.

Look like Sonic Team's thinking outside the box with this one.  Good on ya, mates.  Looking at the way Sonic plays, I could very easily see Tails or Knuckles, or, hell, even Amy in his place, which is something I couldn't say about Generations or, really, even Colors.

If Sonic Team doesn't screw the pooch somehow, I could see this being that game that really pulls Sonic out of the murky puddle '06 and the others put him in.

• Thumbs Up 3

If we get Solo Sonic again, I don't mind, since Sonic's my favorite character, but it sucks for fans of the other characters, though.

Just the Wii U version.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by Tomoki

I'm surprised that no one compared the game to Sonic Heroes yet. All the levels will be on top of a bottomless pit (not that it'll be easy to fall into that cough).

Yes, actually. I do think it's wrong for Sonic games to only have one playable character. That's because the whole reason multiple playable characters were removed in the first place was due to knee jerk reactions to unfinished and generally mediocre games. No one has ever said or even vaguely implied that multiple playable characters inherently make a game better. That's bullshit. It's something people want to see because people want to see it.

The Sonic series isn't something that I care about just because of Sonic himself. I like a lot of the other characters. I want them to be playable. If time and effort is actually put into them then they can do nothing but enhance the experience. Why is this suddenly a bad thing?

Why is this suddenly something that people don't want and don't care about?

I agree mostly.

Removing characters from the game to stay on the safe side was a decent move from SEGA back then when they clearly had no idea how to design a game and needed to start from basics again, but now they're just still playing it safe because they think people hate the characters themselves and not the shitty mechanics that came with them. I pray that someday SEGA realise why people liked playing as Tails and Knuckles in the first place, and hopefully the feedback they got from S4Ep2 (people wanted to play as Tails alone or leading) and Sonic 1 Taxman edition have given SEGA a better idea of what people like out of playable characters.

I wouldn't count Tails and Knuckles out of this. I don't think it's too likely, but I think it's more likely than Generations because they seem perfect for this environment.