Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

I...uh... I like it?.... no..... I don't know!

Looking at Sonic move, this is literally, literally, quite so literally, EVERYTHING I could've asked for!

Parkour movement! Wallrunning! Ledge grabbing! Fluid, Flowing, Acrobatic movement! All the shit I've been rambling on this forum for Sega to do in a Sonic game, I swear I must've accidentally wished on a shooting star once, because this is literally a dream come true. It even looks like they're doing that manual jumping on enemies thing too! For the first time, like, ever, I can say that the gameplay is everything I've ever wanted!

So WHY do I feel so let down!

The gameplay looks perfect, but what is with the level design? This Sonic-Xtreme-Galaxy thing is just.... no... I don't like it. Not only does it make the whole thing look small and linear, but it also kills any idea of an expansive and organic environment, and ironically, despite all the slopes, everything still looks incredibly blocky.

Oh, and the art design, you had it down to a T in Generations, now your scaling the cartoon factor to the extreme and making everything look plastic and oversimplified.

Dammit, I WANT to believe this will turn out better than what I'm expecting, but I just don't feel it. I'm trying my damnedest to be optimistic, but I can't help but feel that Sonic Team once again got one aspect right, and completely messed up the other.

Edited by Rusty Spy
  • Thumbs Up 6

It's obviously all Wii U footage, though hopefully we'll get a 3DS trailer soon. And HOPEFULLY the 3DS version will be a good standalone game which is not made by Dimps.

I need to watch it again. I wasn't completely sure if they were going absolutely wow us in the graphics department.

Please no Dimps!

Edited by Mark1

Can we use the 1st level excuse because I doubt that this is all we are getting with the entire game. I expecting some crazy shit with later levels.

• Thumbs Up 2

Am I really the only one who thinks Gens and Unleashed still visually looks better than this game? Sure this game has the colors and art. But nothing really stands out. It's like Colours but in HD.

• Thumbs Up 7

I doubt the gameplay's resemblance to Sonic Xtreme is a coincidence, they brought it back! 

Which is... interesting, I'm a bit uncertain.

It seems the animation style is also little different to say, Unleashed, colors and generations as well, slightly more rubbery, it strikes me as a bit odd sometimes actually,but that's me being used to those games I suppose

Some things that i noticed

-bell using the question mark Sound in sonic hero's(Could be a place holder) im guessing the new checkpoint?

-Falling terrain

-Old enemies from Sonic CD 

-Spindash looks like its a reward (right now)

-Rings follow sonic... kinda like boost?

-It looks like if your going fast enough you can vault over things and not come to a complete stop.

Even though we don't see boost i think its still there, which isnt a bad thing (for me atleast) i like boosting.

On phone, gonna make it quick; Im interested. It's definelty different, but I'll wait to see if that's a good or bad thing in the upcoming months. But Sega have definelty piqued my interest and Im curious to where they'll go with this. Just for the love of god don't fuck up.

From GAF:

ijCzZkhPJUYrg.jpg

Wisp and a Red Ring

I'm okay with this. I wonder if the announcer'll come back...

Red Rings were an obvious addition but Wisps? Huh. Not sure how I feel about that, assuming that isn't just some obscured background detail. I enjoyed them but I'd rather have the game focusing on new things.

-bell using the question mark Sound in sonic hero's(Could be a place holder) im guessing the new checkpoint?

Ah, I think someone else pointed out that the usual checkpoint is seen at one point in the trailer. Is it really the question mark sound, though? Maybe it's the new hint system? That'd be cool, although a bell seems random.

@Wisps

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Not sure how I feel about this.  I'd rather this game do its own thing.

Or you know, no things at all.

Watching the trailer again I like what I see. The classic aesthetics feel more natural in 3D than they did in Heroes or Generations, sort of like how Mario does things. I can see the cylinder gameplay being pretty fun, kind of reminds me of some levels in in F-Zero GX where you're speeding along a pipe, trying to maintain pace so you won't get knocked off. I'm wondering if gravity will play a part in this game. I'm not really minding the linearity as long as it is not reliant on twitchy, memorization based reflexes like with Unleashed. And with that new 3D Mario in development, it would be great if for once we can have a Sonic and a Mario game that are both killer apps for the system.

• Thumbs Up 1

I need to watch it again. I wasn't completely sure if they were going absolutely wow us in the graphics department.

Please no Dimps!

Ok I have to defend Dimps once more.

I'm gonna give the same replay I did on Retro.

"The rush/rush adventure games were good because they weren't tie-ins. Colors (was ok.. not as good as the rush series) and Generations were rushed jobs as tie-ins for the console counterparts. Honestly, I blame SEGA and only SEGA for the portable games we've been getting lately because those portable versions have no where near the development time as the console counterparts. They basically tell DIMPS "you have 6 months to work on this game, chop chop". Major reason Generations for 3DS was disappointing.

Hopefully the 3DS game this time around is better. "

Don't blame Dimps, blame SEGA. It wouldn't matter who was developing the game if they're not being given a decent amount of time for development.

Edited by RGX
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hm...

eNUm819.png

I dunno, could be a laser wisp in a capsule, could be any number of things.

It looks like the Cyan wisp is actually painted onto that bell. Maybe striking the bell enables some special Wisp-like power-ups, just like the Power TVs and Capsules of old.

Guys... what if they brought whisp back for other characters? Sonic just needs rings to boost, but the other characters would use wisp for boost and other stuff. What im trying to say is different characters would use wisp in a different way.

Wisps- like any other power-up- would be a fine addition to this gameplay style if they're not just keys for simple puzzles and replacements of your main abilities. They shouldn't be overtly obvious; have Drill spin contraptions or Laser heat things up.

• Thumbs Up 6

Ah, I think someone else pointed out that the usual checkpoint is seen at one point in the trailer.

Yeah there are definitely regular checkpoints: BEy4TXP.png
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hm...

eNUm819.png

I dunno, could be a laser wisp in a capsule, could be any number of things.

The exact shape and color is literally the same as the Cyan wisps, I highly doubt it's something else

• Thumbs Up 1

Wisps have appeared in every Main Series game since Colours. Maybe they're the "New thing". Probably not. And if it's all the wisps, not just the laser, without the boost, what's the White Wisp going to do?