Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

iDmCT7odEBCeE.jpg

Spot the laser crystals? Laser was in the capsule...

I saw the laser crystals as well, but I though they were pieces of the destroyed badniks flying away, some weird ass flowers, or even something that will fill the new Sonic's moves meter, kinda like the yellow diamonds from Unleashed. But yeah, Wisps are back.

Edited by Jango

I like what I see so far, but some of those enemy chains worry me a bit. Not completely sure what to think of the art style, but so far, in general, it looks okay.

Hopefully the Wisps are far better implemented than they were in Colours then.

• Thumbs Up 3

I imagine the Wisps will play a smaller role in this game, both in gameplay and story aspects. I'd imagine they would have received more exposure in the trailer considering the amount of fans that Colours has.

The Wisps could actually work in this kind of level design assuming they're not going to do the lazy block-level design. A select few of the powers would work really well in a Super Mario Galaxy-type world, especially Laser, Drill and Spike. The latter might seem a tad redundant considering Sonic's new abilities though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hopefully the Wisps are far better implemented than they were in Colours then.

Or Generations HD to be precise.

Eh, if Yoshi can show up outside of Dinosaur Land, the Wisps can show up off Planet Wisp.

If you're going to bring Wisps back then they better not be anything like they are in Colors or Generations.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 2

If the game doesn't have knuckles and tails playable (I REALLY wish it would though, and have them play like they did in 3&K, but in 3D of course), I'd at least like to see a Wii U DLC that gives us them as playable characters that play like their 3&K counterparts

Wow, I didn't see that coming. On the one hand, it looks really exciting, with the crazy level design, wall running and possibly even the spindash making a comeback. On the other... I'm not sure I like the art direction or the enemies. I thought that Generations nailed the aesthetics and badniks and hoped to see more of that. Colours, for example, look way too saturated, while Generations' Green Hill is a lot easier on the eyes.

• Thumbs Up 3

Mannnnn, they can bring wisps back, wisps and flickies, chilin' like villains, that's a-ok with me y'all. This whole thing has me really chill but I'm surprised no one has made any reference to the "highway in the sky" thing, albeit justified by the X-treme level design. All in all, glad to see such promising stuff, and also I reached my quota of positive votes for the day.

Sooo ahhh...guys....

Where is Inferno?

nothing ever changes...

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 2

What if the guardians turn out to be the wisps evil brothers/counterpart or something like that?...

Edited by Jango

Urrrrrrrrrgggggggggg it's been well established in SU vs SC how I feel about Wisps.  They could totally reinvent them but those laser crystals don't fill me with confidence.

First red flag this game has given me so far, but we'll see how it goes.

Wisps have appeared in every Main Series game since Colours. Maybe they're the "New thing". Probably not.

Really don't think Generations counts.

No Eggman? That's one thing I picked up. I guess they're pushing "the deadly six" thing.

Really don't think Generations counts.

If not, then they still have... (And my comment was more in jest than anything...)

I'm hoping (and thinking) Wisps will be used sparingly and mostly used for taking alt paths and stuff. They have really good potential, but in Colours and esp. Gens they were forced and clumsy. I rarely ever got to use laser in Colours because it was awkward.

I dunno, I just can't get myself hyped for this. The aesthetic design is there and Sonic's moveset looks great. But, at the same time, the level design looks boring, and I'm really not a fan of it. And where the FUCK are my Colors badniks?

Honestly, this feels like a regression rather than a progression. Classic Tornado? Return of animal friends? GHZ-expy? A lot of those things are nice, but the game as a whole doesn't look as grand as previous entries. 

Let's hope I'm wrong.

• Thumbs Up 3

No Eggman? That's one thing I picked up. I guess they're pushing "the deadly six" thing.

Or he could be revealed to be the actual villain.

It's funny how some fans say that the series needs more permanent villains, yet when we finally get some new ones, there will be people clamoring for Eggman.

Though I still do like Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 2

Unless they've hijacked the badniks, I'm sure Eggman will play a role.

no eggman? oh come on guys, this is just the first trailer.

maybe eggman is the 7th guardian, the guy who is behind all this.

also I think this is just the general sega trailer music. even the first generations trailers had that kind of music..

the gameplay looks pretty interesting. have to play it myself though. gamescom can't come soon enough...O:

Urrrrrrrrrgggggggggg it's been well established in SU vs SC how I feel about Wisps.  They could totally reinvent them but those laser crystals don't fill me with confidence.   First red flag this game has given me so far, but we'll see how it goes.
Wait, those things are laser crystals? But they're not even Cyan; they're Royal Blue! ;~; Maybe they're a collectible for something else?... No seriously, I really dont want tradtional Wisps. They're just so underwhelming.

Or he could be revealed to be the actual villain.

It's funny how some fans say that the series needs more permanent villains, yet when we finally get some new ones, there will be people clamoring for Eggman.

Though I still do like Eggman.

Not to say I was clamouring for Eggman, just something I noticed.

Mmm, I'm really not sure if I like this or not. The idea is neat, I'll give it that, by and as many have said it's like a Galaxy x Sonic X-treme hybrid so it's really not that original. 

Also, my fears have been confirmed, this looks like a Mario game to me. Just look at it; look at the level elements. Notice that when Sonic runs up the wall there is, I kid you not, a cut-out of a bush there! The only thing I see missing is that the clouds don't have eyes. It just doesn't feel like a Sonic level to me. It looks fake, like some kids tinker-toy block with astroturf tossed over it for grass. Also, as many of you have already said, the guardians Do Not Fit In! Their design is so drastically different its like they're from another game completely. 

Finally it like this game is meant to make you motion sick. So many turns, the after-image Sonics (which by the way I hate because they looks like glitches to me). Overall, I'm just not that impressed. I'll give it a chance though because it could still be a real fun game to play. It just has bad art design IMO.

Edited by Rally the Cheetah