Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

I'm kinda worried about this as well. I mean, the new movesets just look downright brilliant and look like they'd be incredibly fun to pull off, but at the same time, the cylindrical structure of the level also makes me feel like movement would feel kind of constrained.

Yeah as if that's anything new.

Ugh, I really hate the art direction for this game. So far from the nice, crisp and clear screens...this still looks so unappealing to me. I hate being so pessimistic over a Sonic title, but here I am finding myself more underwhelmed the more I look at it and the tube world design I don't think will ever grow on me.

Edited by Meow

No thank you.

What's wrong with that approach? I mean yeah it detracts from the gameplay a little, but it wouldn't kill the experience.

Anyway, overall the game looks fun. It definitely something new to the series, which is always welcome! The level design looks interesting, but I'm gonna have to see more from it. It has lots of different routes and ways to play(ie wisps, wall running,yadayada) but it looks a little linear. Again, first level so hopefully I'm proven wrong. It looks like it's gonna take a little for me to get used to all the camera chances and tube like designs, but I'm sure once I get the hang of it, I'll have a blast!

Edited by Gonard

It looks, interesting to say the least. I'm happy to see that they have decided to try something a little different instead of going with the usual boost powered gameplay. I'm going to try not to judge too much from the trailer but so far, I'm still not totally sure how this game is going to play out and I'm not sure if this game is going to be any fun. It looks like it'll be alot more focused of precision and the level designs look very interesting to say the least. (On the other hand, I really wish they didn't decide to re-create Green Hill Zone. If they were going to re-create a level, couldn't they have chosen something they hadn't re-created before? =( ) I'm going to have to see more, hopefully there'll be alot to show at E3!

Great trailer, I have really high hopes for the changes made to the gameplay, I also have to say I really love how the Guardians turned out.     Also, has anybody else noticed the abundance of sheep in this stage?   vDOckgK.png  
It reminds me a bit of Spyro. Chasing sheep around and all.

*In the end of the trailer* "Sonic Lost World" Me: "Huh? I thought it is Mario game trailer..."
lol awesome #funny #swag
  • Thumbs Up 5

Is that a yellow panel or something on the ground below Sonic when he's climbing in the trailer at 0:58?

I'm really sick of playing as Sonic only...would it be so hard to add in at least Tails?

• Thumbs Up 2

Frankly, I still couldn't care less about Sonic still being the only playable character. As long as his gameplay is awesome, I'll still have a lovely time.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm really sick of playing as Sonic only...would it be so hard to add in at least Tails?

Honestly, they're doing something new and fun looking.

I consider Tails one of my favorite Sonic characters and have wanted him in a new 3D game since forever, but I'd be happier to see them make Sonic fun to play in a way that can actually be built off of. The game seems deliberately tailored to Sonic's new abilities- save Tails for some kind of sequel or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, they're doing something new and fun looking.

I consider Tails one of my favorite Sonic characters and have wanted him in a new 3D game since forever, but I'd be happier to see them make Sonic fun to play in a way that can actually be built off of. The game seems deliberately tailored to Sonic's new abilities- save Tails for some kind of sequel or something.

This was said by members of the community about the last 3 games, which all shared a gameplay formula that many in the fandom enjoyed, but by the third game we still didn't get to play as Sonic's friends.

• Thumbs Up 3

This was said by members of the community about the last 3 games, which all shared a gameplay formula that many in the fandom enjoyed, but by the third game we still didn't get to play as Sonic's friends.

Honestly, I don't think the last style was accommodating to anyone but Sonic. It was so simple and constrained, that abilities like Tails` flight would feel completely out of place. 

This style looks like it can accommodate more characters beside Sonic, and still help them stand out.

• Thumbs Up 3

I do like the inclusion of the classic Badniks. And having the old animal gang back, where the hell have they been for the last god knows how many years! It's like all new but with plenty of throw backs. Lovin the look. Even if the Badniks are rather simple and cartoony rather than detailed like Generations.

THOUGTS

-OH MY GOD THEY BROUGHT THE FLICKIES BACK!!!!!! 
-The gameplay looks a little different - a lot like Super Mario Galaxy.
Still it looks really cool

-That green girl is smexy. I can't wait for people to draw . . fan-art of her.

- It looks like it has a classic feel to it
- Glad to see it's not Boost-2-Win, eh guys?
-I hope the other characters make appearances
- The peel-out is back!
-That thing he did with his foot in the air bouncing from robot to robot looks weir -
Wait a minute, robots? Eggman's robots? that means Eggman will be in the game!?
-Looks like it has alot of replayability
-Did I mention how sexy that green girl looks? I can't wait for people to draw . . .fan art of her
- Those little pigs are the cutest things I ever did see
Edited by Fake Hedgehog

THOUGTS

-OH MY GOD THEY BROUGHT THE FLICKIES BACK!!!!!! redface.gif

-But the gameplay looks a little different - a lot like Super Mario Galaxy.

Still it looks really cool

-That green girl is smexy. I can't wait for people to draw . . .fan art of her

- It looks like it has a classic feel to it

- Glad to see it's not Boost-2-Win, eh guys?

-I hope the other characters make appearances

- The peel-out is back!

SonicCDSprite.jpg

-That thing he did with his foot in the air bouncing from robot to robot looks weir -

Wait a minute, robots? Eggman's robots? that means Eggman will be in the game!?

-Looks like it has alot of replayability

- Those little pigs are the cutest things I ever did see

Just so you know, in the reply box is you click the little eraser icon in the top left you can remove all the text formatting and have it look normal i.e. not have that weird white highlight.

That "foot thing" kinda looked like he was kicking the bots, like classic Sonic did to Metal after the boss fight in Generations?

• Thumbs Up 1

I've always been on the other side of the fence; I don't think the Unleashed formula left any room for other characters. It was all about going fast, boosting, split-second-reaction based gameplay that boiled down to a bunch of quick button presses rather than really manually controlling your character.

If they added Tails or Knuckles they'd have to change too much or make them clones.

[/late as fuq] Just saw it. I liek. The direction they're taking this is pretty interesting so far, can't wait to see more.

Also if they're getting rid of the Boost, I hope to see the Spin Dash return.

Edited by Inferno

Just noticed something

13180006.png

Yea, thank you for pointing this out because this is the first thing I thought, even before Mario Galaxy it looks like Sonic Xtreme. I'm honestly suprised more people aren't drawing the comparison. It's finally coming guys!

This game also looks very good. The stages look varied and interesting. The speed control trigger throttle they're adding for sonic sounds smart, and hopefully means that we'll have non jittery walking speeds for once, and the crew of six bosses is something they should have done ages ago. It looks great.

Probably the first time I've excited pre release for a sonic game since Shadow The Hedgehog

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably the first time I've excited pre release for a sonic game since Shadow The Hedgehog

That's a good omen!

• Thumbs Up 3

I dunno what to say anymore xDD Im super excited and worried at the same time. At first it just seemed like a mess, a clusterfuck of crazyness. But I do love the change of boost, classic enemies, classic boost pad, new abilities. I just hope those sudden changes of view are just for the trailer, to show off different angles, otherwise I cant see me enjoying such sudden changes of view, its confusing, but if you keep the new gameplay mechanics (that loop where the screen rotates with the way youre going), but let the change of views minimal, or restricted to stuff like jumping to a new area, then my worries are put to rest.