Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

I'm just loving the kick animation for Sonic when he homing attacks.  Looks so anime-ish...

Jeez, I don't think ill ever live to see you ever excited or at the very least not cynical for a Sonic game, lol.

Doncha know, one of my hobbies is hating Sonic games.  

Ok this game is weird, some of these changes seem mesmerising.  Now you too can stop and pull yourself up ledges if you want.  They've gotten rid of 3D backgrounds in favor of (this version of) Sonic's roots, floating splotches of ground in a skybox!  Am I making any sense?  

Yea, thank you for pointing this out because this is the first thing I thought, even before Mario Galaxy it looks like Sonic Xtreme. I'm honestly suprised more people aren't drawing the comparison. It's finally coming guys!

This game also looks very good. The stages look varied and interesting. The speed control trigger throttle they're adding for sonic sounds smart, and hopefully means that we'll have non jittery walking speeds for once, and the crew of six bosses is something they should have done ages ago. It looks great.

Probably the first time I've excited pre release for a sonic game since Shadow The Hedgehog

Thing is that I've seen a lot of these specific constructs in SMG.  I don't think the shifting screen and shifting gravity made it much past that sizzle reel.  I'm sure they're going to trot out the Xtreme comparisons in interviews and the like but that's clearly not the influence.  

And now I've read that interview, sure a run button can work but it's not an elegant solution to the problem and you're passing complexity on to the player.  Previous games didn't have clumsy slow movement controls because Sonic accelerated too fast, he had clumsy slow movement controls because he lost his ability to turn too fast, just like a switch flips and he can't really turn.  

I'm just loving the kick animation for Sonic when he homing attacks.  Looks so anime-ish...

I absoluely love the idea, but in the only bit where they showed it, it looked very "jumpy",  but we have yet to see it well enough, because it seemed to jump to the last bit of the animation and then to the next. But yeah, it does give an anime vibe.

so i made this comic to contribute and i'm too lazy to finish it

friends_____by_c_h_a_o_s_controller-d66y

ARE THEY THE FRIENDS OF THE WISPS? FIND OUT IN SONIC: LOST WORLD COMING SOMETIME THIS YEAR

• Thumbs Up 2

iDmCT7odEBCeE.jpg

Spot the laser crystals? Laser was in the capsule...

Sorry, I was too busy looking at the CUTE LITTLE ANIMALS!!

I'm probably alone in this, but I was so heartbroken when I first played the Generations demo only to find out that the Badniks had no animals inside that I told myself "Must be because it's just a demo, I am sure they will put it on the final version."

This shot with the animals is my "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" moment.

Edited by tenchibr

original.jpg

I must admit, this made me LOL pretty hard.

Oh if only this was the actual cover art :lol:

HAHAHAHA oh wow, turns out there is more influence from Xtreme than I thought: The villains come from one of the older story synopsis from when it was still called Sonic Saturn:

Skip to about 5 minutes for the relevant part.  

• Thumbs Up 9

Okay, Everything I want to say about this trailer has already been said so... let me say this.

THIS IS NOT GREEN HILL ZONE!!! IT IS JADE GULLY ZONE FROM SONIC X-TREME!

• Thumbs Up 1

HAHAHAHA oh wow, turns out there is more influence from Xtreme than I thought: The villains come from one of the older story synopsis from when it was still called Sonic Saturn:

"There are 6 bad guys" is not exactly a compelling connection...
  • Thumbs Up 1

"There are 6 bad guys" is not exactly a compelling connection...

It accounts for the badniks with no sign of Eggman, and it takes elements from later versions of the scrip such as every thing being warped.  

Well this was unexpected XD.

Took me a bit to warm up to it completely to be honest. Like I was still blown away at first glance of the trailer, but kept wondering the little things. Honestly though it looks great over all and really interested in trying this out. The tube style gameplay is a great middle man of bringing the "2D out of 3D" in the sense where it honestly feels like you're playing a 3D form of the 2D level design, but like with it's own twist. You can clearly see multiple paths and have many options, each on their own little paths and planes, however since it's in 3D of course you're free to mix and match these, giving all sorts of options when playing over and over again.

I'm reaaaally enjoying the monster things actually. They look really fun and characteristic (loving the borderline pinkish psychopath the most LOL), and really hope they add a lot of character to the game overall. The design of the entire game looks really cute, especially the badniks, they look like cute little toys homigosh.

So yeah, don't own a Wii U, but have been planning on getting on soon, and it's great to have yet another title to look forward to. You did good Sega, yes.

Yes you did.

42904__safe_rainbow-dash_rarity_animated

• Thumbs Up 4

It accounts for the badniks with no sign of Eggman, and it takes elements from later versions of the scrip such as every thing being warped.

Any number of things could be responsible for that.

The villains come from one of the older story synopsis from when it was still called Sonic Saturn:

Phos, if you've ever visited the Xtreme archive that Chris Senn keeps, the game had a number of stories including a spirit called Chaos who lived in the Master Emerald. I wouldn't be surprised if you're right.

I must admit I did think of the six shadowy creatures from the X-Treme script when I first saw their shadows. Little did I know how much this would end up looking like it >.<

Waluigi even reminds me of Mr Monster Guy from Sonic 1. The cartoony looking Badniks are kinda odd, is something changing them or is it simply the art style? It has gotten me very interested as to where they go with this game.

Wow, they really managed something. It's the first time in years that I don't see fans having mixed reactions to a reveal trailer.

And all those X-Treme similarities...

I love the whole level design BUT........ I just really really hope the levels arent mainly tubes..... I want flat surfaces too, to explore an such.

I must admit I did think of the six shadowy creatures from the X-Treme script when I first saw their shadows. Little did I know how much this would end up looking like it >.<

Waluigi even reminds me of Mr Monster Guy from Sonic 1. The cartoony looking Badniks are kinda odd, is something changing them or is it simply the art style? It has gotten me very interested as to where they go with this game.

Art style dude, that and it fits with Sonic cartoony vibe even more so.

Still, I'm hyped for this game. Especially cause we can unlock running animations.

UNLOCKING RUNNING ANIMATIONS..... Now we can all shut up and pick what we like! :D

Eggman is already confirmed in the game, from the IGN article.

Also... can we play this with the pro controller? I REALLLLY would like to have that as an option.

I'm just pumped for the super peel out/figure 8 looking running animation in a 3D game. Freeking awesome stuff.

As a side note, is this the info drop Sega mentioned or is theirs still happening tomorrow? I'm a little confused on that point.

Also... can we play this with the pro controller? I REALLLLY would like to have that as an option.

I hope so. Unleashed Wii/Colors Wii supports Gamecube and Classic Controller set ups.

Next thing you know the game doesn't have any of these CGI scenes and we are all trying to piece them together from promotional trailers and videos ala Generations >.<

Those monsters give me the same vive as the tikis from DKCR. I don't know what to say about this game aside from that it gives me a feeling I didn't get from any other hype, not even generations. Since it will clearly have 2D hopefully it will balance it as well as SMG so that 3D sections are still clearly dominant and it doesn't feel like a 2D game with some 3D thrown in. Totally can't wait for November.

I'm just hoping all the CGI done is actually in-game and stuff. 

*looking atchoo Gens*

Wii U disc holds 30GB and isn't being held back to 360's smaller format. Could possibly all fit on disc.