Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

Fuck, how the hell am I supposed to know which topic to post this in? I know people already pointed out the Red Ring in the trailer, but did anyone else notice the Gold Cannon yet?

cannono.jpg

There's a good quality, 720p version of the trailer on SEGA Press.

Edited by Blue Blood

Fuck, how the hell am I supposed to know which topic to post this in? I know people already pointed out the Red Ring in the trailer, but did anyone else notice the Gold Cannon yet?

There's a good quality, 720p version of the trailer on SEGA Press.

It was in the analysis video Woun posted, also IGN mentioned it in the interview with Iizuka I think.

It was in the analysis video Woun posted, also IGN mentioned it in the interview with Iizuka I think.

I know IGN mentioned it, just didn't think it had actually been spotted yet cause I didn't watch that analysis.

I know IGN mentioned it, just didn't think it had actually been spotted yet cause I didn't watch that analysis.

As far as I've seen, noone has mentioned it.

As far as I've seen, noone has mentioned it.

You just said IGN mentioned it. And like I said I know they did (quote below) I was just pointing out that you can catch a quick glimpse of it in the video.

And then there are more subtle things, such as the animation for Sonic’s running or the presence of Red Star Rings (collected for unlockable content) and gold cannons (which access hidden paths).

whose excited for competitive multiplayer!? I am!

If it's online for the Wii U version then I'll join in.

GameXPlain did a video on Lost World.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 3

If it's online for the Wii U version then I'll join in.

Dude, the thought of a SSMB Lost World Tournament sounds so sick!

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 5

whose excited for competitive multiplayer!? I am!

I call green Sonic.

Edited by The Sunheart
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dude, the thought of a SSMB Lost World Tournament sounds so sick!

Hopefully the game will have good Netcode and prevent players from flinging off stages like bumper cars when they collide... tongue.png

Edited by KrazyBean

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=31396&st=450&p=747115&#entry747115

Well holy fuck.

(thought I may as well post it here too as it was seen in the trailer)

... Whoa. Dude, that's... actually really awesome. o_O So Lost World has elements straight from X-Treme, including flowers and a story element.

THE PLOT THICKENS.

Edited by SKANKFUNK

... Whoa. Dude, that's... actually really awesome. o_O So Lost World has elements straight from X-Treme, including flowers and a story element.

THE PLOT THICKENS.

What's the story element?

I have to tell it, the first reaction in my mind was Sonic X-Treme! happy they finally gonna make a kinda game like this!

What's the story element?

According to this:

Dr. Robotnik stands facing the Master Chaos Emerald in the center of the room. All sorts of robotic arm contraptions are drilling and zapping the huge gemstones trying to tap its mysterious power. The flashes bottom-light Robotnik's face as he laughs like a triumphant maniac. After a few moments the Dr. notices something strange. Leaning closer, he looks curiously disturbed as the Master Emerald glitters and clouds within. Suddenly the gem explodes in a flash of light, hurling Robotnik back against the wall next to Knuckles and Tails. The dark room is lit by rapid pulses of black light as the three stare in awe. Cut to the Master Emerald spilling out loads of foggy smoke. Cut to Knuckles and Tails looking curiously at each other.

Out of the gemstone and into the mist glide small flickering lights almost like fireflies. Cut to Robotnik sprawled on the floor, propping himself up, looking exalted and a bit frightened by the spectacle. Six tall shadows materialize and loom large over the Dr., Knuckles and Tails. Truck-in to Robotnik's sweating, shocked look as the shadows draw in and "smother" him.

Just some strange similarities going on there. I'd say it's coincidental, but those flower textures...!

Edited by SKANKFUNK

So it's 100% safe to assume that Sonic Lost world is actually Sonic Xtreme? But with updated visuals (kinda), movesets and music.

If we can get Sonic X-Treme actually released, is there any way we can get a Hidden Palace in there somewhere? Just asking.

I like the look, I'm intrigued. It's a radical formula change for the series, I'm curious what the levels look like after the training wheels have been taken off in the early stages. I can't afford a next-Gen system yet, but I'll be getting a WiiU eventually and this is a big reason why.

Just uploading the trailer to the TSS youtube account. This has been downloaded from Segas Press Vault.

However, I doubt it'll look much better than whats already up since all they have are 'web optimised' trailers on it right now, just doing it so people will stop bugging me to upload it.

Going over the Press video...

kfM2TX5.png

Not sure if this was brought up before, but it's clear as day here (even if it's still compressed); the classic yellow springs are still here, in addition to the post-Adventure red springs.

wtSJX1n.png

Annnddd... that thing with the little red circle around it on the left. It's practically impossible to tell what it is, but it's definitely not a Wisp Capsule, and it has animated shiny effects going on around it... and the spring just in front of the tree likely just launches you straight into it. Maybe there's more than just Red Rings and Animal Friends to collect?

wtSJX1n.png

Annnddd... that thing with the little red circle around it on the left. It's practically impossible to tell what it is, but it's definitely not a Wisp Capsule, and it has animated shiny effects going on around it... and the spring just in front of the tree likely just launches you straight into it. Maybe there's more than just Red Rings and Animal Friends to collect?

I can see Sonic's face in it. Maybe the 1-Ups are inside capsules again.

Edited by Joshua

I can clearly see Sonic's face on it. Looks like the 1-Ups are inside capsules again.

Outside of capsules you mean. It's just a floating head ala Generations.

Outside of capsules you mean. It's just a floating head ala Generations.

On second glance, you're probably right. I looked at the yellowish-white circle above the head and interpreted that as a knob that secures a capsule.

Might be a 1up, if they're still using the same design as Generations. ...did they have shiny effects in Generations? It's been a while, I don't exactly remember.