Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

Okay, the upload has finished. it will play in 720p (might have to watch on youtube).

It does look a little better than the IGN upload, however, thats not saying much.

They did sparkle, but they were a light blue to match the 'aura' surrounding the head. Seems to be yellow or green here, but maybe that's just part of the Hedgehog Engine adapting the lighting to more objects...

... are they really still going to use that Classic Sonic 1-UP head?

,.. are they really still going to use that Classic Sonic 1-UP head?

It's basically the Sonic Team logo.

I am even more excited with this online multiplayer thing! I am gonna have a good time competing against others online. Sweet!

I call green Sonic.

Then I call yellow Sonic.

*sees 562 replies to this topic that only started yesterday* Wow, am I late to the party or what?! I knew about the trailer's release via various members telling me about it in response to my latest status update. I didn't want to look at it last night as I didn't want to get hyped up right before bedtime, as I had to work early the next morning. I'm glad I waited.

That trailer was amazing! Talk about being hyped! It just looked great, and I just love this particular screenshot of the trailer:

Lgf7muv.jpg?1

I think it's rather cute seeing how the animals moved behind Sonic when he came flipping and flying onto the scene. Guess they picked up that Sonic is a protector of some sorts and he would protect them from the Deadly Six. happy.png

Overall, everything looks great in this trailer, and it's got me very much excited! The art style is interesting, bright and colorful; I like it a lot! The gameplay looks like it's going to be a lot of fun! If this debut trailer got me this excited for Sonic Lost World, I can only imagine how my hype is going to increase in the days, weeks and months ahead when we get more info, more trailers and more gameplay. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 6

whose excited for competitive multiplayer!? I am!

Wait... where did this come up? o___O DONT GET ME EXCITED WITHOUT PROOF, PROOF I SAY!

Edited by chirf

It does have multiplayer, we just aren't sure if it isn't online.

Please God...

The multi-player is obviously Sonic/Eggman Co-op mode. Eggman also has the new moves like Sonic and the improved Colour Powers. Think about it guys, what else could it be?!

The multi-player is obviously Sonic/Eggman Co-op mode. Eggman also has the new moves like Sonic and the improved Colour Powers. Think about it guys, what else could it be?!

Now that I think of it maybe other characters will be playable, just through mutilplayer!

On one hand, I'm disappointed that Robotnik isn't playable.

On the other hand, we get to hear all of his wacky hi-jinks and berating from the Wii-U pad, which would probably also be part of Eggman's interface communicator. Awesome.

Then again if there is multiplayer, perhaps...

OH GOD PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEASE LET THIS HAPPEN. DLC IT IF YOU MUST. I WILL HAVE YOUR LOVE PUPPIES IF YOU DO, SEGA.

Man, it'd be a long shot but I'd love for them to put Shadow in this game for multiplayer...

...Just to see how they could possibly make him work in this type of environment. Cartoony Shadow would be good Shadow.

Edited by Xenos

It has multiplayer competitive modes, and it has online. We just don't know if it has online multiplayer competitive modes or just online leaderboards. The WiiU is stronger than the Wii so it surely has the power to handle any more complex platformer netcode, but platformers in general tend to be tougher to pull off online in general and even moreso when you add gravity changes to the mix I'm sure. Then again, there are many ways they could pull it off with less strain, keeping track purely of the player's position and animations, where things like players phasing through enemies that were desynced might not matter in a race. Alternatively, such a mode may have multiplayer-only race maps that are built purely out of objects that don't need complex syncing techniques.

I'm not getting my hopes up for online multiplayer instead of split screen, but unlike previous games with more complex graphic styles that struggle to stay at 30 FPS or are on systsems that rarely have online platformer games I'm leaving some room for possibility in my mind.

I will just remind you all that bringing back the wisps should require a story explanation because you know.. They disappeared along with their planets. And this is not even Sonic's world, so ther eshould be an explanation of why exactly they are there.

I like the Wisps returning but ONLY if they explain how they wound up being there and elaborate on that.

Not only that but they need to explain why the hell is Eggman back. he was trapped for eternity with his past self in a void with no tech around him. how the hell did he get out?!

Not only that but they need to explain why the hell is Eggman back. he was trapped for eternity with his past self in a void with no tech around him. how the hell did he get out?!

A Wizard did it.

• Thumbs Up 8

Well he had to get out somehow, there was on indication that the past was changed once Sonic and friends were back in the past. As for whether or not they'll explain it, it could really go either way. They might continue what Generations did, having the previous game's ending lead into the next game in some way.

A Wizard did it.

I seriously hope they don't pull that kind of bullshit. and these new-ish writers have been doing a good job so far in keeping their own little continuity since Colors.

I seriously hope they don't pull that kind of bullshit. and these new-ish writers have been doing a good job so far in keeping their own little continuity since Colors.

I don't really think its something that needs elaborating on; he was there, now he's not. Keep in mind continuity has never been really strong in this series. ever.

It isn't necessary, but it wouldn't hurt to at least have a throwaway line about how he got out, even if it's as simple as Orbot and Cubot getting him out somehow.

I don't really think its something that needs elaborating on; he was there, now he's not. Keep in mind continuity has never been really strong in this series. ever.

No it does considering they pretty much wrote Eggman into a corner. I'd like to see how he got out/how the writers are going to get him out of this one.

They won't.

The Robotnik in Lost World is actually the seventh guardian in disguise and not the real one.

Robotnik never left white space.

• Thumbs Up 2

Are you asking for this series to be consistent for once?