Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

GameXPlain did a video on Lost World.

Oh huh, I guess that's confirmation on the wisp then. Probably dumb, but I'd honestly love to have whatever power up you collect show up on the gamepad's screen all super big and stuffs so it kinda makes your Wii U controller look like a big classic powerup monitor, and then just touching the screen (I'd be inclined to punch it D:) would activate the effect.

Other than that though, would be cool to have the Miles Electric thing back from Unleashed, since that was basically a giant Wii U controller, XD.

psst sega, make a miles electric themed wii u gamepad plz

• Thumbs Up 4

When it comes to the Wisps, all I'm hoping for is the announcer to return. (Okay, I guess giving them more uses would be cool, too. :V) Hearing "LASER!" again would be a the perfect moment.

Of course, knowing my luck at least one reviewer of Colours said "ew the announcer sucks" and SEGA's gonna be like "okay Sonic Team, no announcer" and I will be sad forever.

Edited by Celestia

I think the deadly six will be voiced, infact I think you can hear the Pink one kinda go "eh!" Pr something when Sonic Spindashes past him in the trailer

With how much character is in their appearance, I find it hard visualizing them without voices. They seem like the type that they each have their really defined personalities when they go to taunt and talk to you in cutscenes or something. Pink looks like a psychopath that gets frustrated easily when you have the upper hand, old dude with the cane probably thinks you aren't worth his time/wise, Green chick talks in a soothing seducing voice, Red is probably a standard big bad guy trope personality, and Yellow is a big moron who's hardest to kill.

I mean that's what I get from just looking at them, I'm sure everyone has their own interpretations. But that said, to gather that much just from some looks, grunts, and slight animation, really tells me that they will probably definitely speak. I just don't see scenes working out where Sonic and Tails go "Woah hey buddy, whatcha doin' with that big yellow planet-face thing and my animal pals?!" just to have them respond with "Ugnnnnnrawr rawr rawr" and expect to get any cohesive story going XD.

Again, could totally be wrong, but I just can't wrap my head around them not speaking. Really hope the Pink one is batshit insane though, I love him to bits already XD.

• Thumbs Up 7

Again, could totally be wrong, but I just can't wrap my head around them not speaking. Really hope the Pink one is batshit insane though, I love him to bits already XD.

"Batshit insane" is the exact impression I got from just his silhouette. He's clearly got a strong personality. My only worry regarding him is that he looks like he'll be the boss for the first zone, which would be a massive let down if that means he doesn't appear for much of the game.

"Batshit insane" is the exact impression I got from just his silhouette. He's clearly got a strong personality. My only worry regarding him is that he looks like he'll be the boss for the first zone, which would be a massive let down if that means he doesn't appear for much of the game.

Wouldn't it be a cool idea if once you defeat the first - deadly six - boss, that the creature you beat (be it 'batshit insane' pink or whatever) then joins the second creature in the next world. So in the next world Sonic will have a boss battle with two of the deadly six attacking him. Then in the next world he would fight three of the deadly six, then four, five etc. In the final boss Sonic would then take on all of the deadly six (and hopefully Eggman for good measure).

Edited by -Clara Oswald-
  • Thumbs Up 3

I know that Black Knight made it so you could fight Lancelot (Shadow) again in a second, harder battle a long way into the game after the much easier first, and more introductory, boss battle, so there's definitely a precedent there. Sega could always add a second run of harder boss battles, a type of boss rush or even a hard mode.

They should really...REALLY get Kenny James (Bowser's VA) to voice Reddy.

Edited by Ham-Sellin' Wario

This is me grasping at straws once again, but I just found more resemblances with another game:

Mega_Man_-_NES_-_Stage_Select.png

Coincidence? Yeah, probably. But damn convenient:

- Cross-over comic event going on;

- LW is not a reboot like '06 tried to be, but it will definitely feel like one with its semi-new gameplay;

- Uh, six bad guys?

You know, it wouldn't be the first time in a Sonic game that Sonic has to fight already defeated bosses in the final level (S4:Ep. I did that), but it would be cool to have them comeback in a final showdown:

- They are aliens, we know that already! They had to come in a spaceship, right? Make that their Megazord and throw all six in there, and add Power Rangers references for the lol's;

- Sonic doesn't need his own suit, he has Super Sonic, although...;

- If Tails joined the battle with one, that would be awesome.

Again, this me just grasping at straws. Imagination running wild this morning.

I realize that in this game its pretty likely to be only down to art direction. But one thing that always irks the hell out of me is how third party publishers really don't try 98% of the time with Nintendo. The Wii was a prime example.

Was more powerful than the original Xbox which was the most powerful of its gen. And yet next to no one pushed the Wii's potential as far as that minus Ninty themselves with the likes of Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword etc. Sega being the exception with a few other high end games like Xenoblade etc. Everyone else put half assed party poop or real basic games on there that half the time could have been flash based if you didn't know better.

I just hope the same doesn't happen with the Wii U. There's some good ones coming out now, and E3 is sure to show some great ones, especially from Nintendo themselves. But I hope once the other two consoles release the other 3rd party's don't go back to this "eww Nintendo is so last gen" mentality.

Basically what I'm getting at is the PS2 and Xbox were fine when they were around, and the games were stunning, yet a good deal of publishers couldn't be bothered with Wii even tho they could create just as good if not better games on there as they did for PS2 and Xbox. And again PS3 and 360 have been brilliant and had damn awesome games, and the same quality product could be made for Wii U yet all they seem to want to do is port older games over and once the new consoles are out I fear that many publishers won't bother anymore, especially if they can't port it over to Wii U.

(Sure they did downgraded ports for PSX from arcade perfect Saturn games in the day, and downgraded PS2 ports from Xbox and Gamecube and it was fine and dandy then, but now apparently its not possible for Nintendos systems....but that's another gripe altogether)

Sonic Lost World at least shows that Sega is still willing to be one of the good guys and support Nintendo by creating new games for the system, and regardless of art direction, show that the Wii U can be used for more than just ports or party game dumps.

I think it's been suggested before that releasing cheaper to develop Wii games may have assisted with the more costly 360/PS3 games. I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me that Colours earned more money than it cost compared to Generations, and the two had relative parity with each other on a radically different set of systems, It's a shame that so many developers saw it as an excuse to throw out a "test" game or two, receive good sales and then shit over the console.

But this is probably a discussion better suited for a Nintendo thread, so I digress...