Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Debut Trailer

Carbo

Also judging from the techno-ish music, I guess this pretty much confirms Cash Cash is back once again.

The music's Cinema by Benny Benassi.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well DAMN my predictions were off. Especially with Slumpy (or Slumpette now, I guess), Not!Bowser, Grimace and The Girl (or She-Go/Terra, I guess).

Also, if the black pants weren't enough, the Badniks practically scream it - Eggman's behind it.

Agreed. I'm willing to bet a pretty penny that Eggman was using those guardians to capture Flickies, as that seemed to be what they were trying to do before Sonic intervened.

How he got them to work for him is another story. If they truly are guardians, he could have done anything from brainwash them to tell them he can save their planet.

It's lovely to see how Sonic looks more and more like the way it should throug the years. After generations and its silly representations of the more SERIOUS era, i'm glad to see more colorful shit. This game is indeed like many said, giving a lot of sonic xtreme vibes. But yeah also mario galaxy, which i dont really care about tbh. It looks glorious.

Edited by Djawed
  • Thumbs Up 1

The dark times are nowadays, when nothing makes sense.

We know next to nothing concerning the mythos of the "Lost World", motives of the new enemies, and what the plot entails in general. It's a bit too soon to write this off as nonsense, especially by comparing the plausibility of a overly colourful new planet inhabited by small animals to a giant space station with a mustache cannon inhabited by mutated water-pet creatures.

Calling it now. Its the "Lost World" of Sonic X-Treme.

beat you too it :P

I expected more from the game. And I see mario-time. I don't know, but for me, this game is not very much.

:'(((((((((((((((((

I WANT LIKE A SONIC COLORS, WAWAWAWAW

Edited by Woun

Also judging from the techno-ish music, I guess this pretty much confirms Cash Cash is back once again.

Uhh I dunno about that. All sonic games lately have had non game related "trailer" music in them. I think its simply a random pick

So... are we still going to call the new baddies "guardians"? Or "the Deadly Six" (or even just "the Six"), as they seem to be officially named?

The impressions of the average gamer from outside the Sonic fandom should be pretty interesting.

Most non-fans are made up of people who still think Sonic hasn't been good since the "Genesis days", so I'd love to see what they think of this because it looks about as Genesis as 3D Sonic can get.

I know I've said this before but, looks like pinball/momentum based physics and jumping to me!

I have absolutely no idea where you're getting that from, especially from that one image.

Calling it now. Its the "Lost World" of Sonic X-Treme. With Nintendo's help Sega decided to revive concepts from Sonic X-Treme and put them in an actual game. That sounds pretty cool actually.

...BUT I STILL DON'T LIKE THOSE "GUARDIANS."

I hope there's a good explanation for them.

They're silly alien cartoon monsters or some shit, what more do ya need explained?

So... are we still going to call the new baddies "guardians"? Or "the Deadly Six" (or even just "the Six"), as they seem to be officially named?

The Maine 6 of course!!

Wait...

• Thumbs Up 8

I wonder how many lame Super Sonic Galaxy/Mario jokes it'll take for me to lose my shit.

OH MY GOD I HAVEN'T BEEN THIS HYPED FOR A SONIC GAME FOR YEARS!

That was much, much better than I expected, like seriously, that was incredible! Ticked every single box but the playable Tails and Knuckles one, and you know what? I don't even care. :'D

• Thumbs Up 1

The impressions of the average gamer from outside the Sonic fandom should be pretty interesting.

Most non-fans are made up of people who still think Sonic hasn't been good since the "Genesis days", so I'd love to see what they think of this because it looks about as Genesis as 3D Sonic can get.

Surely you mean it looks about as Saturn as 3D Sonic can get.

Ohohohohohoho

Xtreme jokes ftw

• Thumbs Up 4

Because a video game series about a talking blue hedgehog that looks nothing like a hedgehog fighting a fat man and his robots has always made perfect sense. I'm having trouble thinking of when the series DID make sense.

Adventure games made sence, they had some A-B-C story. Where's GUN for example?

Before Unleashed it somehow were making me to like hedgehog, and fat man, and robots. Now it's Chupa-Chups commercial. Hell, I can't find satisfying design not only in Sonic, but in any of modern games and movies. Tron may be...

You mean like when an anthromorphic hedgehog was rescuing tiny animals from a fat mad scientist that wore red and yellow, and always had a big grin? tongue.png

I know, bro! It's this beautiful clusterfuck of fun and wackiness! It's awesome.

How doesn't this makes sense to you? Last I check, he is still a blue talking hedgehog that runs really fast destroying robots.

No, he's more like fat blue hedgie-girl with Rarity's smile.

Edited by crystallize

I expected more from the game. And I see mario-time. I don't know, but for me, this game is not very much.

Considering a lot of people said Sonic Colors was also "Mario-time" I really don't see the problem Woun.

I think it is time to called them the Deadly Six, event though probably they are going to "guard" something.

I have absolutely no idea where you're getting that from, especially from that one image.

it's not just that but the whole trailer, the jumping gave off the idea of being largely influenced by the speed and angle of the jump, and the running too.

I feel pretty good about that hypothesis.

Looks amazing but one thing worries me. It looks a bit like Sonic is running forward on his own (like in Secret Rings and 06 mach speed sections). It could also be that they finally implemented momentum based bouncing physics and whatnot which would be amazing. And to be fair Sonic trailers have always been pretty much just about showing off Sonic's speed so maybe I'm just getting worried over nothing. :P

Did anyone else notice that Sonic has a couple (or at least two) different running animations?

they'll still say it sucks

to say otherwise would imply sonic has changed for the better which we can't have

...How does this look like a Mario game? And of course we haven't seen much, it's a teaser trailer.

Edited by Felix

Seriously, from what I saw, I wouldn't be surprised if we have Tails and Knuckles as playable characters. They'll fit PERFECTLY with this gameplay style, and no boost makes implementing them even easier.

• Thumbs Up 3

We know next to nothing concerning the mythos of the "Lost World", motives of the new enemies, and what the plot entails in general. It's a bit too soon to write this off as nonsense, especially by comparing the plausibility of a overly colourful new planet inhabited by small animals to a giant space station with a mustache cannon inhabited by mutated water-pet creatures.

OH GUUYS...

"What are we going to do on a bed?"

Considering a lot of people said Sonic Colors was also "Mario-time" I really don't see the problem Woun.

I think it is time to called them the Deadly Six, event though probably they are going to "guard" something.

Sonic Colors style looks so much better, because. :"(

Well I admit defeat, Waluigi really had an open mouth and not a dognose.

Anyways, thoughts

- I can't quite understand what's going on, gameplay-wise; possibly a result of headaches. Looks fun though.

- Also looks very X-Treme

- Also Also looks very SM Galaxy, but in the sense that the level is a random obstacle course with a backdrop, which doesn't please me

- what's the point of a ledge grab if sonic can jump

- Nice wall running though

- Seems they merged boost and spindash.

- Lovely Deadly Six designs.

EDIT: Oh, and anyone expecting much plot- the first focus of the trailer were the Sonic 1 animals. Show me a game that focuses on them and has much of a plot.

Edited by Captain Harlock
  • Thumbs Up 1

...How does this look like a Mario game? And of course we haven't seen much, it's a teaser trailer.

Just... Look closely and you'll see Super Mario Galaxy. 

Edited by Woun