Awoo.

S.L.W. Screenshots (P. 54) "Grammar Errors? This game is a sequel to Sonic's Schoolhouse!?"

Badnik Mechanic

The IGN article named two levels: Wind Hill and Desert Ruins. Desert Ruins first act seems to be a throwback to Sweet Mountain:

Aesthetic ideas are now more free, ranging from the more idyllic, grassy settings of Wind Hill to something like Desert Ruins 1, which consists of cakes, cookies, donuts and all manners of candy. And just to throw a curveball, Desert Ruins 2 drops the sweets theme entirely, and features an entirely different gameplay style, opting for the ‘tunnel racing’ concept that Sonic games have used for decades.

It also says that Sonic can curl into a ball while running by holding one of the triggers, giving him momentum speed!

Edited by Jango

holy crap this game is sounding better and better all the time.

Would you guys say IGN's article is mostly positive?

Aesthetic ideas are now more free, ranging from the more idyllic, grassy settings of Wind Hill to something like Desert Ruins 1, which consists of cakes, cookies, donuts and all manners of candy. And just to throw a curveball, Desert Ruins 2 drops the sweets theme entirely, and features an entirely different gameplay style, opting for the ‘tunnel racing’ concept that Sonic games have used for decades. Of course, all of this works within Sonic’s typical level designs, which feature a wide range of branching paths and exploration options.

Quoted from that IGN article.  Those caught my eye, and pretty much are all pleasing.

Also:

He walks – until you use one of the GamePad’s triggers to engage his running speed.

Dat dere Dio idea becoming a reality ¦3

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 4

Really liking how the 3DS version is coming along as well.

Hopefully we'll be able to get our hands on a playable demo from the eShop this summer.

Edited by canderson

28013soniclostworld3dstoprgbv23jpg-50e22

Also, female Catakiller confirmed.

She's huge and female, I'm thinking it might be a queen. Considering the distance this Caterkiller Queen might use some sort of gunfire or dangerous liquid like turpentine to attack you given what is below. Though, given the ground is destructible there, it might try and blow it up with some kind of dynamite, maybe shooting at it with a laser beam?

Either way, these two games seem guaranteed to blow your mind... every time.

It says Sonic is the only playable, but Tails, Knux, Amy and Eggman will be in.

Oh man :/

Yeah I just read that.  Bit of a shame but it will still be nice to see them properly story relevant again....

Hopefully....

Maybe....

...Still my overall impressions after that article are definitely more positive.

Nooo :c 

I mean I expected it, but sigh.. I wish they'd at least make Tails and Knuckles playable ;-;

Well, If I can't get the WiiU version anytime soon, I SURE AS HELL WILL BE PICKING THE 3DS ONE!biggrin.png

The Motobug designs are starting to look more appealing. Although both this and the generations version were cute!

Edited by Gonard

Is this from the Wii U or 3DS version? It looks identical to the first 3DS screen we saw.

Are they trying to make both games identical in terms of design?

Wii U.

That 3DS "screenshot" was probably just a mockup.

I knew it looked too good to be 3DS...

Wii U.

That 3DS "screenshot" was probably just a mockup.

I knew it looked too good to be 3DS...

Ah thanks.

I'm really hoping both games can stand up on their own without the 3DS version being a copy or watered down version. I am a bit worried that, even though it looks great, it'll just be identical to the Wii U version but with less content.

I love the badnik designs in this game. Even if the game ends up being terrible, it looks like it;ll go down in history for having the best badniks since the original trilogy :)

This game looks absolutely beautiful...even better than Sonic Unleashed IMO, and would you look at that, the 3DS version actually looks amazing too!

Yep, I'm buying both versions without a doubt!

Gorgeous. Just absolutely gorgeous. I'd go so far as to say it's the most beautiful looking Sonic game to date.

Those images, especially the top one... I can't quite put my finger on it, but something just looks really "wrong" about them. Maybe it's the white line speed effect, or those weird puffs of... clouds (?) behind him, and in the bottom one that cartoonish hit effect on the badnik. Something just feels/looks really off about the graphics.

Ok... I can't stand it anymore.

What exactly is it, about this image.... that makes me want to add a caption... and possible speech bubbles... Just... what is it!?

Am I the only one? Theres just something about this that is crying out for it to be used in some kind of caption competition.

Maybe it's the fact that Sonic is clearly going full speed, yet demon mushu is out running him whilst carrying a moon?

Demon: "You're too slow!"

Sonic: "Hey! That's my line!"

What exactly is it, about this image.... that makes me want to add a caption... and possible speech bubbles... Just... what is it!?

Am I the only one? Theres just something about this that is crying out for it to be used in some kind of caption competition.

Maybe it's the fact that Sonic is clearly going full speed, yet demon mushu is out running him whilst carrying a moon?

TSS Lost World Caption Contest?

Fund it.

• Thumbs Up 7

donkeykong_070712a-l.jpg

Something about how Sonic's been in another game where it happened reguarly?

This game kind of reminds me of Rayman Origin in one sense: it finally looks like a living, breathing cartoon. I think this art direction suits Sonic perfectly.

For once, the gameplay visuals look more pleasing than the CGI.

• Thumbs Up 5

This game kind of reminds me of Rayman Origin in one sense: it finally looks like a living, breathing cartoon. I think this art direction suits Sonic perfectly.

I much preferred the "photorealism" of Generations and Unleashed, but everyone has different tastes I guess.

• Thumbs Up 4