Awoo.

S.L.W. Screenshots (P. 54) "Grammar Errors? This game is a sequel to Sonic's Schoolhouse!?"

Badnik Mechanic

215px-Rainbow_Mario_-_Super_Mario_Galaxy

Hmmm

I can't be the only one thinking Sonic Advance 2 instead can I?

• Thumbs Up 3

I can't be the only one thinking Sonic Advance 2 instead can I?

No, but the comparison to Galaxy 1 and 2 makes more sense.

So far, this is the only fanart of the Deadly Six so far.

blue_and_green___idk_by_ss2sonic-d670d6w

Wh...but I just found this piece!

36020916.png

Just raiding the Sega press vault, will have unwatermarked screenshots up in a moment.

So far, this is the only fanart of the Dead Six with clothes on. So far.

And even then they've still given her masstive bewbs that she doesnt actually have.

Soooo by looking at the few screenshots, it's safe to assume that the hedgehog engine is not being used? 

Soooo by looking at the few screenshots, it's safe to assume that the hedgehog engine is not being used? 

which is odd i was under thee impression that the Wii U could hand it

New 3DS screenshot:

28015soniclostworld3dstoprgbv25.jpg

<insert "reaach foor dem starrs pun*>

• Thumbs Up 2

What's with those stars behind him? They just look so... out of place.

They seem out of place but during gameplay, it'll make a lot more sense.

What's with those stars behind him? They just look so... out of place.

The stars are just there to signify that he's doing parkour/actions when holding the run button.

What's this?

2hintbubble.png

A question mark icon which displays hints. It just seems to be turned at an awkward angle.

A question mark icon which displays hints. It just seems to be turned at an awkward angle.

0gTJgil.png

I don't know, it looks a bit like a 2 to me. Though, I guess a question mark hint would make more sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gotta admit, I've never been a handheld gamer, but that 3DS version is looking really nice.  I was planning on getting a 3DS for a few other games, so it looks like I can add another to that list.  Still plan on getting a WiiU as well for this and few others as well, too.

Wait those sparkles and that star, as if there weren't enough SMG comparisons to be made...

Sure is a good thing SMG is widely-touted as one of the greatest games ever made and generally considered the best platformer of all time, because Sonic taking cues from shit like Devil May Cry and Halo weren't really getting him anywhere.

• Thumbs Up 8

lostgenerationsworldcom.jpg

There's also that weird and totally out of place thing (I don't know what it's called. It's the white slightly transparent thing that looks like an explosion) underneath Sonic. I can honestly see that getting pretty distracting during gameplay, along with the pink and blue stars and the white puffs of cloud that seem to appear whenever Sonic runs.

The highly detailed backgrounds of Generations may not affect gameplay but they definitely enhance the overall experience, otherwise we wouldn't have backgrounds at all. Yeah, gameplay is king but we can't pretend that visuals don't play a part in bringing the experience to life. I'm currently focusing on visuals because when watching a trailer or (especially) looking at screenshots, graphics are my first (or even only) impression of the game. I can say "the gameplay looks like it might be cool", but since I'm not actually playing it I don't have enough info to focus on it.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 5