Awoo.

Sonic Lost World - Previews

Carbo

FUCK!

28021soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12

I just realised this game is actually running at 720p! Look at how smooth those screenshots are! Generations and Unleashed ran at much, much lower resolutions on the 360 and PS3. 720p is fucking great! I didn't except that.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 6

I just can't believe I've never thought about this before. One trigger for super speed, another trigger for rolling. 

It's perfect.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's like they've been stalking our forums

Eh, I'll believe that when Sonic actually says, "Meh," at some point in the game.

• Thumbs Up 9

FUCK!

I just realised this game is actually running at 720p! Look at how smooth those screenshots are! Generations and Unleashed ran at much, much lower resolutions on the 360 and PS3. 720p is fucking great! I didn't except that.

I'd expect that to be bumped upto native 1080p. I'm pretty sure the Wii U is capable of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

With all of the current information about this game, I have no complaints. Sonic's controlling sounds great, the levels sound cool, and overall, I don't see anything I really don't like.

You know those screens which have Sonic blurring? Maybe that's the effect when you press/hold the speed trigger. Maybe doing so is also the way in which you activate Sonic's parkour?

FUCK!

Yeah, being built as an exclusive pretty much guarantees the game will run in a native 720p as opposed to previous Sonic games which ran at sub-native. On console this is easily going to look far better than Generations and Unleashed did.

I'd expect that to be bumped upto native 1080p. I'm pretty sure the Wii U is capable of it.

Very few games actually run in a native 1080p. It being 720p can actually spell good things for the framerate, it might just run on a solid 60.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hold up, how do we know we're getting classic physics anyway? Ball form doesn't indicate classic physics and this may not even be a game designed around them, this may just be similar to the boost but downplaye, only for certain sections and levels heavier on this sort of thing as indicated in the article.

Yeah I'm not even considering that it'll be actual classic-style rolling, from the sound of it it's more like the boost with a spinning animation.

Still tho'

biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 9

Not to happy about the wisps coming back....or Sonic being the only playable character. Sigh, oh well.

• Thumbs Up 1

FUCK!

Now let's hope for 60fps in a console sonic game

• Thumbs Up 2

Sooo it's safe to say, drifting is gone?

And who's to say that double trigger (ball mode) isn't just sonic moving at top speed via ball mode boost? 

Literally just noticed that Sonic's jumping kick sends enemies flying, while all his jumping and Homing Attacks in the trailer just bop them in place.

Does his parkour trigger do this in midair, while the rolling trigger does the Homing Attack?

Like everything I've read, apart from Sonic being the only playable character again :(

Yeah, being built as an exclusive pretty much guarantees the game will run in a native 720p as opposed to previous Sonic games which ran at sub-native. On console this is easily going to look far better than Generations and Unleashed did.Very few games actually run in a native 1080p. It being 720p can actually spell good things for the framerate, it might just run on a solid 60.
Well hot damn, color me excited. I never even cared about graphics before, but this game looks friggin gorgeous. So colorful.

Do people still think the graphics look bad? I mean I don't notice much, but I wanna know what the consensus is.

Yeah, being built as an exclusive pretty much guarantees the game will run in a native 720p as opposed to previous Sonic games which ran at sub-native. On console this is easily going to look far better than Generations and Unleashed did.

It's just that all my expectations...

All the cynicism I've built up over the last 11 years...

Every ounce of disdain I've held for Sonic Team...

Absolutely all of it is on the verge of being obliterated. This game really could be something remarkable. From what we've seen today it's got the potential to reinvigorate this stagnating franchise, and really help to sell the Wii U.

Please don't let me down now, SEGA. 

• Thumbs Up 8

Do people still think the graphics look bad? I mean I don't notice much, but I wanna know what the consensus is.

The lighting is pretty flat, if I'm being honest here

It's just that all my expectations...

All the cynicism I've built up over the last 11 years...

Every ounce of disdain I've held for Sonic Team...

Absolutely all of it is on the verge of being obliterated. This game really could be something remarkable. From what we've seen today it's got the potential to reinvigorate this stagnating franchise, and really help to sell the Wii U.

Please don't let me down now, SEGA. 

Steady yourself, there's a long way to go!

Eh, I'll believe that when Sonic actually says, "Meh," at some point in the game.

Tails:"Sonic! The Guardians have destroyed all you love!"

Sonic:"Meh"

Tails:"INCLUDING CHILLI DOGS!"

Sonic"What the fuck you just say?!"

Tails:"The chilli dogs Sonic. They're all gone!"

Sonic:"This shit just got serious"

shit-just-got-real.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic doesn’t burst off with a tilt of the analog stick. He walks – until you use one of the GamePad’s triggers to engage his running speed. This too is actually not full speed. Holding down the second trigger will pull Sonic into a ball, giving him access to his full momentum, which Iizuka likened to the ‘Boost speed’ from previous titles.

Based on established context in the quote, it sounds like to me Ball Form is basically the Boost Mode repackaged and repurposed. But I'm curious: his Parkour mode is basically like Zelda auto-jumping, right; in that if you run towards specified obstacles he starts doing all fancy-schmancy tricks? Sounds exciting; I'm curious as to whether or not this will truly be momentum-based, or how they're going to base later level design around it. How much can he really interact with his environment? <3

Like everything I've read, apart from Sonic being the only playable character again sad.png

You and me both. But at least some of these peeps are confirmed for the story. That's something, right?............ :3

With the Homing Attack, and that fancy kick-pose essentially serving the same purpose for hitting enemies, maybe one of those attacks is assigned to one speed mode, and the other is assigned to another?

Like, the Homing Attack is used for the basic speed mode, without either trigger pressed. It offers greater control, you can lock onto the enemies, and it instantly destroys the badniks due to the focusing the Homing Attack to hit them. But, if Sonic is in that 2nd tier of speed, that Homing Attack is changed to that kick attack? The speed Sonic is going would transfer into the attack, which justifies them flying back a ways instead of being destroyed instantly, and can be used to defeat enemies and hit switches out of Sonic's reach, but at the cost of a loss of control in the attack due to the speed Sonic's going?

Great, now I've hyped myself up for wanting that in the game when it might not be the case. XD Still, interesting thought.

You and me both. But at least some of these peeps are confirmed for the story. That's something, right?............ :3

I'm just glad Eggman's in. Couldn't care less for the others, UNLESS, they were playable. But just for story? Meh.

Edited by Jango

So the levels we know of so far are Wind Hill and Desert Ruins?