Awoo.

Futurama Discussion Topic

TheOcelot

Futurama is a great show, the new episodes have been rather bad but I still get a little bit of a kick out of them. I really enjoy the characters, Bender is my favourite too! I wish Futurama was real sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

Good-News3.jpg

It's the best news....well second best. I mean the best news would be that another network has picked up

the show. I live in hope. Anyway the good news is that Season 6 gets it's Region 2 (UK etc) DVD and Blu-ray release tomorrow on 24 June.

Season 6 features the following episodes:

81A%2BHSSJhmL._SL1500_.jpg

Neutopia

Benderama

Ghost in the Machines

Law and Oracle

The Silence of the Clamps

Yo Leela Leela

All the Presidents' Heads

Mobius Dick

Fry am the Egg Man

The Tip of the Zoidberg

Cold Warriors

Overclockwise

Reincarnation

I have pre-ordered my copy from Amazon.co.uk and I am looking forward to watching this series.

Here's hoping that Season 7 & 8 get a quick Region 2 release.

Here is a Comic-con table read of part of the episode Benderama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Jj28sIfVw

Edited by -BenderClank-

In your first post you said the Professor is Fry's Uncle when it's the other way around. The Professor is Fry's great great to the nth degree Nephew.

I love this show! It's amazing. It's the greatest animated sitcom on TV right now, imo. The writing is fantastic, the characters are all likable, and there are some episodes that can really pull on your heartstrings. (The episode about Fry's old dog, for example) It's sad to see this show end after all these years, but I hope it at least ends on a high note.

Edited by Tomoki
  • Thumbs Up 1

In your first post you said the Professor is Fry's Uncle when it's the other way around. The Professor is Fry's great great to the nth degree Nephew.

I love this show! It's amazing. It's the greatest animated sitcom on TV right now, imo. The writing is fantastic, the characters are all likable, and there are some episodes that can really pull on your heartstrings. (The episode about Fry's old dog, for example) It's sad to see this show end after all these years, but I hope it at least ends on a high note.

Oops my bad. I've fixed the OP. Apparently Fry is Professor Farnsworth's Great (x30) Uncle.

Yeah the episode with Fry's dog called Seymour (Jurassic Bark) was nice. I also like the episode where Leela meets her real parents and finds out she is a mutant (and not an alien).   

Edited by Metal Gear -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

It was lovely, but short.

I liked the episode before it better, though. I mean, a character who's constantly hated for just being himself gets something, finally.

I thought it was kind of abrupt and it felt like going out with a whimper

but then they strongly imply that time was reset to Decemeber 31 1999 and then it's fucking so sad and I loved it and don't dare tell me that's not how it happens

but then they strongly imply that time was reset to Decemeber 31 1999 and then it's fucking so sad and I loved it and don't dare tell me that's not how it happens

What? It didn't imply that time was reset to that date, it blatantly said it would be reset to the time before the 10 second time warp device was first activated which would had been resetting it to the start of the episode.

It meant Fry wouldn't had been able to do what he did during the entire episode, that they would be young and penniless again.

It was ten seconds before the professor ever got the idea to create the button, which makes it entirely possible that time reset that far

also shut up that's what happened

It was ten seconds before the professor ever got the idea to create the button, which makes it entirely possible that time reset that far

also shut up that's what happened

But he wasn't alive in 1999, not to mention Leela and Fry would have had to start from square one and that's no fuuuun.

Great show, great characters, great writing, great voice acting, and Great Music. Everything about this show is so great and that's what makes it so good. I've loved this show for years and I'l never stop loving it.

Favorite Character: Bender

Favorite Episode: Law&Oracle

Favorite quote: "Prepare for a Suprise attack!!!"

I'm never in any mind not to watch an episode of this show(unless I saw it moments ago)and it doesn't ever make me hate a character which is why I enjoy watching most episodes. Sad to see it end, but if it had to end I'm glad that the finale we got was a good episode all in all.

• 10 months later...

Apologies for bumping my Futurama topic.

The seventh season of Futurama gets it's Region 2 (UK etc) dvd & Blu-Ray release this month on 21st.

OIc8DRk.gif

I've not seen any of Season 7's episodes so I'm looking forward to it.

This series contains the following episodes:

The Bots and the Bees

A Farewell to Arms

Decision 3012

The Thief of Baghead

Zapp Dingbat

The Butterjunk Effect

The Six Million Dollar Mon

Fun on a Bun

Free Will Hunting

Near-Death Wish

31st Century Fox

Viva Mars Vegas

Naturama

Are these episodes any good?

Now we just need to wait for Season 8 to come out in the UK...............................hurry up already !!! biggrin.png

In other news.............School project of Bender from ‘Futurama’ shuts down Metro-North for two hours after bomb scare 

bender-gif.gif

You bumped this topic for reasons other than to say that Futurama has been uncancelled? For shame.

• Thumbs Up 3

They should just do a true end movie for theaters and call it a day. Last season was sorta disappointing