Awoo.

Speederino's Story Corner

Speederino

Ladies. Gentlemen. By clicking on this topic, you have entered another world. It is filled with the surreal, the odd, the abstract…it is like another dimension where your wildest imaginations come true.

Actually it’s not, I just wasn’t sure how to start off this thread. Okay, so I’m something of a writer in my spare time (admittedly not as often as I should be) and I would really love to share my work with other people. Given that this subforum is dedicated to such things, I figure I may as well give this a shot. A couple things I feel like I need to cover:

First, I don’t write Sonic fanfiction. In fact, I have literally nothing on my plate right now that could be considered fanfiction of any sort. As such, I come into this fully understanding that this might not be most people’s cup of tea. These are worlds and characters of my own creation. That’s not to say I might not *ever* post some sort of fanfiction here, just don’t hold your breath.

Second, I know I have a reputation on this forum for being silly, and believe me I cherish that. So you might be shocked to see that the stories I’m starting this thread off with do not fit that image at all, lol. You can probably expect a good variety of stuff from me though, including the silly, random stuff you would expect.

Third, and this is the most important part: I highly value feedback, especially constructive criticism. If you notice any plot holes, inconsistencies or spelling/grammar errors, don’t be afraid to point them out. In fact, even if you really didn’t like a story, by all means tell me. I won’t take it personally! cool.png

So, without further ado, here are two stories I wrote for my writing course last semester. They’re a bit on the long side, but I would be honored if you took the time to read even one of them!

- Heart of Gold, fantasy. A young thief takes a simple job and gets wrapped up into more than she bargained for.

- Lauren, adventure. Chris, nine years old, is forced to stay on his relative’s farm for the summer. Bored to tears, he encounters a small bit of fun in the form of a playful new friend.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'll read this later. I hope they are filled with silliness!

Not these ones, no :P

Wow, I love Heart of Gold! It's really well written, (and I expected nothing less from someone with your level of creativity!)

Seriously, it's great. Moving on to Lauren with high hopes. Well done, Speedy. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, I love Heart of Gold! It's really well written, (and I expected nothing less from someone with your level of creativity!)

Seriously, it's great. Moving on to Lauren with high hopes. Well done, Speedy. tongue.png

Thanks for reading, Kamakai; I'm glad to hear somebody enjoyed it! happy.png

I've read Lauren too, and I'm glad to say it left me with a warm, pleasant feeling. It's so... realistic, and because of that, it's easy to relate to the characters. Thanks Speedy. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Just when you had forgotten this thread existed, just when all three of you thought this would never be updated again, I bring you a collaborative project between me and NGw00d. He supplied the lovely picture while I supplied a stellar story to explain the origins of the glorious...banana with legs riding a unicycle! Click here to read Billy Barnaby's Beautiful Banana!

bJjsA3T.png?2

Like, comment, favorite, subscribe.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Sun Horse Approved"? Well, you know, that means I have to read it! I was going to anyway, mind you, but still.

*reads*

That was easily the most beautiful story I have ever read. I'm pretty sure this changed my life. Whenever I start to question what the point of this universe we're living in is, I will think of this story, and I will smile.

Seriously though, for a silly little story that was pretty good. XD

By the way, Beatrice is the best character in the show--other than the sentient banana, I mean.

Edited by ElementofChaos
  • Thumbs Up 1

Glad you liked it, Element! Somehow...deep down...I knew you would.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have but one concern:

What was the banana's name? Did they even bother giving it a name?? There might be some dark implications here...

The banana riding a unicycle is simply that. He is sentient, but the unicycle is the only thing he knows and desires. As such...no, they did not really bother giving him a name. :/