Awoo.

Left for Dead 3 found on Steam "Valve can count to 3!"

Badnik Mechanic

I'm not entirey sure how this was found, but... from what I understand, Steam now has some kind of partner service/developer site called Steamworks partner API database which any developer can access or something like that (again I don't know the details).

However, it turns out that the site isn't that secure and a number of games have been leaked... Today, Left for Dead 3 was aledgedly found.

362bcwoe8w.jpg

This is the steam page for it http://steamdb.info/app/235480/ However according to the details it's not been updated for a while so it might be dead.

• Thumbs Up 4

Do want! After all the stuff Valve has done for L4D2 lately, it'd be daft if they weren't planning for something big. Although I was expecting more along the lines of an entirely new campaign for L4D2, since they bothered to integrate Steamworks.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nothing to get excited over at all yet considering this isn't being talked about over in the official L4D2 forums...  I'll ask if this is old news or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogPO9yYxGlg

We all knew this was coming.

• Thumbs Up 2

Left 4 Dead is my favorite vavle series so i'm excited if this turns out to be true. Keith!

KEITH FOR L4D3 OR GT-...Oh... already beaten... but whatever it must be said again. KEITH FOR L4D3 OR GTFO.

I believe there's gonna be another boycott on this game, defending L4D2 cause it has both L4D1 and L4D2 maps before Valve adds all that on L4D3.

Anywho I do wanna be excited for it but its gonna wait until info gets dropped.

I was thinking it'd be cool if L4D3 were set in the UK. It would diminish any chance of crossover with the previous games' casts, but at least we'd be able to see how the rest of the world is coping with the spread of the zombie pandemic.

I was gonna say Australia too, but...

• Thumbs Up 2

So I clicked on the source link and...

This was called Left 4 Dead 3 on Steamworks' partner website. Please consider this app dead, just like Halo 3, there were no real updates to it in couple of months.

Disappointment coming?

Apparently a friend I talked to also said Valve uses low ID's for their games.

Just as a small update, there's only been a couple of responses over on the L4D boards and all of them equally surprised so far.

Still don't hold your breath though!  Bare in mind as well that Valve has been known in the past to use fake sequels as project names to disguise things - for example "Ricochet 2", a sequel to a 2000 officially released Half-Life 1 mod, has been all but outright stated to have been used to refer to Half-Life 3 on a few occasions.  It'd be really strange to use one as modern as L4D to this end, but still, just saying!

Valve move in mysterious ways.  On a side-note regarding future L4D content, I asked them over twitter if they had anything to say about this very curiously The Sacrifice comic-esque artwork of one of L4D2's Midnight Riders being attacked by a Jockey and they didn't respond.

Who knows what is next at this point.

Edited by JezMM

If a Left 4 Dead 3 did come out I'd prefer it to have an atmosphere like the first instead of the second's.

I was gonna say Australia too, but...

This problem stemmed from the lack of an R18+ rating for videogames here. That was fixed sometime at the beginning of the year, so I find it hard to imagine this will be the case twice if they (very likely) fail to hit the MA15+ rating the first two games did.

Which reminds me, I wonder if Valve ever patched the gore back into L4D2. Mortal Kombat finally released properly here so people can actually play it without importing, so it's not like there isn't precedent.

This problem stemmed from the lack of an R18+ rating for videogames here. That was fixed sometime at the beginning of the year, so I find it hard to imagine this will be the case twice if they (very likely) fail to hit the MA15+ rating the first two games did.

Which reminds me, I wonder if Valve ever patched the gore back into L4D2. Mortal Kombat finally released properly here so people can actually play it without importing, so it's not like there isn't precedent.

They sneaked the gore back into the game long before the R18+ rating was introduced for games, actually.