Awoo.

Deus Ex: The Fall "I didn't ask for this" [iOS]

Badnik Mechanic

Back in March, Eidos registered a number of domains which went along the following lines 'deuxexthefall.com/net etc'

Registrant:
Square Enix Limited
Domain Administrator
Wimbledon Bridge House 1 Hartfield Road
London, Greater London SW19 3RU
GB
Email:

Registrar Name....: CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.
Registrar Whois...: whois.corporatedomains.com
Registrar Homepage: www.cscprotectsbrands.com

Domain Name: deusexthefall.com

Created on..............: Mon, Mar 04, 2013
Expires on..............: Wed, Mar 04, 2015
Record last updated on..: Mon, Mar 04, 2013

http://whois.domaintools.com/deusexthefall.com

Today, Eidos-Montréal just tweeted the following.

Are YOU ready for The Fall?

https://twitter.com/eidosmontreal/status/341537040107712512

.... Wheres that gif of the woman with the wine glass saying 'E3' with the big grin on her face?

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know where the GIF is, but consider me a happy pony.

I recently finished Human Revolution, and I'm currently playing the original, and yeah, I'm excited. 

.... Wheres that gif of the woman with the wine glass saying 'E3' with the big grin on her face?

Right here: 5jy92v.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

In terms of gameplay, I really hope they bring back melee weapons. I didn't like having to wait for my energy to recharge every time I wanted to KO an enemy up close and personal in HR. 

Actually, I think reworking the system of energy and how augs use them would be for the best. In general, I found myself using augmentations more often in Human Revolution than the original (except regeneration, fast movement, and the power recirculator), but the large energy consumption of takedowns, wall smashing, and anything else that took up a whole battery at once made me feel like I was wasting energy that could be used better. Upgrades to how large the energy bar was were largely pointless, considering the only real way to fill them up was with candy bars (which were hard to come by!) and those awful inventory hogging bottles from LIMB clinics, so any time I wanted to use especially useful and advantageous augs like cloaking, smart vision, or heavy lifting for extended periods I would have to use my precious items instead of feeling like I actually had the freedom to use the abilities I wanted to, especially if I had recently used a battery to do a takedown, at which point I would have a lot less energy to work with.

That said, I wouldn't want to go back to Deus Ex's energy system either, because it often felt almost a little too easy. Like I mentioned before, I don't know if it was just me, but I played really conservatively with how I used my energy, because that's how I play any game, using the least amount of ammo required and whatnot. I felt like most of the time the augs played more to the idea of overcoming small inconveniences than giving real advantages. Even then, when I used them to clear a jump slightly too high than what I could do otherwise, push a heavy object faster than normal to block lasers, or tank through gunfire and make it through that damned submerged tunnel in Hong Kong with regeneration, bioelectric cells were somewhat common, and recharge bots were common too. They were common to the point where I would never really find myself in a situation where I would actually have to strategize with how I used my augmentations. 

It's a tough balance to strike, I imagine, but surely not impossible.

In terms of the name... The Fall. Huh. I imagine it might take place between HR and Deus Ex, with civilization as depicted falling apart? 

Oh, one more thing: Looks like we're getting details in two days. Hype. 

Edited by Phantomime

DEUS EX: THE FALL DEBUT TRAILER! To be released for... the iOS.

I never asked for this...

We are back in 2027 -- a golden era for science, technology and human augmentation, but also a time of great social divide and global conspiracy. Ben Saxon, a former British SAS Mercenary who underwent physical augmentation, is desperate for the truth behind the drug conspiracy. Betrayed by his private military employers, the Tyrants, not only is his own life at risk, but for all augmented humans, time is running out...

Edited by 502 YoshiUnity Gateway

The next Deus Ex game will be a first-person RPG shooter for iPhone and iPad. Its name Deus Ex: The Fall.

According to Jean-François Dugas, executive game director at Eidos-Montréal, this will be the "full Deus Ex experience", which means "exploration, action, hacking, stealth, social enhancers, player choice, and consequence.

Deus Ex: The Fall announced as a $7 iOS game.

That dislike bar is hilarious.

EDIT: What timing

• Thumbs Up 2

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

EDIT:

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. This is too funny.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 1

As if Dual Sticks weren't as good for FPSes as a keyboard and mouse. Good lord, dual touch is horrendous. 

They really are trying their hardest to lose the goodwill generated from HR, aren't they?

I... I didn't... I really didn't ask for this =(

I don't care if he's a member of the SAS. I don't want this! I want Deus EX! It's not fair! /Wild angry rant.

The April Fools they did looks better than this.