Awoo.

Microsoft @ E3: A Space Odyssey. June 10 [9:30 AM PDT/ 5:30 PM BST]

Carbo

It wouldn't be E3 without Geoff Keighley massively over-hyping something. What did he do last year? I'm pretty sure we were all thoroughly unimpressed with it, whatever it was.

WKR9v6n.jpg

For some reason, I'll never forget this pic. Don't ask why.

>All in one
>Requires two parts to function
>A third if you want TV

>Four if you want a bigger hard drive

I would mention the giant power brick too, but that would just be mean.

They would've been better off going for the timeless, "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer Konsole."

• Thumbs Up 3

Now more than ever am I glad I have a Wii-U

To think, earilier it didn't even seem so great a console but right now it is seeming like the best thing in the world now.

CBOAT has spoken - 

1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version. #truthfact

2. More DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy. Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.

3. Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

4. DRM plans are actually worse than what they've stated.

5. Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference.

6. Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference.

7. Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Tanks

8. Live paywall still there.

9. Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference.

10. No online paywall for PS4. Unconfirmed.

11. No DRM info for PS4.

Source

Evidently this guy's a huge deal. Expect this to be true.

Seems that this guy only knows stuff from Microsoft's side of things.

Btw this is the original post (Discoid's was translated):

happy.png confiemed micresft actively attemptbuyinr PS44FOUR nonmetnions. IF y dont explifitly here 3rdparty say “OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE’ confdinetly assuem Ps4 version is avabilelbe behind scenes. #truthfact

happy.png stag2 indethpth drm mesaging a@t gamescom. rental stretegy is no stratgy, nolpan for support, just watnt o keep quiet. nontalk execs! beacuse mesaging isnt done. stagae1 waslast Tursyfday...clusterfuktotal

happy.png cloudpower=praroleofficer. desined from day1@s DRM. peirod. uknoo this alreyad thogh.,, MS idaea. aproached third parties wplan not otherway around. EA/Ubi bigest boostrs but lesa Activbliz whcih makes mye haed fulll of weird#!

happy.png ONE drm tos plans iws worse than you know. asmnow btw but I can;t get cororobating proof frrorm my fpeoples. theyr sadcared for jobs. it s com*ing tho IT IS COMING ):

happy.png MEedge2 at MS conf. langlewdell not mkaign an appearnce.

happy.png princeofpersian retgurgiate. for msfconf

happy.png sspecial sekrit Philupspensergame/? - world of banks frmo warmggamin.et

happy.png LIVEpaywallfirm like myb utocks in place for ONEE!1 f2p? sorury.

happy.png deadreising3 and exclcusive DLC for other capcpom game

happy.png onlingamingpayo.w.-allklk for Sony? ahha nope.noconfirm

happy.png sonty rapped up tighterrea than Virgin mosquito when on drm istuf. Frustartin!g myinfogloves!

Okay, why did he type like this?

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

Okay, why did he type like this?

If you're the kind of guy who sits on a boatload of information just waiting to be put out you don't compromise yourself by spreading out information casually on a message board. Companies are always paranoid about information slipping out. The bad formulating is to mask the chances of bigwigs actually finding him through a Google search or any alternative thereof.

The fact that cboat is putting out this much info as opposed to his usual corroboration of leaks/information is either very brave or very foolish. But he is a legitimate insider.

onlingamingpayo.w.-allklk for Sony? ahha nope.noconfirm

My attempts at a translation of that particular phrase is:

Online Paywall for Sony? Haha, nope! Unconfirmed/Deconfirmed.

Not sure how you could read into that phrase, but it sounds to my like he's saying that Sony won't have an online Paywall. Though that may just be my hopes affecting my reasoning.

My attempts at a translation of that particular phrase is:

Not sure how you could read into that phrase, but it sounds to my like he's saying that Sony won't have an online Paywall. Though that may just be my hopes affecting my reasoning.

I'm pretty sure what he means is he thinks there isn't one but he can't confirm it. If the last point is anything to go by Sony are being tightasses about this stuff, and there's undoubtedly going to be some sort of paywall for a key service even though it's likely not going to be for online play.

Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference

Please don't be Xbone exclusive please please PLEASE. ;__;

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm pretty sure what he means is he thinks there isn't one but he can't confirm it. If the last point is anything to go by Sony are being tightasses about this stuff, and there's undoubtedly going to be some sort of paywall for a key service even though it's likely not going to be for online play.

Oh yes, very much so. Having something like Gaikai services be totally free is most definitely not financially sustainable. If they want to turn a profit (which is what Sony as a whole, is desperate to do), they pretty much have to charge for extra online features like Gaikai game streaming.

Stuff I expect to stay free is standard online play and stuff like Netflix, Hulu and so on. PS+ and Gaikai will naturally be behind the paywall.

Oh I can't wait to see the inevitable shit storm. Especially when Jim Sterling shows up.

6f6.gif

Edited by Johnny Boy
  • Thumbs Up 2

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ;_____;

I've waited years for this sequel please don't dangle it in front of me on a console I don't want

• Thumbs Up 1

What exact time is this circus going down?

5:30PM GMT. I don't know where you live, so I can't really comment on what time it would be there. XP

Oh my fuck, Mirror's Edge 2 is going to be in this conference? Oh my fuck, not sure if this is a bad thing or a good thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something to remember for the conference: If a third party game is not specifically announced as an Xbox One exclusive, expect it to turn up on the PS4 as well. I'm looking at you, Mirror's Edge 2.

I doubt it. DICE said that they don't like motion controls and find them "gimmicky", so the only reason to make Mirrors Edge 2 a Xbox One exclusive is to make it utilize the Kinect 2.0, and that wouldn't be the case...but EA loves money and they have power over DICE, soooooooo =\

Something to remember for the conference: If a third party game is not specifically announced as an Xbox One exclusive, expect it to turn up on the PS4 as well. I'm looking at you, Mirror's Edge 2.

If the whole Microsoft bribing 3rd party developers to only show Xbox One exclusives is true, then Mirrors Edge 2 will not be shown at their conference if it's also on the PS4. It'll probably be shown at EA's or Sony's conference...or both.

Edited by KrazyBean

I doubt it. DICE said that they don't like motion controls and find them "gimmicky", so the only reason to make Mirrors Edge 2 a Xbox One exclusive is to make it utilize the Kinect 2.0, and that wouldn't be the case...but EA loves money and they have power over DICE, soooooooo =\

Exactly. It doesn't matter what DICE says or thinks or...whatever. If EA says to them this game is an XONE exclusive, it remains a XONE exclusive.

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions

lol lol lol it has come to this

the system isn't good enough to stand on its own features so we're going to try and sell it by fooling people into thinking there's no other alternatives

Ticking time bomb though. The PS4 versions are going to be shown eventually and comparisons will be inevitably made. They just postponed the bad press and now that it's known how, the backlash will be greater.

And if it is, expect it on PC and PS4 in 6-12 months' time unless funded by Microsoft (and even so, sometimes).

You know they're going to word the DLC exclusivity deals in the most ambiguous way possible to confuse people.

pls do not look at the ports behind the curtain lol

How can one say that EA loves money? It seems to be that EA loves to lose money. How else could you explain their titanic stock drops in the last ten years and their flirtation with the idea that they are a video game developer/publisher? It never crosses their mind that maybe if they spent time on quality, they would actually incur more a profit. I point to Mirror's Edge as an example because I remember reading reams of articles and interviews from the developers themselves about the game and how EA heads did questionable things with the game such as bottleneck areas with snipers and gun areas in order to convey a sense of intensity. Instead of fixating on the idea of open world, EA suddenly decided that they stupidly spent too much on the marketing and advertising of the game and half assed the actual development so they rushed DICE to get it out before Christmas. Thus it linked to a half finished game that had so much potential untapped because of questionable business decisions instead of right video game decisions. The lack of respect for consumers shows how callous they are and their reputation among customers and people shows that they are operating on the base of losing money. There is no profit in this endeavor. There business ethics are as subtle as the rapists in Blazing Saddles. It is literally comical to the point that it might as well be satire.

• Thumbs Up 1