Awoo.

ARTWORK: Robrainiac's topic of mostly OC art, with a some Fanart

Emperor Robrainiac

On 9/6/2017 at 1:28 AM, Emperor Robrainiac said:

So... some drawings of a pirate-esque fantasy concept. A family of chefs traverse the seas to hunt, steal and find food for their home and surrounding areas. Although they pick on each other a lot, they are a tight knit family, (Three of whom are related by blood) and have each other's backs.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_ovue3rd9xH1rammm1o1_540.jpg

Travis Cooke: The navigator of the ship, Travis is an optimistic and cheery teenager who enjoys fishing and learning magic. Favorite food is Fried Titan Shrimp.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_ovue3rd9xH1rammm1o2_1280.jpg

Tesla Cooke: The sarcastic engineer and a child prodigy who keeps the ship intact and loves to tinker with machinery. Favorite food is Demon Pork Nuggets.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_ovue3rd9xH1rammm1o3_1280.jpg

Theia Cooke: The hot blooded captain of the crew, master chef and gourmet. Although a thrill seeker, she worries that her kids find her “uncool.” Favorite food is Dire Goat cheese.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_ovue3rd9xH1rammm1o4_1280.jpg

Asim Redeye: The brother and of Tesla Cooke  and first mate of the ship. Although a rebel in nature, he’s more cool-headed compared to Thiea. Favorite food is Roasted Mandrake with melted butter.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_ovue3rd9xH1rammm1o5_1280.jpg

Snow Toes: A quiet and reserved reptilian monk who prefers not to eat meat or sentient plants. Prefers a pacifistic route unless provoked. Favorite food is Blueroot salad.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_ovue3rd9xH1rammm1o6_1280.jpg

Doctor Beak: Although a bit creepy looking, this beaked doctor seeks to use his dark magic for healing purposes. In addition to being the medic, he’s also in charge of taking care of Sushie. Favorite food is grilled Wraith Eels.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_ovue3rd9xH1rammm1o7_540.jpg

Sushie: The tamed sea dragon who carries the ship on her back. Sushie is also the family pet, and loves being petted on the fins atop its head. Favorite food is raw fish

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_ovue3lNrls1rammm1o1_540.jpg

And last but not least...the goddess Charydbis, (Named after the whirlpool creating monster from Greek Mythology) A gluttonous queen of the sea who demands sacrifices, or else she’ll devour anyone who dares cross her. 

I don't know why, but I've recently wanted to make a concept based on the ocean and pirates. Not to mention, I thought it would be fun to try something new and center the focus on food. Food is awesome... sometimes I like looking at insane recipes, and seeing what things people make. I also got the idea from Breath of the Wild, with its cooking mechanic. It'll be fun to experiment with dishes that would never exist in our world.

On 9/11/2017 at 10:16 PM, Emperor Robrainiac said:

tumblr_ow57jpiEOd1rammm1o1_1280.png

Remember when I said I wasn't going to trace the above sketches digitally? I got bored during the storm yesterday and ended up doing this for fun.

So have a digitized Dr. Beak, Theia and Snow-Toes, the pirates and cooks of the endless seas.

Bit late on this,  but these designs are wonderfully plotted and drawn out. 

And as someone who's partial to pirates that's an added bonus. Heck, they're on the level of Ella where I wouldn't even mind seeing some of them join the Roleplay!

• Thumbs Up 2

Funny you should bring those characters up... I just redesigned one of them! Thiea to be exact.

Theia-Cooke by LordRobrainiac

I was kinda... eh, on how Theia looked when I last drew her. I decided to try something a little different and give her more of a piratey look, along with a reference of her passion for cooking with an ever famous frying pan.

I actually really like how this turned out.

• Thumbs Up 3

I really like your lines! So nice and smooth! And the thick outline really makes your characters pop!

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks like I'm not the only one who redesigns lol.

Great job as usual, the darker skin tone actually blends in better with her color scheme and more pirate-y look!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_ozjbk0yIGe1rammm1o1_540.png

I actually kinda liked Sonic Forces. It was flawed, and there were moments that kinda bugged me when it came to the story and design choices, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have fun at some points.

I also had a lot of fun with the character creator. Here’s three of them I made, with some liberties taken here and there.

Here are some brief backstories for these characters

Pixels the Wolf: Avid video game and comic enthusiast and is also a big fan of Sonic the Hedgehog. Quick learner when it comes to technology, and uses tech make him the flying member of the group.

Snow the Cockatoo: Expert Martial artist, serious and stoic, and a big sister figure to the trio. Uses a Quarterstaff as a weapon, thus making her the power of the group.

Kate the Cat: In addition to being a thief and a con artist, Kate's biggest hobby is parkour and enjoys the thrill of climbing up buildings. Because of how quick on her feet she is, this earns her the position of the speedster. 

Always by her side is a chao named Shellton. This chao is always in an egg shell, and is trained to help Kate pull off her thieving and scamming antics.

Here's there original designs for reference.

Spoiler

20171115 002906 by LordRobrainiac

20171115 014700 by LordRobrainiac

20171115 003306 by LordRobrainiac

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

tumblr_ozrbi5Ngh71rammm1o1_540.jpg

A doodle (very loosely) inspired by a scene in the RP.

Just another day in the life of the Mandrake twins!

• Thumbs Up 4

Drawing a little something to get into the spirit of the holidays. Starring Ashlyn and Aspen Mandrake, the chosen champions of their home.

Drawing a little something to get into the spirit of the holidays.It's that time of year and I was in the mood to draw something christmas related, Starring Ashlyn and Aspen Mandrake, the chosen two of their home, celebrating a holiday suspiciously similar to Christmas.

Hey, they have worked with santa a few times... He is a member of the Guild of the Chosen ones after all!

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

So it's been a long time since I did anything related to "Comicoplis" outside of the RP. So I decided to revisit this concept not to long ago, and I wasn't very happy with some of the designs... So I ended up doing some revisions to some of the characters. Hopefully I'll finally figure out what I want to do with these characters in the future. Look forward to some more in the near future!

Pixels The Vulpine 

Spoiler

tumblr_p0mn6eBGri1rammm1o1_540.png

Pixels, the firey fox with an attitude… Or at least, he wishes he was.

Pixels is a fox-like creature of unknown origin, adopted by a superhero couple when he was just a pup. Very self concious by the fact that he’s one of the few, if not the only, people of his kind. Not to mention, he frequently worries about what other people think of him, masking his worry with a cocky smile and really terrible one liners.

Pixels along with teleportation and boosted jump, gains his pixel-like powers from eating sandwiches, mostly elemental… For example, eating a sandwich with a Chili pepper will give his pixel blasts a firey touch, while anything with seafood will give him water based powers. This would prove to be very useful, if Pixels could only remember which sandwich can do what. In addition to his powers, Pixels makes use of gadgets given to him by his sister, like his rocket boots, and scan goggles.

For his redesign, I tried to go for something that kind of tries hard to be cool, but not too over the top at the same time.  Has no shoes to make him more animal-like and cartoony paws are pretty fun to draw.

Mouse boy (Aka Terry Mouse)

Spoiler

tumblr_p0mmtp7tPu1rammm1o1_540.png

This is Mouseboy, a rookie superhero who prefers to stick with a traditional costume… So much in fact, Mouseboy has rarely (if ever) been seen without his costume. This goofy looking kid is the younger twin of Kara, and like his sister, doesn’t quite care what others think of him. He can be a little lazy, and likes to spend his free time playing video games, watching cartoons, playing Dungeons and Dragons with his friends, and going out with his girlfriend Nevermore.

Mouseboy’s power is to shrink down into a strange, round, unknown creature… But the might mouse of justice calls this his “Mouse” form, and gains speed strength, and invulnerability, at the price of, well, being tiny. Otherwise, Mouseboy is just a regular person in his normal form. 

My biggest problem with Mouse boy in the past was how out of place he was in the world of comicopolis. Sure there's some interesting individuals, but I felt that Pixels not being human/being different from a human was what made him unique in this world, and Mouseboy not being human-like kind of hurt that feeling. I wanted to make Mouseboy human, but to me and my old friends, Mouseboy's walking head appearance is too memorable. In the end, I decided to incorporate his original design into a different form and what better ability for a mouse themed superhero to have than shrinking?

Takara Mouse 
Spoiler

tumblr_p0mme9hKTO1rammm1o1_540.png

Takara, known by her friends as Kara, the oldest of the infamous rookie Mouse siblings. Not only does she have skills in hacking, but she also has a proficency in weilding daggers, a license to ride a motorcycle and a backpack to carry all sorts of tools and gizmos.

Kara provides many gadgets for her brothers and herself to use, but is not afraid to join in on the action whenever she can. Although she thinks herself cool, what with all the ridiculous skills she has, Kara is not the most popular of kids around the school. Some find her fascination with technology odd and her obsession with taking apart machines reassembling them does creep some of her peers out. Despite this, she does have her friends and her brothers by her side, and does not care what anyone thinks of her.

Takara's design usually only changes slightly whenever I go back to these characters. I decided to do away with her "peek-a-bangs," Because I tend to overuse that design for a lot of my female characters, and gave her glasses, something I haven't done for any character as of late.

Nevermore

Spoiler

tumblr_p0mlqgqHtp1rammm1o1_540.png

Nevermore, the mistress of the night and hunter of criminals. With the power to communicate with Crows and Ravens, she and her allies stalk evil-doers, filling them with fear day by day, playing games with their mind until they’re fearful. Once she feels they’re paranoid enough, she confronts them, where they’ll either put up a fight or give up.

In reality though, Nevermore is actually a very bubbly person, enjoying horror films, wrestling, and tending to crows and ravens on her spare time.

I actually spent a bit of time researching how I should redesign this character. I always had a sort of perky goth-ish style for Nevermore (real name Ella as people in the RP know her by) and I felt her last design wasn't really doing much for me. Looking up the style I wanted for her, along with references of corvids like ravens and crows, I drew up anything that seemed appealing. I continued until I came up with a result that left me satisfied. 

The Herotron 4000s

Spoiler

tumblr_p0mlhaRtnL1rammm1o1_540.png

Destruction Unit-tron (D.U.Tron and Bulletron, Two robot vigilantes who become official for the city of Comicopolis: The Superhero Capital of the world! One is a naive, curious and a softie, and the other is jaded and sarcastic. Both have a strong sense of justice, and despite their status as official heroes, they both have a tendency to ignore the rules if pushed

One old character and one new one. I'm not sure if I've ever posted anything with D.U.tron (the big one, Dudetron formerly,) but she's a character who's been around ever since I first came up with the concept of Comicopolis heroes. The new one,  Bulletron, is a character I came up with recently. Although I'm more of a casual fan of Megaman, the announcement of Megaman 11 made me so excited  I ended up drawing a character based off of that series, and decided she would fit perfectly in the world of Comicopolis. For her, I'm considering a more stoic or tsundere-like personality as it's something I haven't tried before. 

• Thumbs Up 5

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_p16avz8Lpv1rammm1o1_1280.png

“…And would you believe it? There was a throne, and it was just my size! Almost as if it were built for me! How convinent is that?!”

“…”

I wanted to try something a little more ambitious this time around. I suck at backgrounds and shading, so I felt the need to try and push myself to practice, as tedious as practice is. Also... is it just me, or does Katii have a slight redesign?

Here, we have the lying thief, Katii, weaving a tale of how she discovered a treasure trove. The question anyone would be asking right about now, is that why is she still with the thieves guild if she found that much gold?

Well, lucky for Katii, her silent friend Wilkins doesn’t question anything she says… Hell, he doesn’t even say anything. He’s the perfect person to tell lies- er, tales to!

• Thumbs Up 8

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_p1nrbakSjH1rammm1o1_r1_540.jpg

I know people in the RP may recognize this character... or not. She didn't play too big of a role, but as of lately some ideas have been swirling around my mind with this character. I gave her some more skeletal-like features, such as the face paint and rib cage over her cloak, and her pointy fingers and toes are sort of curved, kind a like a scythe.

This is Tenyew, she’s a lonely grim reaper who spends her off time taking care of her demon cat pet, Angel, playing video games, watching anime, and baking desserts for her bakery (Which gets no visitors due to her reputation as the grim reaper.)

My original concept for her was that she was emotionless, with a slight irritable side… but I decided that she acts that way because everyone expects her to be like that and out of fear of being judged. When alone, or if someone gets to know her, she’s much more outgoing, if a bit more irritable.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'll admit,  the prospect of her being more emotional as those pictures suggest does make her more soaking l appealing, not that I didn't like her before.

Those look keen all the same. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I really like those character expressions for Tenyew! She looks great! Maybe in the future I might show off some old sketched from stories I had for the RP.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/28/2017 at 2:56 PM, Mightyray said:

I really like those character expressions for Tenyew! She looks great! Maybe in the future I might show off some old sketched from stories I had for the RP.

Heh, speaking of which, in fact @Emperor Robrainiac I'd say that if those art designs are the signaling of more fleshing out for her, she might be a keen candidate for an RP character again there too! Cool stuff either way!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Speaking of Tenyew... With how much I'm developing her, I'm actually considering making her the star of her story, with my other characters from a few pages ago, Mac and Leslie, serving as her companions on their adventure. I'm actually writing down a ton of ideas for her story as of recently.

Anyways, have more Tenyew, with a slightly upgraded design.

tumblr_p20mja0ZUx1rammm1o1_500.png

This is Tenyew on duty. Added more to her robes/armor, trying to go for a more Dark Souls-ish appearance for her. The idea is that in addition to being the "Mistress of Game Overs," and guider of souls she's also an impossible to beat boss.

tumblr_p20mja0ZUx1rammm1o2_400.png

And here's Tenyew off duty. A little more open with her emotions... well, when she's by herself and with her cat. She dreams of opening up her own bakery, but knowns that being the grim reaper and the deadliest boss in the realm known as the "Overworld," Those plans are unlikely to come true. She's friendly and shy, and if she could, she'd spend her time at home playing games, watching anime or baking desserts. But some of her negative traits include her social awkwardness, tends to be sarcastic and rude without realizing it, and is a chain smoker when people aren't looking.

Although she insists the people of the Overworld are all liars and criminals in the making, Tenyew secretly desires a friendship.

Also, those of you in the RP, may get what the cupcakes she's holding are designed after... Let's just say she grew an unironic, un-mindcontrolled liking to a certain supernatrual singer..

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh wow, she's really coming into her own huh? Tenyew is a pretty neat character so I'm glad to see her get fleshed out (no pun intended) and really shine!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

Man, how long has it been since I've posted here? Well, work had drained me for... two months I believe? I dunno if I can safely say that I'm making a comback, but I don't really want to leave this thread in the dust. So here's a new character I came up with.

tumblr_pabrf223xb1rammm1o1_1280.png

This is Bacon and her companion, Egg. Bacon is a character I made based off many anole lizards I've seen around my house mixed with a bit of Sonic and the many wannabe Sonic-esque mascots of old.

Bacon, a somewhat lazy and carefree person, doesn't see herself as anything special nor does she know what to do with her future... To her, maybe that's fine. Bacon would rather think of the present than the future, and until something interesting happens, she's just going to nap, eat, and maybe go to the movies once and a while.  

Bacon one day ate what she thought was a firefly... turned out it was a fairy, which gave her extraordinary powers with speed and fire... at the price of having the ghost of said fairy haunt her every day. Thankfully, the fairy, Egg, is rather naive and soon befriends the easy going lizard.

After a corrupt mayor takes over their swamp, the two decide to set off to save their home... Much to Bacon's reluctance. Will she'll learn there's more to life than napping?  Or is she going to go back to sleep as soon as her quest is over?

• Thumbs Up 5

Oooo! She looks super cool! I really enjoy your OC's and some of them get really creative and fun! I hope to see more from you in the future!

• Fist Bump 1

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_paytqnBfqU1rammm1o1_r1_1280.png

I was kind of bored, so I ended up digitizing some drawings I made of Bacon and Egg from my sketchbook.

• Thumbs Up 6

• 3 months later...

Long time no update. I haven't been feeling motivated lately due to work and stress. but since I've been in a bit of a drawing mood lately, have some sketches.

tumblr_pfqj11T32U1rammm1o1_540.png

tumblr_pfqj11T32U1rammm1o2_540.jpg

Here's a character named "Poncho," a gun slinging jackelope who has a taste for beef jerky and a love for the great outdoors and playing the guitar.

tumblr_pfqj34TcIi1rammm1o1_1280.jpg 

Here's another character concept... Basicaly my take on the Selkie myth. This is Kolga, a viking/barbarian selkie. 

tumblr_pfqj34TcIi1rammm1o2_1280.jpg

And here we have a sketch of an alien gentleman. His name is Mr. Sir. A dapper fellow, is he not?

Expect to see these sketches digitized in the near future... but I really liked these drawings, so I wanted to share them right away.

• Thumbs Up 4