Awoo.

ARTWORK: Robrainiac's topic of mostly OC art, with a some Fanart

Emperor Robrainiac

Thanks! Sorry about the broken images, it seems that the board's change might have screwed them up. Even so, they're older ones, not really anything too spectacular. Yeah, I always have so many Ideas, and very little stories written out! But all in due time, of course.

And yes, Kit-Tii is a very fun character to draw, and one of my favorites. Good to know people are liking her design!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

I did a 25 essential expression challenge. This one is pretty dang big, so I'm gonna put it in spoiler tags.

25 essental expressions (Kit-Tii) by LordRobrainiac

This one was very fun to do, if a bit time consuming.

Also, some of these expressions make me uncomfortable. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, really nice! You did a good job capturing such a wide variety of emotions! I really like both the sillier and the more subtle.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

tumblr_o0ihlcaTLU1rammm1o1_540.png

Full size

It's been a good while since I posted here, hasn't it?

Well, here's some fan-art of the horror game, "Spooky's House of Jumpscares." Here we see the main antagonist, Spooky, enjoying some popcorn and watching players attempt to traverse her house of horrors.

I don't usually play a lot of horror games, but damn, if this game isn't addicting. I love it!

• Thumbs Up 4

• 4 weeks later...

tumblr_o1ndj9Kx0G1rammm1o1_540.jpg

I got bored at work, and I ended up getting the idea of making a road trip story starring two siblings making their way through aliens, mutants, and angry car salesmen in their souped up hover car their dad made.

I was honestly shocked that I thought up of all that so quick, good lord.

• Thumbs Up 3

I love these new designs, especially the faces! The boy reminds me of Archie Andrews ;) They show a lot of potential.

• Thumbs Up 1

Admittedly, I was thinking of Archie when designing the boy, Travis... Kind of an everyman who ends up wandering an alien infested wasteland. Plus i wanted to go for a 60s-esque feel from the characters in the wealthier settings of this word. Plus I like Archie comics! XD

Good to know they're designs are looking good! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_o2w0jfqmvX1rammm1o1_540.png

I've been playing a lot of skyrim pretty recently, and this is the character based off of one I play as the most. I love playing as thieves/rogues in Dungeons and Dragon style games.

Also, She's pretty fun to draw.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Eehh... WHat the hell. Here's some sketches I posted on Tumblr today. This story's been hopping around my head these past couple of days.

The story involves two custodians who find themselves trapped in a world of the impossible, where they meet and fight all sorts of strange creatures. Basically, I'm going for a Mario parody/homage in which our two protagonists go on adventures based on stuff that satires the game industry and other video games.

Here are the two protagonists, Mac and Leslie McGinnis. Mac is a sort of headstrong and scrappy Jock type, wheras Leslie is the more soft spoken, geeky type.

tumblr_o3v1dioIoI1rammm1o1_540.jpg

The Plantoids, one of the many species of the "World of the Impossible." I think the two Cacti characters came out adorable.

tumblr_o3v1fmyHTH1rammm1o1_540.jpg

Here's Not-Princess Peach. I tried to keep up with the plant theme that the plant people have. As you can see by the random plants/fruits mentioned on the side, I still haven't decided on a name for her just yet...

tumblr_o3v1os84fB1rammm1o1_540.jpg

Here's King Boomer, the big bully of a Snail with a wonky eye and a slimy mustache.

tumblr_o3v1t6ya9g1rammm1o1_540.jpg

This freaky looking plant creature thing. Possible big threat? Not sure... Though For some reason I've been drawing quite a bit of demented and twisted creatures lately.. 

tumblr_o3v1xaBK7m1rammm1o1_540.jpg

Finally, some sketches of other characters. Parodies range from Kirby, to another Kirby with the personality of Solid Snake, a horrific combination of Navi and Omochao, and the not-goombas and not-koopa troopas of this story... Hmmm... now who could  remember what that one in the top left be a reference to?

tumblr_o3v1lcOT1q1rammm1o1_540.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I love the video game satire idea, especially with such awesome and creative characters and designs. Not only do you have tons of fun ideas, I think your art is really getting better and better :) Keep it up!

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_o43tjr3hbn1rammm1o1_1280.png

I liked this sketch, so I ended up tracing it.

I've talked about the McGinnis Twins last post, but the one in the middle is supposed to be the embodiment of death/game over. Sort of a goth-type, and aloof, but takes her job very seriously.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_o53gqdv0qF1rammm1o1_540.png

This is a concept for a space opera style story, of a ragtag group of aliens form planets whom are unaware of extra terrestrial life. Three of the characters are redesigns of characters from a high school project... Here's a quick look at it if you're curious. Warning, really old and really ugly. :P

Starring a scientist who thinks he’s an incarnation of his favorite sci-fi tv show character

A giant blue cockroach who hails from a planet made from garbage from different planets (Think an Anti-Avatar type character)

An Earthling from Earth who’s a famous sports star, excited to be a part of a galactic quest similar to the cartoons and shows he watches.

A murderous machine-turned-monk, who simply wants to take life easy from now on.

A military lieutenant whom while tries to keep a fierce exterior, has a very fun and exctitable side. 

As you can see, I had a little too much fun with the background... Wanted something so that it wouldn't look plain.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_o5pqdzKBbu1rammm1o1_r1_540.png

Binged watched Breaking Bad with my folks and finished the beginning of this week. 

Awesome show, shame it’s all over, right when Better Call Saul (Which actually introduced us to Breaking Bad,) is having its season finale next week…

Oh well, I hope you enjoy this picture of Walter and Jesse I made as tribute.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

tumblr_o6z3lsCDcd1rammm1o1_540.png

I love drawing Tii, that little failure of a cat thief character of mine. The scene going on here is a running gag that I imagine in a potential story with this character, where most of her failed attempts at stealing something always ends with her in the trash.

Mostly drawn to get an idea of how her paws and footwraps worked, (I kinda want them between humanoid and cat-like) and to work on foreshortening a bit.

inb4 the paw/foot fetish folk get all over this =P

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_o6zxem7Jce1rammm1o1_540.png

Kind of funny that the character I named myself after, I rarely ever draw. Well, he's back with a slightly different design than before.

Robrainiac is basically a supervillain who hates losing... Heck, if he found out he was losing an argument, he's would knock out the other person and say he wins. However, Robrainiac often refuses to give up, no matter what the circumstances, thus making him a formidable foe.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

tumblr_o93vtaqaJi1rammm1o1_540.png

The guy on the left is my dungeons and dragons character, a rogue/thief named Vindicus Swordhand, with a design that would fit more in the post apocalyptic/high fantasy-esque world of Kit-Tii's story.

Vindicus a strong silent type, but is best friends with Kit-Tii (The one on the right). Kit-Tii taught him everything she knew about thievery, and over the years Vindicus has become the better thief, much to Kit-Tii's shock. 

I have a story planned for these characters, just gotta get it down on paper.

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_o9ev79Wsit1rammm1o1_540.png

A story idea I had buzzing around for a while. Recycled three of the four characters from my previous page, since i didn't know what to do with them

These are the Four Horsemen, a team dedicated to keeping peace, order and justice to the paranormal and the unusual. Cryptids, Aliens, Ghosts, Alien ghosts, cryptid aliens, any other oddity that the human race can’t comprehend. These four are there if you need protection from evil paranormal happenings.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_o9vpis6bkJ1rammm1o1_540.jpg

I drew up this dumb little sketch after it popped into my head. Starring some characters I've drawn on the previous page. This one stars a super powered mantis making a lame pun and his super powered bumblebee sidekick starting to be fed up with all these crap puns. 

Also, here's some bug studies as well within the spoilers. Mostly to save space and if there's anyone out there who are creeped out by bugs.

tumblr_o9vplj0szU1rammm1o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o9vpn45J1u1rammm1o1_540.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_oahsblbGPb1rammm1o1_540.png

tumblr_oahs6wxleq1rammm1o1_540.png

tumblr_oahs4sMYoi1rammm1o1_540.png

I've been in a very pokemon mood lately, and these are just a few sketches I ended up tracing on Illustrator. 

These are just a few pokemon I really love.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_ob63weBux21rammm1o1_1280.png

It's crazy how one can improve in just a few months.

This character's name is 'Hiss,' a parody of the Na'avi (Aka the blue cat people) from Avatar... Except they're blue cockroach people, as you can see here.

Hiss is a fierce hunter with a kind soul... If you were to run into her the first time, you'd be terrified. But after you get to know her, you'll just want to give her a big hug all the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey wow, that is a pretty big improvement, and it's not like the original was bad by any means. The pose just looks so much livelier. Like with most of your characters, her concept is fun and endearing too!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, adding on to the picture I posted last time, I went back and redrew all the characters from that story Idea. It's funny, that was originally going to be the only one I did, but I was just so happy with them, that I just had to redraw all these characters.

Maxis_Comparison.png

Maxis, extreme sports fan and Earthling. Easily scared by the strange aliens on his quest, but overall a chilled guy.

Not a whole lot changed with this one. A friend of mine suggested torn shorts to go with his "extreme" personality. I might end up redesigning his board if I ever get the chance, since I think it's pretty bland looking.

Hiss_comparison.png

Hiss, a fierce warrior with a kind and gentle heart. 

One of my favorite character designs, I mostly changed her clothing to resemble a trashbag, seeing as how she's from a planet made from garbage. Think Avatar but with a paradise made from a landfill.

Captain_Comparison.png

The Captain, an eccentric self proclaimed genius who's a big seeker of adventure, and a taste for sweets.

This character is based off the Doctor from Doctor Who. I wasn't too fond of how humanoid this character looked, so getting some feedback from a friend, I made him taller with some more unusual features... And yes, that's a bowl on his head.

Scarf_Comparison.png

Vrezz the Scarf. Former hive minded war machine turned free willed nomadic hippie with a dark side.

I really didn't see much I wanted to change with this character, save for a few minor things.

Huntren_Comparison.png

Huntren, the aquatic alien/humanoid assasin with a playful miscivious side to her.

Like the Captain, I wasn't too fond of how humanoid this character looked. I've always wanted to make an aquatic looking character, so that's what I ended up going with. Really hard designing something new like that, but still fun and cool looking.

So yeah. I was working on this project for a while now, but I like looking back at this kind of stuff and seeing how I've improved or what I can change. I hope you guys like, and I'm actually planning something with these characters.

• Thumbs Up 3

Kit-Tii-Sardines.png

Katii, Catling a thief with excellent skills, but a horrible reputation in the thieves guild that she's a part of. After reaching the age of 24, she begins to feel insecure over her infamous title, and begins to attempt taking dangerous quests and heists to live out her day dreams.  

This character is so much fun to draw. I'm beginning to write down some ideas for a comic, as with the characters on my previous post.

(Why did I rename her again? Eh, i dunno, I thought it was a bit cuter... Pronounced similar to Katie..)

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Katii mage.png

Katii again?! Why does she look so different?!

Nope It's not a redesign. It's a concept based off a thought I had about "What if there was a time skip in my story?" I don't want to give too many details, just in case this idea comes into fruition, but in the meantime, enjoy Katii with magic powers.

This time around I played with posing, as if she was levitating. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_odxrzfFsaD1rammm1o1_540.png

Oh man, it's been a long time since I've drawn these characters. If you've been around a couple years ago for inktober, these characters may seem a bit familiar... Yes, I made a comic starring them at some point.

I came up with the idea in elementary school, and fleshed it all out in high school. So these characters hold a place in my heart... Hell, I named my username after the character on the upper left. The main characters are siblings, and include Pixels, the adopted brother hailing from an unknown origin, Mouseboy, a human trapped in a small, logic defying, super suit, and Takara, an inventor and fighter transfered back from a boarding school from a different country. 

Took me about four days to put this all together, and I gotta say, so far it's one of my favorite things I've drawn.

• Thumbs Up 2