Awoo.

ARTWORK: Robrainiac's topic of mostly OC art, with a some Fanart

Emperor Robrainiac

To celebrate the season 2 finale of the RP, I bring you my final two posters. One of Ella and... someone new? Hmmmmmm....

Ella by LordRobrainiac

Painwheel by LordRobrainiac

• Thumbs Up 6

• 2 weeks later...

So here's a new character I came up with... A sort of ghost-like creature who will serve as a pet to Puny, one of my characters from the Comicopolis universe.  Her name is Lilly, and is a huge glutton who eats everything, but is very loyal to her owner Puny. 

For this character, I wanted to do a twisted take on a pokemon/digimon type monster. I'm putting it in the spoilers because... It might be one of my more grotesque designs. That may or may not be saying much, though.

tumblr_osjwmdja0D1rammm1o1_540.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

I love the hair (or is it fur?) and the see through body. Lilly looks really neat over all thus far!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Scales of Snow by LordRobrainiac

I’ve been playing Skyrim again, and just started playing Oblivion, all while waiting for Elder Scrolls 6 to come out, even though it’s probably not coming anytime soon.

I’ve been adding a bunch of mods to Skyrim, and made this character, “Scales-of-Snow,” an Argonian who fights with her fists. Snow’s hobbies are traveling, (hence the giant backpack she has) and wrestling, wolves, sabretooth tigers, and bears who are looking for a meal. A Stoic and coolheaded person, Snow would rather not get into a fight… but if provoked, she can be very dangerous.

My first time drawing an Argonian/a less cartoony reptilian creature. Pretty fun stuff.

• Thumbs Up 5

That looks really great Emp! The shading looks lovely, going well with the thick lines!

• Thumbs Up 1

Definitely getting both Katii and Hiss vibes from her.

I wonder when we'll get a fish and bird anthro next.:P

But seriously though, nice work! 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/19/2017 at 6:42 PM, Dee Dude said:

I wonder when we'll get a fish and bird anthro next.:P

sssshhh don't give me any ideas.

Anyways... now for something a little different.

tumblr_otqq2kvru31rammm1o1_1280.png

LIVE FROM COMICOPOLIS, IT’S DOOMSDAY! BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE NUMBER ONE SOURCE FOR SUPERHERO WRESTLING: POWERHOUSE FEDERATION.

THE MAIN EVENT, KID PISTON, SON OF WRESTLING LEGEND MINERVA OLYMPUS, PREPS FOR THE FINAL SHOWDOWN WITH THE MASKED DEMON PUNK, LADY LEEDS! WHO WILL EMERGE VICTORIOUS, AND WHO WILL FACE THE CHAMP? TUNE IN ON SUNDAY, AND PREPARE FOR DOOMSDAY!

• Thumbs Up 4

This is AWESOME! I totally wanna do a wrestling story for the RP when season 4 rolls around. Keep up the great work! 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/27/2017 at 4:52 AM, Mightyray said:

This is AWESOME! I totally wanna do a wrestling story for the RP when season 4 rolls around. Keep up the great work! 

Funnily enough I have considered bringing one of these characters in the RP! If you do make a wrestling story for Season 4, You can expect both of them to show up, for sure! :D

Here's the characters by themselves. For these two, I decided to experiment with shading in Illustrator instead of Photoshop. I think it captures the cartoony look a lot better than when I shade in Photoshop.

tumblr_otrh6x57vS1rammm1o1_500.png

The mechanical marvel, Kid Piston Olympus. Piston was once a killing machine, modified by Powerhouse legend/engineer, Minerva Olympus. Raised by Minerva, Kid Piston had dreams of becoming a fighter in the Powerhouse Federation. Piston is very naive, and a bit too nice for his own good… maybe a bit too nice to be a wrestler. However, if pushed by his enemies from his enemies, Piston could potentially become a deadly force to be reckoned with.

tumblr_otrgv8G3mW1rammm1o1_540.png

Lady Lucy Leeds, the heel wrestler with a demon punk theme. Loudmouthed, obnoxious and rude, Lucy’s favorite weapon to bring into the ring is a guitar. It’s thought that her feet, arms and face are simply a costume and makeup… but is it really? is she really a demon posessing a human? or is it a human with really advanced gear and impressive makeup? Could it even be a human possessing a demon?

Either way, Lucy Leeds is a formidable foe, and is not afraid to fight dirty if the situation calls for it.

(Also to my RP friends... Anyone recognize the strange spiral symbol on her shirt?)

• Thumbs Up 5

• 3 weeks later...

George-and-Pup by LordRobrainiac

????

New students at the academy? I wonder who could they could be?

I suppose we might find out soon?

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_ovdy4mDKLo1rammm1o1_540.png

This is a character that came in mind one day when thinking of Mary Sues and people who write them. More often than not, once the writers grew up or improved their writing, they'd feel embarassed or ashamed of the characters they created.

So that got me thinking... What if a Mary Sue would feel like that after years of being so perfect and adored?

This is when I created Maria "Divinity Hikari Luna Eclipse Serenity Fae" Susan. The "Overseer God #589," a position she unwillingly gained thanks to the manipulation of Mayhem, a name my RP friends might know well.

I can't tell you how cringy it was to design Maria's Mary Sue design. I had to forget the common sense of designing a character and basically slap something together. Her present design, is supposed to represent how bitter she's become... She's a Mary Sue now, sitting in her room watching the multiverse unfold. Maria's a master at everything and can only make friends due to mind control that she doesn't know how to work, so she's reached the point of not giving 2 craps.

I wrote an origin story for her, as well. I'll put it in the spoilers in case anyone wants to give it a read.

Spoiler

An unwilling god by the name of Maria Divinity Hikari Luna Eclipse Serenity Fae Susan.

Once an ordinary and lonely teenager, Sue ran into a mysterious imp by the name of Mayhem, with offers of great power. Without hesitation, Sue accepted the offer and became the person she could only dream of being... A half-werewolf, half-vampire, half angel, half witch, half fox, half ghost, half grim reaper, half human. The power the supernatural  being gave her? To become the perfect living creature on the planet and earn the respect of everyone around her

While young, this immense power was a dream come true. Sue was a master at everything, everyone wanted to be her friend, she finally went out with her crush, beat up anyone who saw through her “charm” and did her wrong would be dealt with severely. Knowing that her parents would only hold her back, Sue ran away from them to pursue her own life. As Sue looked around and saw admiring glances from her peers, many of whom had never noticed her before the transformation, Sue could only thing of how perfect her life was and forever will be.

Years went by, and Sue, now an adult around her late 20s-early 30s, was beginning to get bored with life. The all powerful girl had seen everything she wanted to see, did everything she wanted to do, and became the most famous person not only on Earth, but in the galaxy. Sue’s view on life was beginning to change, wanting to move on to newer things and act like an adult. Sue had even changed her style of clothing, not seeing the appeal of eyeblindingly colorful clothing.

This was not as easy as it sounded, however. Sue began to realize that all of her “friends” did nothing but praise her, kiss up to her, and avoid any kind of confrontation whatsoever. While it used to be fun when she first had her powers, her relationships were one dimensional and mechanical.

The final straw was day she tried to make up with her parents. Sue had hoped to make up with them and begin their relationship anew. But upon meeting them, they did not see Maria. They saw only “Divinity Hikari Luna Eclipse Serenity Fae.” and would do nothing but shower her with praise... It was almost as if they didn’t remember her for who she was, nor did they seem to remember Sue’s running away. Sue knew that she would never be able to apologize and bury the hatchet with her parents. The ones she knew were long gone... All that was left were mindless fans.

One lonely night, wanting to isolate herself from her mindless fans and friends, Maria ran into Mayhem. Maria began to assume that this was just a lesson in being careful what you wish for, and being happy with what you have... Sadly, this was not the case.

It turns out, Mayhem had given her the ability to warp reality and the minds of people... and once she had become the most powerful being in her universe and warped it to the point of no repair, the god of mischief would recruit her as an all seeing god, one that oversees the multiverse she resides in.

Initially angry, Mayhem convinced her that killing him wont solve everything and that ascending would be the fresh start she was looking for. Maria reluctantly agreed and traveled with the demon to a realm between worlds.

Maria was ashamed of how much damage she caused as “Divinity,” and has reached the point where she had became a recluse, spending most of her time watching tv, playing video games or simply observing the worlds in her multiverse, the latter of which she treats as a tv show. She doesn't even bother putting on any clothing to go out, opting to wear her pajamas all day.

The once peppy and happy-go-lucky Maria was now a cold and bitter god, often rude to her fellow gods, worried that anyone who likes her is only because of her mind warping powers. In away, Maria was relieved that she had moved away away from the world she corrupted, and she’ll often check back to see if it’s reverted back to normal.

But every now and then, if she’s in a really dark state of mind, Maria feels the urge to become “Divinity” again.

• Thumbs Up 7

• 2 weeks later...

So... some drawings of a pirate-esque fantasy concept. A family of chefs traverse the seas to hunt, steal and find food for their home and surrounding areas. Although they pick on each other a lot, they are a tight knit family, (Three of whom are related by blood) and have each other's backs.

Spoiler

tumblr_ovue3rd9xH1rammm1o1_540.jpg

Travis Cooke: The navigator of the ship, Travis is an optimistic and cheery teenager who enjoys fishing and learning magic. Favorite food is Fried Titan Shrimp.

Spoiler

tumblr_ovue3rd9xH1rammm1o2_1280.jpg

Tesla Cooke: The sarcastic engineer and a child prodigy who keeps the ship intact and loves to tinker with machinery. Favorite food is Demon Pork Nuggets.

Spoiler

tumblr_ovue3rd9xH1rammm1o3_1280.jpg

Theia Cooke: The hot blooded captain of the crew, master chef and gourmet. Although a thrill seeker, she worries that her kids find her “uncool.” Favorite food is Dire Goat cheese.

Spoiler

tumblr_ovue3rd9xH1rammm1o4_1280.jpg

Asim Redeye: The brother and of Tesla Cooke  and first mate of the ship. Although a rebel in nature, he’s more cool-headed compared to Thiea. Favorite food is Roasted Mandrake with melted butter.

Spoiler

tumblr_ovue3rd9xH1rammm1o5_1280.jpg

Snow Toes: A quiet and reserved reptilian monk who prefers not to eat meat or sentient plants. Prefers a pacifistic route unless provoked. Favorite food is Blueroot salad.

Spoiler

tumblr_ovue3rd9xH1rammm1o6_1280.jpg

Doctor Beak: Although a bit creepy looking, this beaked doctor seeks to use his dark magic for healing purposes. In addition to being the medic, he’s also in charge of taking care of Sushie. Favorite food is grilled Wraith Eels.

Spoiler

tumblr_ovue3rd9xH1rammm1o7_540.jpg

Sushie: The tamed sea dragon who carries the ship on her back. Sushie is also the family pet, and loves being petted on the fins atop its head. Favorite food is raw fish

Spoiler

tumblr_ovue3lNrls1rammm1o1_540.jpg

And last but not least...the goddess Charydbis, (Named after the whirlpool creating monster from Greek Mythology) A gluttonous queen of the sea who demands sacrifices, or else she’ll devour anyone who dares cross her. 

I don't know why, but I've recently wanted to make a concept based on the ocean and pirates. Not to mention, I thought it would be fun to try something new and center the focus on food. Food is awesome... sometimes I like looking at insane recipes, and seeing what things people make. I also got the idea from Breath of the Wild, with its cooking mechanic. It'll be fun to experiment with dishes that would never exist in our world.

• Thumbs Up 5

My goodness you've been going into overdrive with these designs! I like the 'Mary-Su' lady and Doctor Beak, they both got a real charm to them.

Keep up the awesome work!

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_ow57jpiEOd1rammm1o1_1280.png

Remember when I said I wasn't going to trace the above sketches digitally? I got bored during the storm yesterday and ended up doing this for fun.

So have a digitized Dr. Beak, Theia and Snow-Toes, the pirates and cooks of the endless seas.

• Thumbs Up 6

An RP Related sketch this time I drew on my free time.

Katii Snow by LordRobrainiac

Poor Katii is trying to get used to living in  a snowy enviroment... It's gonna take some time getting used to, that's all I can say.

• Thumbs Up 9

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_owr44o1gfe1rammm1o1_1280.png

Susan once again! Yes, these two are the same character. A (stereotypical admittedly) Mary sue who later regrets what she became and is now a jaded and cold person.

For the right design, “Past Susan” I decided to go for the stereotypical Mary Sue (Or Parody Sue rather) design, since it’s a pretty iconic one. Once again, this is a painful character to draw, as I had to forget the limits to my color pallete and throw everything together. Posture, expression and clothing were meant to show how bubbly Sue was in the past.

To the left, “Present Sue” I tried working with a more grayscale color scheme to contrast from her rainbow-y design. This character, I was trying to go for a more jaded hipster look, her expression and posture in a more annoyed and bored feel to it.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

tumblr_oy255rojzP1rammm1o1_1280.jpg

Meet the Mandrakes, a superhero/champion fighter tag team who are currently working under the super famous hero association the Galactic Guardians Guild. Using magic to travel the stars and fight evil, Ashlyn and Aspen Mandrake face off against their greatest obstacle... setting their magistone to from the video game setting to communication.

The premise involves many different monsters from folklore, fairytales, mythology, cryptozoology, ufo legends, pretty much anything you can think of, putting it in a sci-fi/fantasy setting with creatures of all kinds hopping planets to protect from evil. 

A page of a comic I tried to do for 24 Hour Comics day. Sadly, due to a busy day, I was unable to complete the challenge.

I still might end up finishing it just for the hell of it. I kind of liked the plans I had, and I'd hate to see it go to waste.

• Thumbs Up 7

This looks rad as hell Emp! I really love your imagination and how you're able to come up with so many cool ideas and concepts!

• Thumbs Up 1

Aspen and Ashlyn Mandrake by LordRobrainiac

I colorized the first panel of my comic and reworked their backstories a bit.

Aspen and Ashlyn, a duo of plant-like beings from a galaxy where magic is used in place of technology. Once two ordinary fighters participating in a fighters organization, the siblings are discovered by an eccentric alien by the name of Sir, The Writer of Prophecies.

Sir, who seeks out people with immense and unusual skills, invites them to be heroes in the "Galactic Guild of the Chosen Ones." Excited at the idea of becoming famous outside their own planets, they happily agree.

The duo are very skilled in plant manipulation, using the enviroment around them to attack, and using their arms made from thorny vines and gauntlets made from logs to land blows on their enemies.

Aspen, the elder brother, is a egotistical and prideful, boasting about being the strongest and oogling the ladies, all while prefering to do things his own way. However, underneath all the boasting and bragging, lies many insecurities and fears. To him, mistakes are not acceptable, and anyone who says otherwise are just patronizing. 

Ashlyn, the younger sister, is a very social butterfly, a prankster, and a self proclaimed comedian. Whatever the situation, Ashlyn puts on a smile, even if it means forcing it. One peculiar trait, however, is that she'll often refer to herself as a loser or in a negative manner regularly, all while she keeps a happy grin plastered on her face. 

The duo join the "Galactic Guild of the Chosen Ones" In hopes of fame and fortune... but will they learn that there's more to being heroes than seeking fortune and fame?

• Thumbs Up 5

Wow! I just totally love the creative plant people designs. Such a playful, personality-filled, and above all creative take on the trope. Just totally rockin'!

• Thumbs Up 2