Awoo.

ARTWORK: Robrainiac's topic of mostly OC art, with a some Fanart

Emperor Robrainiac

These pieces are really awesome, it's so good to get an art update from you, you always have such creative & fun character concepts and really cool art!

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_pg21lhqZie1rammm1o1_540.png

So, remember these guys I posted earlier? The ones I said I would be digitizing? Yep, here they are! Here's some more info on them.

To the left, a warrior by the name of Kolga. Kolga is a part of a species known as the Selkie, known for wearing Seal-like clothing over their heads, and are skilled warriors and hunters. Kolga proudly wears her scars as if they were souviners of the many battles and hunts she’s taken part of. She resides on a planet of magic and monsters.

(Really, she’s only a Selkie in name, being more Whale-like than seal-like.)

To the right is an alien by the name of… Mr. Sir. Whether or not Mr. Sir is is real name is anyone’s guess, but one thing is for sure, Mr. Sir is from a place far from Kolga’s home. Mr. Sir is a Gentleman, Chronicler, and an avid explorer. Sir as a thirst for excitement, and writes his experiences down to share with not just his world, but many other worlds he plans to visit.

• Thumbs Up 6

I really love the Selkie, even moreso now that she's colored. She has a lot of personality, cute but fierce, and I like the cues you seem to have taken from the Sonic style. The orca inspiration also makes a lot of sense for a hunter/warrior.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bacon-and-Egg.thumb.png.514245bd45d4df28c18c94af5090b33a.png

Here's a new picture of the hippie reptile monk, and her ghost companion, slightly redesigned from the last time we saw her.

Bacon, the brown Kobold monk who loves eating fruits(And maybe sneaking in a taco once in a while,) sleeping, meditating and training. A calm, collected, and easy going reptilian, Bacon always finds something good about her life. Although a pacifist by nature, lots of monsters and bandits invade her village, leaving her no choice but to fight. Her weapon of choice is a wooden staff, which she also uses to stand on for meditation and meeting the eye level of those who are taller than her...and that's usually most people. In addition to her staff, Bacon has the power to breathe fire.

The power of fire was given to Bacon by a fairy that she accidentally ate during her fruit gathering. Feeling bad once she found out, she let the fairy's ghost haunt her, and the two became fast friends, the ghost gaining the nickname Egg. Egg has the ability to change size, make Bacon levitate for a short while, and give her the power to breathe flames. Egg is a happy soul thanks to Bacon's constant good mood, but a little paranoid thanks to his untimely demise. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...

The Overworlders by LordRobrainiac

Another day another picture. 

Back in high-school I made a comic with my friend called "gamecops." It starred Kirby and other Nintendo/Close to Nintendo characters livig in a world where the Console Wars is a cold war between nations. The heroes of this story fend off villains, spies, and creatures called glitches.

There have been times where I wanted to revive the idea with original characters, I could never come up with ideas... That is until now. These characters are known as the Overworlders.

This story takes a more "Wreck-It ralph" approach, with  game hopping between consoles and computers, but still has the "Console War" themes the original had. 

Leading the Group is Roombie, a small, optimistic, and naive purple creature with the power of mimicry.  You can kinda tell this little purple blob's based off of Kirby.

Green Booster, is a Megaman-like character with missile-like fists and feet. While excitable, he worries about what others think of him, especially superiors. 

Inspector Sizzloink, a "collect-em-all" type monster who was once an icon of the genre... while still popular, Sizzloink is in constant fear of falling into obscurity.

Tenyew, a former grim reaper, turned baker and mayor of a town consisting of monsters and undead... think Animal Crossing but with cute yet creepy monsters. Despite her stoic nature, she'll do anything to protect her friends and town.

Yuu, while having some inspiration from Link, is based off silent protagonists of games, only talking when they need to. Yuu, may be silent most of the time, but her body language and expressions often say what she needs to say. Despite her serious appearance, Yuu loves cute things and is very postive... Just don't hurt her friends, or else you will regret it.

The group all live in the console "OverSystem Infinity," ruled by a happy go-lucky mechanic by the name of Mac McGinnis. Overall, happiness and optimism are the words that best describe the "Overworld..." However, one fateful day, an unloved virtual pet named Pand discovers a way to become all powerful, and begins to steal game data and power ups. All the while Booster meets a strange creature named Roombie, who doesn't remember which "world" (AKA Game) he is from, but knows he wants to help. Eventually, the duo begin to meet other heroes from other worlds and they team up to fight off invaders and villains like Pand. 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Way Past Cool 1

• 1 month later...

692331560_ZarrkWandererandCaution.thumb.jpg.17967c2c11bc47f081de22eec285f92c.jpg

I character I drew up a few days ago. I wasn't in the mood to use my tablet at the moment, so I decided to just trace it with good old fashioned pens.

This is the spellsword Zarrk Wanderer and his Robot Steel companion, Caution. Zarrk is a mercenary and explorer who is shy but is good at getting jobs done. Zarrk's prefered method of combat is using a sword and spells he can shoot from his right hand and (somehow) his left foot. Caution was found and adopted by Zarrk during one of his missions and is a formidable ally, fighting and carrying things for his master.

Like Katii, this character was made in Skyrim, and I'm thinking of adding him as a part of Katii's universe as well.

It seems like anyone I make in Skyrim is going to be in the same post-apocalyptic/fantasy universe as Katii is.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

It appears I've got some catching up to do In this topic (6 pages worth of catching up) but I'm loving what i see so far. Looks like you're putting in hard work and detail. That's pretty neat

• Fist Bump 1

• 1 month later...

The Crew of the Star-Dragon by LordRobrainiac

Far, far in the deepest reaches of space, is the Xolar galaxy, a galaxy filled with mystery, danger, and adventure. Despite the many populated planets within this galaxy, there are many planets and moons that remain unexplored or abandoned... some desolate, some populated by pirates and other criminals, others either shrouded in mystery, or are seemingly too dangerous to explore. 

Despite the vastness of the galaxy, many make a living exploring, bounty hunting, or being famous... sometimes they even do all three. Meet the crew of the Warp-Dragon, Talon X. Starzapper, the captain of the ship, bounty hunter, explorer, and star of his own show. Oriana, A moth-like woman who is Talon's manager, and smoker of cigars. Last but not least is Caution, Talon's happy-go-lucky robot companion and personal backpack.

Talon has quite the ego, rushing into things simply because he thinks he can do it and is also very quirky and immature. However, Talon is an optimist and strong believer in heroism and justice, and is always happy to lend a hand, even if he isn't being paid to do so (Much to the annoyance of Oriana).

Despite being famous on some planets, there are other planets who find him either a nusence or a bad influence, some of them even having bounties on the crew. Whether it be going on a new adventure or avoiding those who hate him, there's never a dull moment in the Xolar galaxy. 

After making so many characters, I realized I hadn't come up with a Sci-fi scenario for a while. This one is moreso inspired by Star Wars, with a bit of Star Trek thrown in here and there. I might do something with these characters soon if I get the time or still have an interest in them.

• Thumbs Up 6

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa, I'm posting a lot sooner than I expected! About... Um... two weeks? 

Anways, i drew some more of the characters in the previous post, tweaking their designs slightly and even fleshing them out a bit. Here they are!

Talon X. Starzapper by LordRobrainiac

"TALON X. STARZAPPER" The Fetharrian Rebel

-Fights with laser sword, a mechanical arm that uses "space magic" (As Talon calls it) and mechanical tail.
-Boastful and egotistical, but has a heart of gold and always wants to help those in need.
-Not very smart
-Thinks adding "X" to anything makes it sound cooler. Unknown if middle initial is really a middle name or not.
-Loves to eat Pizza. 
-An optimist who wants to restore faith in humanity towards pessimists... but hides a part of him who's basically an edgy, humanity hating teen.
-It's unknown how he got his mechanical eye, arm and tail. Every story on how he got them are always different.
-Enjoys watching low budget movies and poking fun at them on his off time.
-Is very afraid of worms, needles, and the dark. 

Dr. Caution by LordRobrainiac

"DR. CAUTION" The Medical bot

-Only wears caution tape because he finds it stylish. Many mistake him for a defective robot.
-Very knowledgeable when it comes to medical needs.
-A childhood friend of Talon. Drifted apart, but became friends again later down the line.
-Very awkward, socially, tends to fumble with his words a lot.
-Tends to be on the more cautious side compared to his other two crew members. Maybe a little cowardly at times
-Gets a little to enthusiastic when seeing wounds or illnesses, eager to try and heal and cure.
-While not a fan of confrontation or fighting, he will use syringes to fight.
-Favorite hobby outside of anything medical related is reading or photography.

Oriana by LordRobrainiac

"ORIANA" The Moth-Bat Mechanic

-Formerly a very bloodthirsty space pirate. 
-While she can put up a flirty facade, She can still can be pretty and foul mouthed violent at times.
-Loves cigars... I mean, REALLY loves cigars.
-Tends to steal cigars after defeating her enemies
-a master at repairing ships and making weapons. Particularly loves making plasma cannons.
-Despite being a weapons expert, her prefered weapon of choice tends to be a laser saw and a pipe wrench.
-Despite her rudeness, Oriana does have a soft side, and is a mother figure to Talon.
-The true owner of the Space-Dragon ship.
-Hobbies include taking apart and putting machines or weapons back together, surfing the net, and gardening.
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Sarina.thumb.png.fa9333c61f4f479e175871dca8a0ce0e.png

Now... we know ghosts have powers that no ordinary human can have... what if one decided to use it for good?

To the citizens of Pinevale city, there are plenty of strange, supernatrual goings ons. From haunted forests, to strange lights in the sky, to giant hairy humanoids, to a high security facility said to house bizzare experiments.

WIthin the the "Bloodpine Forest" that surrounds the city, it is said there is a red eyed woman that aimlessly wanders in the dark. There is an unusual amount of webs between the trees and if one were to step or break through these webs, the fabled "Web Lady of Bloodpine Forest" will charge at you from the shadows. Many who have encounted this spirit have described glowing red eyes and was crawling on eight limbs. Most witnesses have turned around and fled the forest without looking back. However, there have been claims of a eight limbed creature climbing up the walls and alleyways of Pinevale city... Could this ghost have wandered into the city, looking for people to torment

In actuallity, the "Web Lady of Bloodpine Forest" is Sarina. She is indeed a ghosts, but not so much a malicious spirit than a mischevous one, underestimating how horrifying her pranks tend to be. It's unknown as to how she died or what caused her to become a ghost. All that's known is that she seems to have a thing for spiders... Woods, ghosts, and spiders, never a good combination.

When not spooking people, Sarina's actually a pretty upbeat, albiet tried ghost girl. On her off times, she enjoys disguising herself to explore the city, playing video games, playing guitar, thrill seeking and parties. She's also a very huge fan of Spider-Man a copyright safe arachnid themed superhero. It would also seem that reading these comics had given her many ideas and inspiration, as she may have moved on from scaring skeptical hikers to taking on those who dare do wrong on the streets of pinevale.

And it would seem she's not the only paranormal being lurking the streets of this mountain city...

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

The Beings of Bloodpine Forest by LordRobrainiac

Continuing off from the last picture, I was initially gonna draw these characters individually... but as usual, I ended up drawing them all in one go. The idea behind these guys are a paranormal group of superheroes... Basically, X-Men meets Ghostbusters meets Men in Black.

Here's a lengthy post on the lore behind these characters...

Spoiler

As if the name wasn't ominous enough, the city of Bloodpine lies at the edge of a forest said to be haunted with many strange creatures and paranormal entities. Though there are quite a few these of which who have become legendary to the city... In fact, some believe that they are protecting the city from both criminals and other paranormal beings who seek to do harm to the citizens. Do these oddities exist? Or are they simply regular vigilantes pretending to be the mascots of Bloodpine?

This question is debated amongst the human citizens of Bloodpine city... but in reality, yes they do exist. They live a relatively normal life within a haunted house deep in the forest. Hired and kept hidden by the government, this group of oddities are tasked to protect and keep the high supernatural activity of Bloodpine City under control. Though they do dabble in crime fighting every now and then.

"The Grey of Bloodpine, Real name: Eks."

A genius alien grey said to have been found a UFO crash site... What made him unusual from other found Grey aliens was the incredible psychic powers he had. He was raised in a government facility, where he lived a realitively normal life, gaining a high interest in comic book superheroes. These stories are what inspired him to take up the job of a protector. Eks is the brains of the group, always up for inventing gadgets, often very useless, for his own amusement. Interested in humans, Eks often sneaks into the city to learn about human culture, buying the latest tech to modify, and keeping an eye out for anybody up to no good. 

"The Lady of Bloodpine, Real Name: Sarina Hayashi"

The guitarist of a rising punk band during her life, the cause of her death is unknown. Post death, Sarina began to haunt the woods of Bloodpine, taking delight in scaring anyone who didn't believe in her, or was expecting her. This mischief ended with her getting captured and locked away at a secret facility. Sarina is not so much a malevelent spirit than she is a mischivous one, Sarina is often the first who will crack jokes in a dire situation in hopes of lightening up everyone's mood. Because of their love of superhero comics, she quickly befriended Eks, and she sees him as a little brother.  To the group, she often partakes in the stealthier parts of missions, thanks to her ability to scale walls and turn invisible.

"Bigfoot of Bloodpine, Real Name: Abe"

Abe is a strange one, and considering he's a Bigfoot. Unlike most bigfoot seen around he world, Abe appears to be albino, and wears a trenchcoat, pants and a mask made from bandages. Few have seen this elusive creature, and those who tell tales of encountering this creature is often met with skepticism, even amongst the biggest believers of Bigfoot... Which is the reaction that Abe wants. Unlike the others in the group, Abe is not at all a fan of humans, and would rather have the population know him as some tall tale. The muscle of the group, Abe is also the most serious and at times short tempered. Despite this trait, he will do whatever it takes to keep his team safe from danger.

"The Oddity of Bloodpine, Real Name: Schrodinger."

Now this cat-like creature is probably the oddest of the bunch. Schrodinger was found by a small group of teens of the side of the river, appearing to be dead. However, when they came back with more friends, the cat was seen across the river, alive and walking deep into the forest. Some still say he's still wandering the woods... and that is very true. Schrodinger's origins remain a mystery, but despite this, he is the self proclaimed leader of this small group, often the one giving commands and doing the most when it comes to planning. Outside of crime fighting and Paranormal control, he's actually very laid back, and a bit lazy, a contrast to Abe's hard working and short temper. Though he is the one the others go to for advice when it is needed.  

The Grey alien, Eks, is an older character of mine. I wanted to go for someone younger and nerdy personality, an enthusiastic superhero who is ready to do his job and is willing to jump right into the action without thinking of the dangers.. The superhero I drew some inspiration from was Superman, or the traditional caped superhero.

The Ghost, Sarina, as you guys know, is the character I drew last time. Like I said, I like the Ring/Grudge/j-horror ghost design, and I wanted to toy around with that. The superhero I got inspiration from was Spider-Man... So this probably the closest I'll ever come to making a Spider-Sona (I'm not too fond of making Fan-Characters or "-sona" characters, Personally.)

The Bigfoot, Abe, was a pretty fun one to think about. Anything Paranormal/Supernatural is already met with skeptisism... so what if the being in question wanted to remain in mystery? The result was making him look as strange as possible, so that if someone saw him and told his story, then said story would not belived. For this character, I mainly took inspiration from Batman, with a bit of Wolverine on the side.

The... Thing, Schrodinger, is a pretty strange one. Like Eks, he's another older character of mine who's gone through a bunch of changes. This time around, I went back to his earliest design, in which he had black fur. I wanted to come up with a strange animal from the top of my head, and this was the result... something unbeliveable and strange. The inspirations I tried to go for this character is the leader figure of the group, something along the lines of Professor X or Mr. Fantastic.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sir-Kolga-Poncho by LordRobrainiac

Hey, didn't I say I wasn't going to post anything this week? Yeah... I lied.

Here's some art of some of these guys, Sir, the eccentric alien journalist and anthropologist, Poncho, the eager but friendly sharpshooting Jackalope, and Kolga the barbarian sea troll covered from head to toe in scars (literally). 

Sir and Kolga travel the world in search of people to interview or long abandoned temples. But recently, the two have crash landed in Poncho's humble mine town. Temporarily stuck there, the trio explore the areas around them, from Mines to ruins of lost civilizations, all while evading the forces of the queen of Sir's Planet, who wants to rid of Sir for unknown reasons.

• Thumbs Up 4

Welcome to Oddpine by LordRobrainiac

Now here's something I haven't done for a while. I want to make a comic pretty soon, and here's a cover concept for it. This may or may not be colored in the future. In the meantime, I tried my hand at inking. Not too happy with how it came out, but... I got some Practice I guess?

Anyways, here's a cover of the paranormal entities who protect the forests and city of Oddpine from other, paranormal entities... the ones that do harm, anyway. Some of them underwent redesigns, especially Schrodinger, a former human who was the result of dimension hopping experiment gone wrong, and prefers the form of either a cat (The initial design you may have seen before) in public and a humanoid being while on the job.

I'll update this or reupload when or if I get started on the comic.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hope you don't mind and perhaps it's not a big deal, I just noticed something in your comic cover concept that used to be an unconscious act I would do in my art. It's not a big deal in drawing a character on their own, but in a comic setting, it has the risk of looking rather flat so I thought I'd share what I learned to fix it.

So it's like this. You know how you've drawn the four characters? They appear to be standing on the same plain. As in, the same distance from the viewer. That's a very unnatural way for people to stand as it turns out. So one bit of advice I got was to never draw more than one character on the same plain. You can also add extra depth and meaning behind a pose by changing the perspective it is seen from. I made a very rough draft as an example.

Spoiler

s9FkcD0.jpg

This draft is basically the same layout you have already drawn, but with the perspective shifted slightly higher and having the characters spaced out slightly more. This is the idea I'm suggesting.

Also, in a comic setting, you are more likely to have alternate environments so it helps to consider stuff like wind. A gentle breeze will move anything light, having it wave like a flag. A more intense gust can be portrayed with only a slight adjustment.

I'm not an expert on this stuff. It just so happened to be tips that I came across in my never ending pursuit for perfecting my art. I'm not criticizing your art in any way. They're always clean, colourful, expressive and unique characters. I hope you'll keep at it, drawing can be a nice stress escapism and a way to express ourselves creatively.

• Fist Bump 1

5 hours ago, DanJ86 said:

Hope you don't mind and perhaps it's not a big deal, I just noticed something in your comic cover concept that used to be an unconscious act I would do in my art. It's not a big deal in drawing a character on their own, but in a comic setting, it has the risk of looking rather flat so I thought I'd share what I learned to fix it.

So it's like this. You know how you've drawn the four characters? They appear to be standing on the same plain. As in, the same distance from the viewer. That's a very unnatural way for people to stand as it turns out. So one bit of advice I got was to never draw more than one character on the same plain. You can also add extra depth and meaning behind a pose by changing the perspective it is seen from. I made a very rough draft as an example.

This draft is basically the same layout you have already drawn, but with the perspective shifted slightly higher and having the characters spaced out slightly more. This is the idea I'm suggesting.

Also, in a comic setting, you are more likely to have alternate environments so it helps to consider stuff like wind. A gentle breeze will move anything light, having it wave like a flag. A more intense gust can be portrayed with only a slight adjustment.

I'm not an expert on this stuff. It just so happened to be tips that I came across in my never ending pursuit for perfecting my art. I'm not criticizing your art in any way. They're always clean, colourful, expressive and unique characters. I hope you'll keep at it, drawing can be a nice stress escapism and a way to express ourselves creatively.

I appreciate the feedback! It's something I don't get enough of, so any advice is appreciated.

At some point in my life I was decent and slowly improving on my perspective skills. But after a while I grew very rusty and it's gotten to a point where I cannot wrap my mind around it, especially when I try to put characters in there... It's a big reason why I've been hesitant to make a comic or draw anything with a background, and practicing ends up boring me to the point where I'm drained.

I'm not saying this as an excuse, or "Oh no, I'm not good enough so I can't be bothered to try it." It's a matter of me trying to learn how to be more patient with my work, and the advice you gave me is very helpful, and will probably make things less tedious. Hell, I didn't even know of that technique until you told it to me. It makes it a hell of a lot better than the one I drew. I might actually do a redraw when I officially get started on my comic. 

Perfect timing too, because I just got started writing notes for the comic in question as well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Oddpine Paranormal Police by LordRobrainiac

2nd draft of the Oddpine cover, this time in glorious color!

Yeah, I wasn't feeling the ink coloring last time. I got some constructive criticism from the last one, and took the advice to try and improve this version. 

I'm still pretty crap at shading, and there's some things I'm not happy with on this one, but I like this one far better than the last one. Also, with this update, some slight revisions in character designs as well.

In other news, I have my outline of these character's first adventure written down! I hope you guys look forward to seeing this group of freaks take on even nastier freaks of nature in the future!

• Thumbs Up 5

Ghostly-Ambush by LordRobrainiac

"Alright, we gotta have a good one liner when when we take old creepy by surprise. I could say the 'bigger they are' line, but that's too cliche. Hmm, I could say something about his red eyes, but I guess that'd be hypocritical. Hm."

"One liners after an ambush... How interesting!"

Decided to play around with expressions, shading, and poses this time, since I usually draw character portraits or references. also trying to get into practicing drawing creepy creatures. I used this little scene from Into the Spider-Verse as a reference, because I love that movie: 

Spoiler

Image result for spider-verse spiderman thinking

• Thumbs Up 4

So... I'm just giving those of you who follow me a heads up, I might be taking a break from art for a while to focus getting my comic off the ground. I've gone as far to make an outline, but other than that, no significant progress has been made, so I want to try and put all my energy into that.

That being said, here's some character designs from a different idea I had.

Scale_and-Yumi.thumb.png.1f77df4bf361debdc44900d411f25251.png

Here's an unlikely pair, Scale the Pangolin and Yumi the Scorpion: adoptive siblings who are also prophesied heroes. But they're not the only chosen ones in the world. Nope for they have been selected to attend an academy for "Chosen Ones" from all over the world.

Emma.thumb.png.06a11b6bee2ceea92bc8f1684ef224a9.pngJack.thumb.png.57529828f1ce9c5e057ac64ff8a81f5e.png

Here is two of their classmates, friends and teammates of Scale and Yumi. On the left, Emma, a princess who also happens to be a chosen pirate of prophecy, and Jack, a chosen monster tamer and the biggest nerd in the academy. 

Bacon-and-Egg.thumb.png.8c66dfff637e24ba6ab52ca25cd540a4.png

Characters returning are Bacon, the mellow lizard, and Egg, a short tempered spirit who took the shape of Bacon. Bacon is also a legendary hero, but she acts as their mentor and teacher in fighting evil.

So yeah, an academy that takes young heroes who are said to protect their homes, and possibly the world. Inspired by the Sonic Knock-off mascot era of gaming, (Which was something that's been dancing around in my mind for a while,) I'd imagine this idea to be a sci-fi fantasy, with a tropical, pirate fantasy style enviroment.

But yeah, that's what I have for you today. I'll be slowing down from here on out to work on my comic project, like I said, so I'll see you guys whenever I come back!

• Thumbs Up 5

• 1 month later...

72066698_Oddpine_Cover3rdDraft.thumb.jpg.fe810e70e1289bcb2c7ea34298f21b9e.jpg

After being quiet for a month, I bring you an update to the comic. Here's a third rough concept for the comic cover of my project. Currently, an outline of my the has been completed, and I'm about to get started on a script.

Several changes have been made to the main characters:

Dern, the bigfoot, now dons a fancy black suit as he takes his job in paranormal crime fighting very seriously.

Specimen Y, AKA Schrodinger the shadow person, has a more humanoid form, used whenever he's fighting or flirting with ladies from out of this world... He's not usually successful, but he can dream.

Sarina, the ghost, has changed less, except now she wields chain whips, has a baggier shirt, and now wears flip flops.

Finally, Roswell. I just made him look more or less like a regular grey alien, and I wanted to emphasize his role as the inventor more.

Anyways, I don't know when I'll post again, but I hope to see you all soon with more updates!

• Thumbs Up 5

• 2 weeks later...

Taking a quick break from my comic to build the world of one of my characters, and introduce other characters as well. The premise is a sort of dungeons and dragons story set decades and decades after an apocalypse, where our modern time is considered ancient.

David.png.2147ef1f25be55dc31b2facd8e290a38.png

David Steelhand, the human knight. a blacksmith who is mistaken for a mercenary and is sent off on a grand and dangerous adventure. A bit cowardly but tries his hardest to live up to people's expectations.

Merla.png.ddde57bf4188ad85f6fef5b71f6c8205.png

Merla the elf Mage. She's a powerful mage but is very shy. She tries her hardest to be more outgoing, but often worries she'll say something humiliating. Regardless she decides to join up with a group of mercenaries in hopes of learning to improve, both in terms of magic and social skills.

Maq.png.f63bf394cef4685e427a3da401d50127.png

Maq, the Golem bard/monk. Maq is a former monk who gave up his former life to travel the world and find himself. He also took up the life of a bard, playing music from ancient times.

Katii.png.04c7e458ff26c47ac0d1897e9103a7de.png

Katii, the Halfling thief. Very boastful, skilled in thievery, and can identify gems and minerals by tasting them. She'd be quite the trooper if she didn't waste her time stealing small change. Whether it be from laziness or fear of faliure is anyone's guess.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Aspen-and-Ashlyn by LordRobrainiac

Here's a redesign of two characters I introduced a while ago, Ashlyn and Aspen. I dunno why I felt the desire to redesign them, but I kinda like how they turned out. Ashlyn has more of a wrestling style to her fighting and Aspen has a boxing style. I also wanted to give them some more plant-like traits, such as the flowerpot waists more and flowery "hair." 

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

Weapons of Choice (Ashlyn and Aspen) by LordRobrainiac

...Is this mine? Did I actually draw this?! HOLY CRAP.

Granted, I still have problems with shading. But dang, I tried something new, and I love how it came out.

Anyways, here's the Mandrake fighter duo, Ashlyn and Aspen, attacking with their preferred methods of attacks. Ashlyn, the blue "leafed" mandrake is more experienced and is a champion in a wrestling-esque fighter sport for super powered beings, and Aspen, the red "leafed" is a rookie. Ashlyn takes a more violent approach to fighting, using the poison on her thorns, and claws on her toes and fingers. Aspen, being the beginner makes use of his fists and stretchy arms to maneuver around and attack his opponents. Due to his lack of hands, the ends of his vine-like arms ball up into a fist shape. As you can see, some of the thorns are kind of poking out from his boxing glove.

They bicker a lot as most siblings do, but when they team up, they're seemingly unstoppable.

I was gonna trace it and leave it at that, but out of boredom, I decided to add in some shading. Now I don't have a great understanding of shading... but man, I love how this came out.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

Rena_Hiss_Fleck.thumb.jpg.12d7f11bbf8df7d9714d459f454d9cb0.jpg

Here are some characters from a comic I had initially planned to make for 24 Hour Comic Book day. Unfortunately, I didn't have any time to get it started. The premise was about a "huntsman" (a monster/pest exterminator) named Rena, Rena's long dead brother Fleck, a witch in training named Hiss (who's also a reimagined character). The trio make a living keeping monsters from fairytale, folklore, and mythology under control inside and outside of the kingdom of Evershade as seen here:

334985885_EvershadeKingdom.thumb.jpg.f88f51f3fd68b1f1ca86566d38c8ee99.jpg

Bit of a rougher design, since I didn't get the time to ink it, (Or be very good at drawing backgrounds either.) But I think you get the idea. A kingdom of eternal night and fun theme park activities. A lot more peaceful than it looks, but is cursed with eternal night.

Despite not being able to do this, I still want to get it out if I can... if work and burnout doesn't keep me from doing so.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Dragon Princess and the Cockroach Minion by LordRobrainiac

So... at the end of september, I attempted to do a 24 hour comic... But I had to work during that day...

So on one of my days off, I tried doing a late one with a slightly different premise... That didn't work out well either, as I only got 10 pages done before the time was up.

So in the end, I decided to just finish the comic at my own pace while following some of the rules of a 24 hour comic. As I did so, I started coming up with lore and backstory on my off time, and WOW I've come up with a lot of stuff. But before I get into my story idea, here's the two protagonists of the comic, the Dragon Princess of Forevershade Kingdom, Fairclaw, and her optimistic witch/hunter/alchemist companion, Hiss (An older character I ended up reimagining these past few months.) The setting is fairytale esque in a somewhat contemporary setting, with people, creatures and beings from fairy tales and other classic stories.

So, I ended up writing down the premise, and it was surprisingly lengthier than I expected, so I decided to share it.

I hope you guys enjoy this little story with these two, and once I finish, I hope you enjoy the comic (Which is about halfway done,) starring these two!

Once upon a time, in a world of fantasy and magic, there lived a kingdom of eternal night known as Foreverdusk. Although an imposing sight to newcomers, the denizens of Forevershade live in peace with one another whether they be Human, Monster, Animal, or Fairy Folk. Ruled under a fair and humble king and queen, everything was peaceful in this land.

One fateful day however, the spoiled princess of Forevershade, Draconia Fairclaw, was not content with the many gifts or treasures she was given, and wanted full control over the kingdom. For years she studied spells that gave her the powers of a dragon, and once she felt she truly mastered it, she along with a few of her most loyal subjects, overthrew her mother and father and took the crown for herself. For years Foreverdusk lived in fear of this wicked princess and all hope seemed lost.

Then one day, a group of brave heroes who couldn't stand the turmoil the kingdom fell into, formed together and faced off against the dragon princess. Although the battle was long and arduous one, the heroes were able to vanquish the evil usurper, and free the kingdom from her evil claws.

As soon as the crown had been taken from her, the first thing the heroes did was turn her into stone and leave her in the middle of a forest, where she would never be able to harm anyone again... And so, Foreverdusk Kingdom celebrated their newfound freedom and the brave heroes who helped them. It was a celebration that lasted for centuries, and the tales of the brave heroes and the dragon princess  that had been passed down from generation to generation. 

But that is not where everyone lived happily ever after... Oh no, for this was only the beginning of the tale.

Centuries and centuries have passed, and those who remained loyal to the princess passed the tale down to their children... a much more different tale in fact, one that says that the princess was merely misunderstood and was unrightfully sealed away. The tales tell of an advanced spell that could free the princess from her stone prision and she would be able to claim the throne once again.

One day, a descendant of one of the loyal servants managed to master the unsealing spell and was able to free her master once again. The dragon queen was a little shorter than most stories described her as, and a bit more immature as well... but nonetheless, the princess had returned, and she was more than happy to take her kingdom back.

However, the kingdom she returned to was a lot different than what she remembered... everything seemed bigger, and magic was a lot more advanced than when she ruled. And unfortunately, because her appearance is a lot less fierce than described in the legends, nobody can take Fairclaw seriously.

But despite initially trying to take the throne once again, she learns that the current ruler of the kingdom is secretly a lot more ruthless than she ever was... Despite to her weakened power, the Princess decides she needs to do something about this and reluctantly searches for the descendants of the great heroes, all of whom are much different than the ones she faced off against, some lazy, some cowardly, some very egotistical, and some prefering to live their own life.

So it would seem the wicked Dragon Princess has a lot of work to do if she wants to defeat the new evil that has taken over her kingdom. But Fairclaw and her witch companion Hiss are determined to win the kingdom back, even if it means convincing the new generation of heroes to fight with her.

Bonus: Here's some sketches from the comic. Kinda rough to be honest, as most of these I ended up rushing due to trying to stay within the 24 hour limit.

Spoiler

Cover Sketch by LordRobrainiac

Splash Sketch by LordRobrainiac

Kingdom Sketch by LordRobrainiac

• Thumbs Up 3