Awoo.

ARTWORK: Robrainiac's topic of mostly OC art, with a some Fanart

Emperor Robrainiac

These characters would look so good animated. I love how varied everyone's expressions are.

• Fist Bump 1

20 hours ago, Emperor Robrainiac said:

I've been silent for a while, but that's because I've been having some fun working on some character designs for my "Weird Frontier" concept. Here's just a few character designs and doodles I drew up.

[OC] Weird Frontier: Poncho Expressions

Poncho, the miner jackalope and hopeful wizard/gunslinger. Easy going, but has a strong sense of justice,

[OC] Weird Frontier: Piney expressions

Piney, a former bandit leader who's out to get revenge on her old collegues. Greedy, but eventually grows a heart of gold.

[OC] Weird Frontier: Beast Piney Expressions

Piney's giant transformation form. Tends to act a bit more cocky and tough when she's in this form.

[OC] Weird Frontier: Professor Brassfeather

Professer Brassfeather, a mad inventor and a bandit who helped overthrow Piney's position as leader of the Red Rag bandits.

[OC] Weird Frontier: Cactus Cath

Cactus Cath, a silent but fearsome bandit who aided in overthrowing and kicking Piney out from the Red Rag Bandits.

As someone who's an avid fan of westerns, I must say that I do certainly dig these character designs something fierce!

• Fist Bump 1

12 minutes ago, Azure Blue Tori said:

These characters would look so good animated. I love how varied everyone's expressions are.

Despite me losing interest in it a while ago, I credit My Little Pony Friendship is magic for inspiring me to push my expressions. There are some golden facial expressions on that show, I'll always stand by that.

Maybe one day I'll get back into animating. Seeing these characters in motion would be a dream come true.

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

As someone who's an avid fan of westerns, I must say that I do certainly dig these character designs something fierce!

I recently bought a game called Outlaws on steam. It's an old fps game my dad used to play when I was little, and it's still fun as hell! I think playing that put me in a wild west kind of mood, which is why I've been developing this idea recently.

_oc__weird_frontier__camping_in_the_wilds_by_lordrobrainiac_demrgqv-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzcyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYTc0MGNmN2QtOGEzMC00ZGQzLTkwMDItMDViNjk5ZDhmMjIwXC9kZW1yZ3F2LTczOWZlNjQ3LTIyNDYtNDA2ZS1iZDBkLTQ4NDlmNzNjMDcxMS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.6YUchyZIQgkiJYRuw8wNqy1myqc-QuA7_hEOREf6kew

There's plenty of things to see in the wilds, along with many bandits to hunt down. Sometimes these travels will take travelers far from their homes, and having camping essentials is a must. Things like campfires, food, guns or wands, a guitar, and a partner who can transform into a giant creature.

When there's no monsters or bandits around, a camp out in the middle of the desert can actually be a relaxing time!

(Ooooggghhh, backgrounds are still tough...) 

(Also, mostly drew this just to have wallpaper.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hero attire:

Kaori Hero by LordRobrainiac

Casual attire:

Kaori Casual by LordRobrainiac

Chroma, the guardian of Joyfuland theme park! Here's a character design that popped up in my head randomly, and I ended up making a story for her... It's a sort of Manga-esque/superhero story starring someone who becomes the first superhero on Earth thanks to an experiment conducted by her workplace, and becomes the mightiest warrior on Earth.

But as of lately, many strange creatures, aliens, ghosts, and people suddenly gaining powers have been appearing all over. Some of them are interested in challenging the so called "Mightiest Warrior on Earth." Being used to taking on mere thieves and muggers, Chroma's about to really put her skills to the test.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

_oc__living_the_long_days__main_trio_by_lordrobrainiac_deoyghw-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzgwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYTc0MGNmN2QtOGEzMC00ZGQzLTkwMDItMDViNjk5ZDhmMjIwXC9kZW95Z2h3LTcwN2U0YTU1LWQ5ZWQtNGJmZi1hZGU2LTlmY2QzZjg0OGM3Zi5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.TXHPkY-N62dHIUedKVbqFBIj92n0k_Jc5v18vjSWNJ4

Hey, finally came up with a name for a Cat guy I drew up a few days ago! 

Here's the main characters of a comic idea I've been coming up with: Comet the Cat, Captain Riptide (Aka Tide) the Goldfish, and Diesel the Dog. They come from a realm in the sky where many beings make their home. Some of these islands consist of small villages, while others contain big cities. Some are deserts, some are forests, some are large bodies of water... In this case, these three live in a village on a smaller island. In this world, it is said the denizens were once lesser creatures who were either wild or protected by ancient beings. But because of a cataclysmic event, these ancient beings disappeared, and the Lesser creatures became more intelligent, and began to change shape. Decades and decades passed, and some lesser creatures adapted and evolved, while some remained in their lesser forms. Soon, the Pets were the ones that ruled this new world.

Comet is a cat who once lived a lazy life... But after a tragic incident, Comet realizes he can't live like that and decides to train to become the strongest, to try and redeem himself. He joins a Protectors guild, dedicated to defending the Islands in the sky, where he befriends a hook wielding, cool-headed, always hungry, goldfish named Captain Riptide (Tide for short), and the dimwitted, cannon slinging, Biker Dog, Diesel. Comet himself is trying to learn how to use and perfect his psionic claws, a skill inherited from his family. 

Comet sees himself joining Protectors Guild as a chance at redemption for his once lazy lifestyle... And like Comet, Tide and Diesel seem to be seeking redemption as well. But will their positions lead them to the redemption they seek? Or will it all be too much for them?

• Thumbs Up 3

Dude this art is amazing...I love the character designs, especially Comet, he gets across the lazy and chill nature with the pose and facial expression but also just looks really cool. All these colors mesh well together and I generally just like this entire piece. Nice!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

The-Wastelanders. by LordRobrainiac

Here;s something a little different today. Since 2016, I've been in an RP group here on SSMB, "Skylanders: Dimensions" and I've been having some good times since then. Recently, I had an idea of a stand alone spinoff that takes place in the same universe, but focusing on different characters. Two of these characters were made by me in video games, and one created by some RP members in our discord, including @Failinhearts @Ryannumber1gamer and @Morganoire. I loved the design, so I just had to include her, (with permission of course!) The setting of the story is inspired by a concept by @Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon, taking place on a world made up of an amalgamation of dead worlds across the multiverse.

I kind of compare this story to something like Tales from the Borderlands, where it focuses on completely new characters, but the characters in the RP exist in this universe and may even run into them from time to time. 

LurksInDungeon by LordRobrainiac

This character was someone I made in Skyrim, an Argonian named "Lurks-in-Dungeons" (Aka Lurk) archeologist, sword for hire, and savior of Skyrim. Unfortunately, due to a cataclysmic event, Lurk finds himself in a ruined mashup of worlds. Unsure of what to do and Trying to make the best of this situation, he  sets off to explore the brand new ruins that lay before him, to learn and theorize about the strange world he's trapped in. 

IngressLivingPortal(mask) by LordRobrainiacIngressLivingPortal(Nomask) by LordRobrainiac

This character originated in Minecraft, where I threw a bunch of stuff together in the character creation... I ended up really liking the end result! This is Ingrid, an expert survivalist with a massive ego. Like Lurk, she travels the Scraplands to seek treasure. Unlike Lurk, her goal is to find treasures to that can give her more power. Lurk and Ingrid tend to argue a lot, but at the end of the day, they're still good firends.

Stormell by LordRobrainiac  

And Finally, a character not made by me, but by some fellow RP members and discord members, Stormell, from Skylanders Imaginators. This character serves as the muscle of the group, and is a very upbeat, optimistic dragon lady with a fondness for Jazz music. For a long time, she was trapped in a crystal, only to be freed by Lurk and Ingrid. The three end up getting along very well, and they all decide to work together if they want to survive the cruel lands of this strange world. And thus the Scraplanders were born!

So yeah, just some characters I want to use for a potental spinoff project of the RP, probably in a comic format. If I ever do get start on it, I hope you all look forward to it!

• Thumbs Up 4

Very good! Nice to see this idea coming together quite well!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

deqfpxn-0afc202b-c4b6-4dbd-9a27-bca3309fe4ad.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2E3NDBjZjdkLThhMzAtNGRkMy05MDAyLTA1YjY5OWQ4ZjIyMFwvZGVxZnB4bi0wYWZjMjAyYi1jNGI2LTRkYmQtOWEyNy1iY2EzMzA5ZmU0YWQucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.pDMDFR28IwqFxneOmzcEbnyD6D1s8Ue1cFOmvd8LflM

A Halloween/horror themed character popped into my head one day and I just had to draw her. After a while I ended up thinking of a Christmas guy and a Easter egg bun.

The Halloween character in the middle is an amalgamation of some horror monsters. I named her Trixie, a fun loving monster who loves candy.

The Egg is an Easter bunny, Eggmund. He's kinda cynical and grumpy. Nothing much to say about his design, just a simple fun one.

And finally, Aradon McTwinklecake, a shy Christmas elf who sets out to explore the world beyond. I've been wanting to make a combination of a high fantasy elf with a Christmas elf for a while now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's an experimental piece inspired by Gurren Lagann's eyecatches with Comet in his training outfit. Given that the story behind for my characters, Comet, Diesel, and Tide was manga/anime inspired, I thought they would be the perfect candidates for this pic.

Shading is tough, but it was fun.

This angle though, oof. It's Easier for characters with simple anatomy like Comet, but still tricky. Had to completely redraw it at some point.

_oc__comet__spirit_of_courage_by_lordrobrainiac_deqtxdx-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9ODgxIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYTc0MGNmN2QtOGEzMC00ZGQzLTkwMDItMDViNjk5ZDhmMjIwXC9kZXF0eGR4LTA4MDgzZGNkLWFkYTQtNGUyOS04MWYyLWM0ODhhZTFkMWY5OS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.cgEWQgcw4bQ7KSFITPipKxXWEbWJ7w7L0ofPZXOsAN4

Comet, a aloof cat who has the desire to becoem a great hero like his parents, his grandparents, and everyone who came before him.

Unfortunately, he has a tendency to leave well enough alone, and will not improve his skills if he's satisfied. However, after a tragedy struck his homeland, Comet realizes his laziness will not help anyone, and sets off to train and protect his home from those who wish to harm it. He teams up with fellow school mates, Lady Riptide and Diesel to train together and become the greatest protectors in their land. Comet doesn't want any more tragedy to strike his home, nor does he want any more deaths at the hands of evil. Because of this, he is willing to risk his life to do so.

While this cat doesn't have any fancy weaponry, his family have been blessed with the sharpest claws known to man, thus giving Comet his means of combat.

• Thumbs Up 1

Part 2 of 3 of my Comet trio pics. This time with more Diesel, his beloved motorcycle, and foreshortened hand this time around. The foreshortening in this one was much difficult this time around. 

Whereas Comet relies on his claws, fists, feet, and tail, Diesel's weapons of choices include a cannon and his motorcycle.

_oc__diesel__spirit_of_determination_by_lordrobrainiac_deqtwik-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTEwMSIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2E3NDBjZjdkLThhMzAtNGRkMy05MDAyLTA1YjY5OWQ4ZjIyMFwvZGVxdHdpay02MGIzODIxNi1mNzZkLTQ0NDgtOTg5Mi0yYzg4OGU0YjJmNjcucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.M2M-lhWQN0MGX9jzIp0ujgpyIKcaelr5lD93RvqUDlc

Diesel is not the brightest bulb in the box, and would rather use his trusty magic cannon and motorcycle to fight and ask questions later. Being a fan of experimenting, Diesel often tries to come up with creative ways to take out his enemies, whether it be using the enviroment around him, exploiting their weaknesses, or just rushing in with whatever pops into his mind first.

Diesel is often considered stupid by most of his peers and enemies, but he's really just an excitable person with big dreams and fantasies. Diesel is often very hurt whenever he is called stupid, and at one point of his life, his recklessness got some people killed. This event has haunted him for life, and is reluctant to fight when there are bystanders nearby.

However when there's only him, people who are capable of fighting and a crowd of enemies, he lets his creativity flow, firing his cannon, using it as a blunt weapon if he's all out. and running enemies over with his motorcycle. Diesel is not one to stay unconcious or stay laying down, as he always picks himself back up when faced with danger. Enemies will say he's too stupid to stay down, but his friends, Comet and Tide, will say his admirable determination is what keeps him from being knocked out.

• Thumbs Up 1

And finally, the last of my trio of Pics:

[OC]: Lady Riptide, Spirit of Hope

Lady Riptide, aka Tide, is one of the calmest people known to her friends, and is often the one to calm her friends Comet and Diesel down when they're feeling out of it. 

Lady Riptide is a goldfish who uses a spell to change herself into someone who can walk the surface. But when night comes, she must revert to her true, fishy form and recharge her powers. Because of this, she doens't use a lot of magical powers, other than swimming through the air, making her one the swiftest of her friends. 

At a suprisingly young age, Tide was once a merciless assassins for a mysterious group... Because her life revolved around death and the worst humantiy had to offer, Tide was once a much more bitter person than she is now. One day, she began to question what she was doing and left the group to find herself. After leaving, she learned to keep herself cool in bad situations and learned how to keep herself in a healthy state of mind. She's often the one Comet and Diesel go to when they want advice.

Tide is somewhat pacifistic, only fighting if she really has to. Her hook is used to grip onto things and fling them, and she rarely (if ever) uses the hook to harm anyone, opting to use the blunt side to attack enemies.

Overall... fun experiment, tough, took a lot of time... but I liked how they came out.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

_oc__comicopolis__mawlie_cruz_aka_missabyss_by_lordrobrainiac_derxzwm-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjQ4IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYTc0MGNmN2QtOGEzMC00ZGQzLTkwMDItMDViNjk5ZDhmMjIwXC9kZXJ4endtLWU1MTg0NjRmLWIyODEtNDlkMy05YWVjLWRlOGE1NjhmYzgyZS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.aNCAuLVMEaWlg0u0WWcT4tIySWa0t4Y3osgfKPryCNI

A character who popped in my head recently. I initially envisioned her as a piranha-like creature, but she evolved into a superheroine with razor sharp teeth, a powerful jaw, an eccentric personality, and the wearer of the tackiest superhero costume ever. 

Everything you need to know about the character is pretty much in this art piece, but I wanted to do something creative for her. I hope y'all enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Today, we have to pics from the same story idea!

_oc__a_crew_of_a_kind_by_lordrobrainiac_det3259-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTgyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYTc0MGNmN2QtOGEzMC00ZGQzLTkwMDItMDViNjk5ZDhmMjIwXC9kZXQzMjU5LTlhOTY0NGYxLTAxOWItNGNiOC05NmIzLTZiMmQxMWJlZWZlMC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.atfftI75UGzyoedGkMSqKwmvRMlENmnTzQczgN1F7D8

Robo-George and Space Puppy are characters that I made a comic of waaaaaaaay back when I was a kid. Here, they've been rebooted and now have a crew of their own. 

George is the reluctant captain of the ship, always cautious but wants what's best for his team.

Pup is the second in command and the pilot, a very happy go lucky and enthusiastic member, but a loyal friend to the end.

Halley is the team's engineer. She's very shy and quiet, but she's an expert at what she does and can fix everything.

Max is a mischievous alien with attitude who serves as the ship's janitor. It's not a cool job, but at least he can listen to music.

Holo is the ship's built in AI and navigator. Very polite and helpful, but tends to be prideful and refuses to admit mistakes.

Marai the ship's muscle, and medic, a fairy-like warrior who tries her best to keep a calm composure... but with a crew like this, it's hard to do so!

_oc__a_crew_of_a_kind__duel_of_the_fae_by_lordrobrainiac_det65sn-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTU4NCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2E3NDBjZjdkLThhMzAtNGRkMy05MDAyLTA1YjY5OWQ4ZjIyMFwvZGV0NjVzbi04NzhiNjg2ZC1kMTFkLTQ4NzQtYTBhYy03N2E5Y2I5YTA3Y2YucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.LWL66usYPPD58GaJ1QkICVCzOKujJ9-nLcHN3TzeqFI

Looks like our heroes are in a bit of a predicament. Robo- George and Space Puppy have been captured by the dreaded Edge Knight! Fortunately, Edge Knigbt is about to meet his match, as a brave heroic fairy known as Marai has come to their rescue! Crystaline swords clash, and whoever wins will determine the fate of the two space explorers. 

George is a bit worried that he'll get caught in the middle of this duel, while Space Puppy tries to decide which adorable little warrior he can give headpats to.

Also, we get a look at Pup's true form... An alien dog blob who controls a robot suit!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Now for something rare: the fan art part of the topic title! Wha?

So... How about that Pibby Trailer huh? It's looking pretty cool. Maybe it's too soon to be making fanart... But there already seems to be an entire fanbase who would disagree with me, so hey, if you can't beat em, join em! So I doodled some expressions for the title character Pibby.

Spoiler'd for blood. It's nothing any more graphic than what the trailer shows, but just in case people are still squeamish with that stuff.

Spoiler

_fan_art__pibby_by_lordrobrainiac_deu3im8-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjgzIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYTc0MGNmN2QtOGEzMC00ZGQzLTkwMDItMDViNjk5ZDhmMjIwXC9kZXUzaW04LTJiNmQ3NGM3LTEwNzYtNGExZC1hNWU0LWU1N2Y2M2VlOTc0ZC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.qI3ozGGMvNes9Gnow3tHF_jn6WjtRzlnUrC6BMIoFNU

Also related is some art related to the RP I'm currently in, featuring Pibby interacting with some of my fellow RPers. (In case you couldn't tell I'm really considering adding Pibby as a character in the RP.)

PibbyRP.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

Not too bad!

The proportions are alright, but it's not perfect.

tips:

Don't shade with black on colored drawings, it makes your character look dirty, instead, try to use warmer/darker colors in adjacent to the flat color you're basing off of. 

And for human drawings, try to draw real human beings, attempt realism, and train in that terrain until you get it right, because if you do, will understand human anatomy, and then you'll be able to draw humans/anime well!

Edited by Pumkin_22
need to add somethin quick lol
  • Nice Smile 1

3 hours ago, Pumkin_22 said:

Not too bad!

The proportions are alright, but it's not perfect.

tips:

Don't shade with black on colored drawings, it makes your character look dirty, instead, try to use warmer/darker colors in adjacent to the flat color you're basing off of. 

if you're referring to the upper pictures, that was a stylistic choice, based off the Gurren Lagann eyecatches. I am aware black colors are not that it's not typically encouraged when it comes to shading, but it was an experimental thing.

If you're referring to other pics... any advice on what colors to use? Colors are hard for me to understand... Hell, I struggle to keep my shading consistant.

3 hours ago, Pumkin_22 said:

And for human drawings, try to draw real human beings, attempt realism, and train in that terrain until you get it right, because if you do, will understand human anatomy, and then you'll be able to draw humans/anime well!

ew, noooo! no realism gross i draw to get away from reality not observe it

Okay, okay I kid. But I am not gonna lie, I've always hated drawing realistically and I hate drawing real humans. Any reason I give will just be some lame excuse, whether it be it makes me bored or simply not liking, so I'm not going to justify it and just practice through the pain.

Any tips on at least making realism exciting for me? Or at least keep myself from getting too frustrated?

3 minutes ago, Emperor Robrainiac said:

if you're referring to the upper pictures, that was a stylistic choice, based off the Gurren Lagann eyecatches. I am aware black colors are not that it's not typically encouraged when it comes to shading, but it was an experimental thing.

If you're referring to other pics... any advice on what colors to use? 

ew, realism, gross i draw to get away from reality not observe it

Okay, okay I kid. But I am not gonna lie, I've always hated drawing realistically and I hate drawing real humans. Any reason I give will just be some lame excuse, whether it be it makes me bored or simply not liking, so I'm not going to justify it and just work through the pain.

Any tips on at least making realism exciting for me? Or at least keep myself from getting too frustrated?

Bah, it's alright, you gotta do it sooner or later anyway, also, tbh I don't like the style of shading with black, looks weird af, and the characters look dirty imo

1 minute ago, Pumkin_22 said:

Bah, it's alright, you gotta do it sooner or later anyway, also, tbh I don't like the style of shading with black, looks weird af, and the characters look dirty imo

I've had some people say they liked the pieces with the shading and I find it fun to do so I dunno... *shrugs*

That said, If more people object to this style, I'll probably do away with it.  Again, it's experimental and not how I usually shade, so It wouldn't be a big loss.