Awoo.

Complete Playstation Home's E3 quests, get access to Killzone Mercenary Beta, 30 days PS+ & more!

Badnik Mechanic

So we all more or less agree that Playstation Home isn't that great. Well... every E3 Sony has a virtual E3 booth and usually you can win various 'Home' rewards such as special limited edition items.

This year, things have changed. The Prizes are no longer tied to Home items, they're still digital but they actually have a use. The best part is, so long as you complete the quests, you win the prize, there is no limit or overall winner. Everyone who enters can win so long as they do the quests.

Edit: Theres around 20 awards in total, only they've not announced everything yet.

The following prizes are up for grabs

8zEye7M.jpg

6zx7vM3.jpg

oChjj3P.jpg

fSMlfaw.jpg

KBj8hYy.jpg

pFqmNIJ.jpg

you first have to visit the virtual E3 booth and register, once you do that you've already got the Beyond 2 Souls theme. Then I guess it's just work on what prizes you want, I quite like the look of the killzone beta.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/05/take-a-virtual-tour-of-playstations-e3-booth-in-ps-home/

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh hell.. I remember that moment when I played HOME for 10 minutes. Ew

But these prizes? Ugh. Ok, I'll do it.

8949887559_60c7c6138d_z.jpg

yesyeysyesyeyseysyesyesyes

Just had a look on the blog. The playstation plus thing sounds like it's for either non PSN+ users, or people who don't have never had a subscription before.

They've confirmed that if you already have the subscription then the 30 days won't be added to your current lot as it's "just a trial." With that in mind, it sounds like it'll only be for people who have never been subscribed to it before much like how usual trials can be.

However they do say that the codes can be given away to friends. I almost want to see if I can trade an EU code for a US one and see if the US content will work with my main EU account that is PSN+.

Oh and...

Oh yeah, there are about 20 total rewards, including several I can’t talk about quite yet. Like always, the rewards are mostly game-themed. I believe this is more than we’ve ever released in the annual E3 virtual booth.

So theres more rewards to be announced.

So if I complete the quest, do I automatically get the PS plus code or does it just enter me into a contest?

As mentioned, when you complete the quest you get it.

So I just went onto home.

The E3 space is now in the navigation area for both the EU and US. When you select it you have to download the space (around 30MB). Once downloaded, go to it.

You then get a small slide show saying 'thank you for pre-registering' You then get told you've got the beyond 2 souls theme, and you'll recieve your code to download it once you return to the space on June 10th/11th.

They also show a bunch of E3 reward items for home and say 'come back on June 10th/11th for your prize and more rewards.

So it sounds like when you complete rewards in home, you get the code in Home and then use it for... whatever it is you want.

Do you know what the rewards are? As in, a complete list?

I did about half of them. Scored PS+, Music Unlimited, HOME items, themes, and a Killzone beta.

word of warning. I did all the quests. however it doesnt save your progress you have to do them all again if you disconnect.

look this up before you start as the space has a ton of problems. I think I missed out on the beta and  free nobile games thanks to how poor the deisgn team are. will explain more later.

p.s it takes 1.5 hours to finish, last quest is to wait in a room for over 30 min. Yes I'm serious.

Actually I read earlier that Sony is aware of the issues and will be fixed. So don't restart the E3 quest, just wait for the fix.

Two of the 4 codes I got from this work... epic.

Oh yeah, there is an amazing trick for this space too. Say you do one of those 'read the kiosk information quests or 'watch the trailer' things.

Walk upto the kiosks.

Press X.

Press O

Thats it. You don't have to read any of the information or wait for anything to load up.

Then just go back to the quest booth and do the trivia, even if you get an answer wrong you can just redo the quiz instantly, theres only 2 trivia games which have more than 3 questions in the 3 question rotation and most of them is just guess work or a quick internet look up away.

This trick also works with the 'photo' booth quests... don't need to take the photo, just 'activate' the statue and then back out.

I used the PS+ trial code and I had a subscription earlier this year, so as long as you are not a current subscriber you will be able to use it.

EU Home members do not recieve the following.

* Killzone Beta

* The 2 free games.

... ... .Cheers SCEE.

I used the PS+ trial code and I had a subscription earlier this year, so as long as you are not a current subscriber you will be able to use it.

Oh really? I thought if you had been a member previously you couldn't use it?

No, it just doesn't stack. I guess this trial code works differently.