Awoo.

New to Sonic the Comic?

The Stiv™

The art in those panels is wonderful. I'm so jealous of the skill that went into them. Robotnik and Super sonic Panels especially.

This should just be its own super comic to cover all the basics. Maybe it could be in parts to cover different sets of the timeline?

Bear in mind how many artists will be working on this thing. Organising them all so that there's a comic would be a nightmare.

It's been said already, but that art really is nice.

When I'm reading the dialogue, Sonic has a generic English accent in my head

Ya, this is cool, and it will be nice to see what this is all about, all cant wait to see this take on chaotix mighty(and nack!)

Really cool project. Looking forward to seeing more!

And holycow Jon Gray. I knew you had someone from Archie but didn't expect him! :D So awesome.

I have a question, I'm in america and been wondering for a while. is sonic the comic still running? i been reading Sonic The Hedgehog.

I have a question, I'm in america and been wondering for a while. is sonic the comic still running? i been reading Sonic The Hedgehog.

Unfortunately not. It officially stopped running in 2002 I think?

Although there is a fan continuation.

Y'know I never got a chance to read any of the old Fleetways. I always took the Archie route because my uncle started me on Archie. I didn't learn about Fleetway until 2002, ironically when the comic ended.

I've always been dangerously curious about StC; yet I never really went 'into' it.

The art for this so far has been stellar. Personal fav to Super Sonic and the poor, poor Death Egg Robot.

Loving Dubs' take on STC's Super Sonic. This should be a fun trip down memory lane.

I don't suppose you'll manage to get any other Archie artists in on this? :P

I really applaud this effort! It's a nice, simplified way to explain the continuity and loads of fun to read with how it breaks the Fourth Wall and admits some parts make no sense or are just ridiculous in hindsight.

Interesting to see Jon Gray's work on the comic as well; his style fits comedic things better but I think Super Sonic's design is crazy enough he actually works really well with it.

As I've said elsewhere, I think this is a fantastic idea for both new and older readers.

For me as an oldie it's really nice to see these classic STC moments redrawn and summarised, they're sort of like a revision card! biggrin.png The humour is very fitting as well. For new readers it's telling them that STC's history is very different from all other Sonic media, and it's introducing them to the STC-specific characters as well, such as the Kintobor computer.

The artwork by the usual STCO team is awesome as always, but getting Archie artists involved as well is bloody fantastic! biggrin.png Jon Gray's Super Sonic works so well!! Look at him, he looks proper insane! biggrin.png

Well done guys, this is a great idea and has been executed brilliantly!

Edited by MamboCat

Loving Dubs' take on STC's Super Sonic. This should be a fun trip down memory lane.

I don't suppose you'll manage to get any other Archie artists in on this? tongue.png

Word is that there are more Archie artists to come. Maybe just one, maybe more, I dunno. The only thing I managed to wrangle in terms of info is that Evan Stanley was not one of them.

I'm hoping for Yardley, personally.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's fairly interesting Miss Stanley isn't one of the artists involved. She's a major Sonic fan outside her official work so I find it surprising she'd turn it down. Therefore my guess is she's just being worked so heavily between Archie and her own projects she just can't find the time.

Darn shame, really!

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I'm not sure if she's specifically a fan of STC, though.

Also she's working hard on Archie work and Ghosts of the Future. Which is awesome. :B

Unfortunately not. It officially stopped running in 2002 I think?   Although there is a fan continuation.
Unofficial continuation… given the sorts of people who've been contributing material of late… I'd be loathe to describe Nigel Kitching as a "fan".

Unofficial continuation… given the sorts of people who've been contributing material of late… I'd be loathe to describe Nigel Kitching as a "fan".

I'm really not going to be drawn into an argument over this so lets just stick to the facts.

It's started by fans, its not endorsed by Sega, nor is it paying a fee to Sega for the Sonic license, nor has it a license from egmont fleetway either. if I'm wrong on any of those things feel free to correct me.

If I'm not wrong with those things (especially the license fee point), it's a fan continuation, not an official product. Doesn't matter who works on it. .... and... also the fact it says so on STCO's own website is kinda a giveaway.

"Unofficially official" is the term they like to use, I think... biggrin.png

Indeed!

All the original comic higher ups (Kitching, Dobbyn, Elson) give moral support to it as well, which is where the "official" comes from, as memory serves!

I'm really not going to be drawn into an argument over this so lets just stick to the facts.   It's started by fans, its not endorsed by Sega, nor is it paying a fee to Sega for the Sonic license, nor has it a license from egmont fleetway either. if I'm wrong on any of those things feel free to correct me.   If I'm not wrong with those things (especially the license fee point), it's a fan continuation, not an official product. Doesn't matter who works on it. .... and... also the fact it says so on STCO's own website is kinda a giveaway.
Not quibbling over any of those things (although I don't see how Egmont could issue a license given it doesn't legally own any aspect of STC, which is more than can be said of the original creators). Do you consider Nigel Kitching, who wrote most of the original run of STC and wrote the lead strip in the most recent issue, to be a "fan"?

It's a fan product that's endorsed by prior official writers. That's a much better accolade than most fan projects get, but it doesn't mean that it's not a fan product.

And I speak as someone who enjoys StCO.

Do you consider Nigel Kitching, who wrote most of the original run of STC and wrote the lead strip in the most recent issue, to be a "fan"?

Oh for crying out loud.

"I hire the Ford workers to build me a car. I Now have a Ford car"

It's a fan product.

Oh for crying out loud.   "I hire the Ford workers to build me a car. I Now have a Ford car"   It's a fan product.
What if those Ford workers owned some of the IP?