Awoo.

New to Sonic the Comic?

The Stiv™

For God's sakes, what is the point of this argument other than to argue? StCO is a fan continuation. Arguing over semantic details because one of the official writers works on it is useless quibbling. Let's get back to the much interesting topic of this particular timeline comic.

• Thumbs Up 3

I really like the art in this timeline. I like Sonic the Comic overall, even if the art in general hasn't really wowed me, but these are great! Especially the Death Egg Robo VS Super Sonic panel. I'd love to see Jon Gray contribute to actual STCO issues sometime, as unlikely as that is D:

Well i keep away from STC online since it's unofficial. So i'd class that as ''Bootleg'' (IMO) Though i am a very huge fan of the Official STC's that use to be published a long time ago in the UK. Shame they stopped making them.  But as far as quality and style goes as far as art is concerned, my favourite artist is Mr Richard Elson. An elite at best.

Bootleg? No, bootlegs are products that try to pass themselves off as being the official product instead, most often for money. StCO acknowledges that it's unofficial (albeit with endorsement from prior official comic staff), and doesn't operate for money either. It's a fan product, but it's not a bootleg.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well i keep away from STC online since it's unofficial. So i'd class that as ''Bootleg'' (IMO) Though i am a very huge fan of the Official STC's that use to be published a long time ago in the UK. Shame they stopped making them.  But as far as quality and style goes as far as art is concerned, my favourite artist is Mr Richard Elson. An elite at best.

I implore you not to avoid STCO simply because it's not official - Lots of people enjoy reading the issues, thousands actually.

You don't have to accept it as a canon contunuity if you don't want to but a lot of people lik eto, even simply as a 'what could have been' scenario.

• Thumbs Up 4

While I never read StCO, I keep it in my thoughts as the continuation of the original for 'consistency'. All these years of stories and art made me feel it really is where the original run left off from.

I would LOVE to start reading it, I had a couple of issues of the original StC (had two with Perfect Chaos in) and my brother had a lot more.

Unfortunately the only Internet I can use is my iPod (my fiancée has kinda claimed my laptop for herself). Are they readable online or is it a download?

I'm saddened by this topic.

Mostly because it serves to remind me we're only getting these once a week ;n; I'm loving the art so far, Jon Gray's contribution shocked the hell out of me!

Also bootleg? Dude really? That's straight up insulting D: that suggests it's a non quality comic but I assure you it's far from it. Give it a read sometime before you make your opinion, you might like it. Hell in the anniversary issue of STCONLINE it has the Nigels working on it so it's almost like you're reading the original!

Edited by Quacku

I would LOVE to start reading it, I had a couple of issues of the original StC (had two with Perfect Chaos in) and my brother had a lot more. Unfortunately the only Internet I can use is my iPod (my fiancée has kinda claimed my laptop for herself). Are they readable online or is it a download?
Yeah but you can download things to your iPod, surely? Just need a CBR reader app of which there are plenty.

I implore you not to avoid STCO simply because it's not official - Lots of people enjoy reading the issues, thousands actually.

You don't have to accept it as a canon contunuity if you don't want to but a lot of people lik eto, even simply as a 'what could have been' scenario.

Oh a agree. I didn't say i hated it, but just simply ain't interested. Bootleg just don't do it for me i'm afraid. There's nothing wrong with ''what if scenarios'' at all.

Well not so good at downloading things to my iPod, I can open and view PDFs but that's it, I once looked at a comic app, to read some of the Archie's, but you had to download them onto your computer and then into the app :/

Oh a agree. I didn't say i hated it, but just simply ain't interested. Bootleg just don't do it for me i'm afraid. There's nothing wrong with ''what if scenarios'' at all.

But it's NOT a bootleg, why do you keep harping on that? It's not trying to pass itself as the real deal, it's frontal in that it's fan-made and unofficial. If I print it and sell it in Russia as "Sonic the Hedgehog", THAT'S bootleg. Not what they're doing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well not so good at downloading things to my iPod, I can open and view PDFs but that's it, I once looked at a comic app, to read some of the Archie's, but you had to download them onto your computer and then into the app :/
Get the Cloudreaders app. Will do what you're looking for.

But it's NOT a bootleg, why do you keep harping on that? It's not trying to pass itself as the real deal, it's frontal in that it's fan-made and unofficial. If I print it and sell it in Russia as "Sonic the Hedgehog", THAT'S bootleg. Not what they're doing.

Excuse my English. When i mean ''Bootleg'' i'm just meaning ''Unofficial'' or ''Fan Made'' despite what you call it, you won't get me interested in it. There is far too much Fan characters and ''Fan Made'' rubbish already. And that sort of stuff i avoid. Like i say on my profile 'Love the Sonic The Hedgehog series hate the fan base'

Excuse my English. When i mean ''Bootleg'' i'm just meaning ''Unofficial'' or ''Fan Made'' despite what you call it, you won't get me interested in it. There is far too much Fan characters and ''Fan Made'' rubbish already. And that sort of stuff i avoid. Like i say on my profile 'Love the Sonic The Hedgehog series hate the fan base'

So now having conceded that your definition was off you're resorting to insulting the product? "Fan made rubbish"? By your own account you haven't even seen it. So why not give it a try before dismissing it in such unpleasant terms? Here's a pair of stand-alone tales that Nigel Kitching singled out for praise a couple of years ago.

http://www.stconline.co.uk/240/240/r1.htm

http://www.stconline.co.uk/ANNIVERSARY2008/ANNIVERSARY2008/strip1_1.html

Edited by richardandjudy

So now having conceded that your definition was off you're resorting to insulting the product? "Fan made rubbish"? By your own account you haven't even seen it. So why not give it a try before dismissing it in such unpleasant terms? Here's a pair of stand-alone tales that Nigel Kitching singled out for praise a couple of years ago.

http://www.stconline.co.uk/240/240/r1.htm

http://www.stconline.co.uk/ANNIVERSARY2008/ANNIVERSARY2008/strip1_1.html

Just because i don't like it, doesn't mean i didn't try it out before. I have indeed read issues and looked around the site. Therefore i gave my opinion and don't like it. Simple. I'm fully aware that some of the artists who worked on the original STC issues have helped out on STCO, but apart from that...yea...not interested. 

Sure, be not interested. We're just taking issue with you barging in to call what they're working in hard and we can appreciate "bootleg" (implying a scam) and "fanmade rubbish".

Sure, be not interested. We're just taking issue with you barging in to call what they're working in hard and we can appreciate "bootleg" (implying a scam) and "fanmade rubbish".

*sigh* I'm not implying that they're not working hard on STCO at all. What else are you going to accuse me with ? >_> That's just my opinion. I'm sure there are a lot of things with the official STC mags that  you don't like, but you don't see my crying about it.  

Fan made to me is just like spam in an email box. Annoying and pointless. But like i said this is just my opinion. And as an individual i respect other opinions and move on. Just like everyone else. 

Edited by SegaSuperStar

We're going in circles now since you're not quite grasping the reach of what you said, why people reacted like that, and what you're continuing to say. You came into an StCO thread, told them they were bootlegs, implying low quality tricking itself as being better to scam people. Then you say its fanmade rubbish. Why do you think people aren't responding nicely?

I fully understand what i'm saying to you and other fans of STCO. What i can't quite grasp is why people on here can't accept other people's opinions. I may of insulted or implied a different word such as ''bootleg'' which i'll agree was the wrong word to use, but i kinda see it that way.  

Anyway. i never said that STCO was to ''scam'' people or trick people at all. I didn't even use those words so i don't know why you're putting words into my mouth and twisting things. I know that the artists on STCO as well as official artists who helped out on STCO have done a good job and have given fans who missed the official STC mags ages some closure and enjoyment. But as far as quality goes and story lines, they ain't no where as good as the Official STC Magazines. But again that's just my opinion. I respect the artists for what they do on STCO,but it doesn't do anything for me and don't like it. 

I think it was the insult rather than the opinion that people were taking issue with.

Like i said it's just my opinion. They can take it how they want. If they can't respect my opinion then why should i bother respecting there's. Free country. Freedom of speech. 

End of discussion.

An insult isn't an opinion, and if it is, it's certainly no opinion worth the time to listen to.

Edited by Captain Harlock