Awoo.

New to Sonic the Comic?

The Stiv™

You're free to dislike our work. But insulting it ? No sir. You could have apologized and it would have ended. Don't even use the "freedom of speech" excuse. You've been disrespectful.

Sooo... I wonder what's up next on the timeline? We just had Super appearing and Omni throwing the guys 6 months into the future, soooo... next one is Amy's introduction, maybe? :B

Ooh, noo.. too soon? Megatox?! :D

Edited by MamboCat

I'm really glad for the timeline! I have read a lot of the original StC when my brother had them and in the past week I've started reading StCO and am loving it! But most of me can't remember some of the other things ( I rememberd about ok Knitobor and Super but not about the omni viewer and the time travel bit so I'm sure there was more I missed! Hey I was like 5-7 at the time :P)

Due to my personal fixation on the character and his nature, I tend to most fondly remember the issues with Super Sonic in them; I also prioritise his appearances whenever I'm collecting comics for my collection.

This is most certainly a good outline however for the more minor details. It's really helping establish just how different the timeline is, with all the main points being of course:

-Sonic's look is the result of an experiment

-Same experiment created Robotnik

-Sonic is a grade A douchebag

-Super Sonic is evil (unless you hit him with an EMP in which case he suddenly becomes docile and more comparable to the game Sonic if he had no will to fight whatsoever)

-Sonic is a Grade A douchebag

-The whole plot stems from the "Send the hero into the future so I can conquer the world in peace" trope without going into the usual "Go back to the past and fix it schtick." The comic actually twists going into the past in a whole other way... though of course I won't spoil that for those not in the know. ;)

-The continuity is more on par with the Adventures of Sonic world than the Archie comics, which are closer to the games and SatAM timelines

-In line with the above, the continuity tends to take more of a spin on concepts than the Archie strip, which is more fond of adapting the games to the comic world as accurately as possible

-Did I mention Sonic's a douchebag?

07.jpg

Art by Dean Shanghanoo
This panel encapsulates Robotnik's reign of terror as the dictator of Mobius, a period of time commonly referred to as RBR (Ruled by Robotnik). This was the comic's status quo from issue #9's "Back To Reality" all the way up to issue #100's "The Final Victory." Robotnik had many bases of opeations during this time but seen here is Citadel Robotnik, which made its début in issue #55. Trooper Badniks were also first seen in issue #9 and appeared more often than the game badniks as Robotnik's primary cannon fodder in the comic through this period.

08.jpg

Art by Marcus Stockley
The founding members of the Freedom Fighters are represented here, Sonic and Tails we've talked about a little bit already - Porker Lewis made his debut in the very first issue story "Enter: Sonic", while Johnny Lightfoot didn't get a named appearance till issue #8, although an unnamed rabbit character which might be interpreted as him did crop up back in issue #5's story "Lost in the Labyrinth Zone". Both Porker and Johnny are based on the animals critters rescued at the end of the classic game levels, and owe some of their design to early concept art for the "Sonic the Hedgehog" Saturday morning cartoon series (or SatAM for you acronym fans!)

09.jpg

Art by Matthew Bramble
Here we have a cavalcade of STC stars, starting with Amy Rose, inspired by the character who first appeared in Sonic CD, and who made her STC debut in issue #21's "Girl Trouble. Next is Shorty the Squirrel who becomes the doomed (to repeat himself) hero Shortfuse the Cybernik in issue #45's Sonic's World strip "Enter the Cybernik" and Last but by no means least is Capatain Plunder and his first mate Filch the ghost, who both made their first appearances in issue #23's "Pirates of the Mystic Cave."

Edited by The Stiv™
  • Thumbs Up 3

-Sonic's look is the result of an experiment

-Same experiment created Robotnik

I don't think it's the same experiment. STC Sonic gets his speed from breaking the sound barrier in one of Kintobor's gizmos when the latter gives the former his Power Sneakers! Robotnik is created from the explosion of the ROCC and the bad egg Kintobor had in his fridge because he had "forgotten to do the shopping"! biggrin.png

I have a feeling Amy's Secret Past tries to infer that Amy is pink because of exposure to a similar energy that was somehow connected to Kintobor's machine, which turned Sonic blue...

Edited by MamboCat

Splendid work by all team members involved! Especially liking the Robotnik panel for deflating the usual expectation that he would lose.

I don't think it's the same experiment. STC Sonic gets his speed from breaking the sound barrier in one of Kintobor's gizmos when the latter gives the former his Power Sneakers! Robotnik is created from the explosion of the ROCC and the bad egg Kintobor had in his fridge because he had "forgotten to do the shopping"! biggrin.png

I have a feeling Amy's Secret Past tries to infer that Amy is pink because of exposure to a similar energy that was somehow connected to Kintobor's machine, which turned Sonic blue...

On point one that was a big booboo on my part no idea why I wrote that...

On point two... I thought pretty much everyone hated that story? XD Isn't that one of Lew Stringer's? He's got a reputation for that sort of stuff if memory serves...

09.jpg

Okay... Captain Plunder made me laugh far too much with that line.

• Thumbs Up 1

Missed opportunity for a word balloon there of Shortfuse explaining he's Robotnik trapped him inside the Cybernik suit, making him Robotnik's worst nightmare as he now fights for justice and revenge for when Robotnik trapped him inside the Cybernik suit, making him Robotnik's worst nightmare as he now fights for justice and revenge for when Robotnik trapped him inside the Cybernik suit, making him Robotnik's worst nightmare as he now fights for justice and revenge for when Robotnik trapped him inside the Cybernik suit, making him Robotnik's worst nightmare as he now fights for justice and revenge for when Robotnik trapped him inside the Cybernik suit, making him Robotnik's worst nightmare as he now fights for justice and revenge for when Robotnik trapped him inside the Cybernik suit, making him Robotnik's worst nightmare as he now fights for justice and revenge for when Robotnik trapped him inside the Cybernik suit, making him Robotnik's worst nightmare as he now fights for justice and revenge for when Robotnik trapped him inside the Cybernik suit, making him Robotnik's worst nightmare as he now fights for justice and revenge for when...

• Thumbs Up 3

Missed opportunity for a word balloon there of Shortfuse explaining he's Robotnik trapped him inside the Cybernik suit, making him Robotnik's worst nightmare as he now fights for justice and revenge for when Robotnik trapped him inside the Cybernik suit, making him Robotnik's worst nightmare as he now fights for justice and revenge for when Robotnik trapped him inside the Cybernik suit, making him Robotnik's worst nightmare as he now fights for justice and revenge for when Robotnik trapped him inside the Cybernik suit, making him Robotnik's worst nightmare as he now fights for justice and revenge for when Robotnik trapped him inside the Cybernik suit, making him Robotnik's worst nightmare as he now fights for justice and revenge for when Robotnik trapped him inside the Cybernik suit, making him Robotnik's worst nightmare as he now fights for justice and revenge for when Robotnik trapped him inside the Cybernik suit, making him Robotnik's worst nightmare as he now fights for justice and revenge for when Robotnik trapped him inside the Cybernik suit, making him Robotnik's worst nightmare as he now fights for justice and revenge for when...

And that's another reason I love this comic. Its fanbase has so many wonderful little inside memes, like this one!

• 2 months later...

So this is a great place for those starting to read the comic, say were there anymore of these?