Awoo.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F Coming Soon to America and Europe!

tenchibr

What is so great about Yakuza anyway? I keep on hearing its a good game and even though I haven't looked at any gameplay of it yet, is it anything like GTA or something?

It's a beat-'em up game in a sandbox environment. I only played an hour or so of Yakuza 3 and that's what I got from it.

What is so great about Yakuza anyway? I keep on hearing its a good game and even though I haven't looked at any gameplay of it yet, is it anything like GTA or something?

It's pretty much Shenmue. And it's a glorious series.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guys, instead of complaining of what got brought in over what didn't, just learn to appreciate that something IS coming here.

Just like I said this game opens up doors for Miku to do other things, I also think this is an opportunity for other IP's to come as well. You want more Yakuza? Tell SEGA, but trust me, your wallet buying a game that they might feel right is niche at best will help them consider that decision.

In fact, tell them that too. "SEGA, I really want to see VC III here, so much that I will show you my support by purchasing Project DIVA f".

Let your money do the talking; of course, if you don't like Hatsune Miku, that's understandable, I don't mean to literally make you feel forced, but you are missing out on good music and good gameplay, vs. the garbage we have out today, both in music games and music in general.

I hope people relize one day Miku and vocaloid did not come from a game or anime. It was a voice sync program. Just like how japan markets the MS operating systems with anime girls.

I think the game will do fine. But if you really truly believe sega is going to start to place more voca programs over here and host concerts your highly kidding yourself. Sure the fanbase is unique *in not knowing its orgins* but I do not think it is that strong to truely support it. Just like with Project x zone. Another great game but will be one of those offset games that only a true fanbase will buy while the general base will not care for it really.

Why is it that everything Japanese comes out on the PSes, anyway?

Xbox does horrible in Japan and Nintendo systems usually can't handle the crazy stuff that gets brought out.

Edited by Jin Hakumen Kisaragi

Well, it probably helps that the game was made for the PSes.

Most of Hatsune Miku's audience are on the PlayStation systems. Also this game single-handedly strengthened Vita's sales in Japan.

On the 3DS and iOS, the released games on them are far inferior. But then there's the Wii U now. I don't know if Sega is going to port the next game to the Wii U or keep the main series PlayStation exclusive.

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

Most of Hatsune Miku's audience are on the PlayStation systems. Also this game single-handedly strengthened Vita's sales in Japan.   On the 3DS and iOS, the released games on them are far inferior. But then there's the Wii U now. I don't know if Sega is going to port the next game to the Wii U or keep the main series PlayStation exclusive.
Wii U + Karaoke Mode? Seems like a perfect fit.

Wii U + Karaoke Mode? Seems like a perfect fit.

Yes but again, audience. Most of the audience are on PlayStation, not Nintendo.

But Project Mirai sold enough to warrant a sequel. And how is Project Mirai inferior exactly?

It's pretty much Shenmue. And it's a glorious series.

Ah, okay, I looked up some gameplay of the 4th one yesterday and it does indeed look interesting. Might think about getting it sooner or later.

True. I would hope for a digital release, but definitely not a retail one.

Ah, okay, I looked up some gameplay of the 4th one yesterday and it does indeed look interesting. Might think about getting it sooner or later.

This is a good idea. I can't find myself really getting into games the way I used to, but Yakuza 3 and 4 absolutely sucked me right in. I put around 80-90 hours into Yakuza 4 to get all the Trophies and still didn't have 100% completion in game, they're insane(ly good). The story and characters are a big draw for me; if you walk away from these games and didn't spout some manly tears something is wrong. 

Sorry to derail, but...it's definitely a series I wish more people would try. As for Miku, I'll try and have some fun with her in the demo. Really don't know much about all of it. :)

But Project Mirai sold enough to warrant a sequel. And how is Project Mirai inferior exactly?

Well I didn't say Project Mirai did terribly bad saleswise...but it didn't sell as much compared to Vita's Project Diva f. Also it's inferior graphically and content-wise.

True. I would hope for a digital release, but definitely not a retail one.

Nahhh, retail's better. I would like a boxed copy with the disc and everything instead of a digital release. Sega made the right move on that one. They should also release it digitally if they have the chance though. I'm not against digital releases.

Well I didn't say Project Mirai did terribly bad saleswise...but it didn't sell as much compared to Vita's Project Diva f. Also it's inferior graphically and content-wise.

Nahhh, retail's better. I would like a boxed copy with the disc and everything instead of a digital release. Sega made the right move on that one. They should also release it digitally if they have the chance though. I'm not against digital releases.

I've never been a really big fan of digital releases, especially since memory cards don't exist now and digital releases happen to eat up at least one gig of the systems memory so boxed copies are always more welcome for me.

Let's bump it up! Trailer released! Demo available NOW on PSN! Try it out if you can!

• 2 months later...

*Bit of a bump*

On 27 August, SEGA announced on their blog the release date details for Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F Arrives Today for PlayStation 3!

At long last, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F is here! The game is in-stores now, will be available on PlayStation Network in North America this afternoon, and will be available on PlayStation Network in Europe September 4th! (Our apologies to EU users for the short wait.) To celebrate the launch of the game, we have a new trailer for all of you to enjoy! It features some amazing songs, and a look at both the “Miku Room” and “Edit Mode” features in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojBMj2mnj70&feature=player_embedded

In the “Miku Room”, you can interact with your favorite characters and fully customize their room with special themes, furniture, and more! You can also buy them gifts using your DIVA Points, and each will trigger a special event! “Edit Mode” lets you create your very own Rhythm videos with any song you own! The possibilities are almost limitless, and your creativity will let you build the ultimate music video featuring your favorite music. You can upload your creations online to share with your friends and the world, and we can’t wait to see what amazing videos you all will create!

A long time ago, we asked you on Facebook if you would support Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F. Your responses were overwhelming, and your voices combined into a song that paved the way for Miku’s first console game in the West. It’s because of all of you that we arrive at this day, celebrating the release of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F on PS3. We couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you all so much!

Well, SEGA asked whether the West wanted Hatsune Miku. The fans said yes, so here we are. 

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine

I've been playing the crap out of this game since I downloaded it on PSN. It's great fun, and I can't wait to unlock everything! It's definitely one of my favorite pickups of the year so far!

• 2 months later...

From the SEGA Blog

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f is coming to PS Vita

"Today we are proud to announce that Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f will be available for digital download on the PlayStation VITA North America and in Europe via Playstation Network.

The launch of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F on the PlayStation 3 was the first console game released for the franchise and was well received in the West. As a result of this successful reception, the VITA version of the game will be available for players on-the-go and will offer the same songs and features of the original version in early 2014.

Hatsune Miku, produced by Crypton Future Media,INC., is the world’s most popular digital singer and her popularity continues to increase in the West. She had over 950,000 dedicated fans outside of Japan on Facebook when we announced the PlayStation 3 version back in June. She now has more than 1.5 million fans outside of Japan to date." 

Edited by -Bender-

That's good, I was worried that this game didn't sell well because of the lack of news on it but its good to see that its getting good recognition.

• 3 months later...

Release date and price for the Vita version

"On March 4th, just under a month away, you’ll be able to download the game in full via PSN in North America! All you European readers can also look forward to the game releasing in your territory on March 12th. We’re also happy to announce the price of the game: $29.99!"

Do we know any approximate sales for the PS3 version in NA and EU? I bought the game digitally to support it as soon as I got my PS3 and I was quite surprised by how fun it was. Heck, I was just playing it 5 minutes ago. But from what I heard the game didn't sell all that well. Then again I don't know how reliable TSSZ is on this stuff. It's good knowing it'll be on PS VITA. If I ever get one in the future, I'll be sure to download this game immediately. I honestly hope that a lot of PS VITA users download the game, and hopefully we'll see Project DIVA F 2nd come to NA and EU as well. (Meanwhile I'm still waiting for a Project Mirai release in NA and EU, SEGA!)

• 3 weeks later...

Launch trailer for the Vita release:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cG78XMCv_Fw

There is also dlc that can be purchased, as detailed on SEGA's blog.

Edit: @SwiftWinds

TSSZ often get their info from vghartz whose sales figures aren't accurate. Apparently RubyEclipse (Aaron Webber) stated that SEGA were happy with the sales figures in the West.