Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Live Demo: June 11th 2PM - 3PM (ET) (Spike TV)

Badnik Mechanic

WHOA! Did anyone else see that? He jumped towards one spring and was literally right above it... then the homing attack took him to a completely different one!?

"Sonic has nods to X-Treme"

"Sonic & Eggman are teaming up to stop the Deadly Six"

WHAT

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, there are lots of places to explore indeed! I liked it!

HAHAHA THE DEATH ANNIMATION!

Edited by Jango

Aaron Webber is such an awesome guy. Really puts the game in a really positive light on live-tv

The death animation is definitely priceless. SPLAT!

If only they'd take inspiration from Crash Bandicoot or Sly Cooper and have a variety of death animations... would be glorious!

My initial reactions to watching this:

- Sonic can run in the water! I was afraid he'd drown otherwise. :3
- When the camera gets obscured behind the level, a transparent circle appears to highlight Sonic, so you can always see what's going on. Good idea. <3
- Oh hay, Cyan Wisp works exactly like I expected it to. Meh. :/
- Jumping looks much better than in the modern games: a high jump height and some mid-air control ability. It'll certainly make platforming easier.
- Didn't notice any issues with the whole twitchiness debate we had going on. He looks fun to control! :3
- More control in the free-falling sections? Yes please.
- Interesting bounce attack going on there: he can get tons of enemies in succession. It has to be automatic.

Still looking good. x3

Bottomless pits galore.

Grow some skills and avoid them dude ;) It's a non-stop running level...

Grow some skills and avoid them dude wink.png It's a non-stop running level...

I'm talking about Windy Hill, smart aleck.

Those pits are really bad design.

I'm talking about Windy Hill, smart aleck.

Those pits are really bad design.

Well, it's because of the game's own concept of being in space/sky, so...

Edited by Jango

How are pits in a sky level bad design? And not even just the sky level, but for one major section?

Well, it's because of the game's own concept of being in space/sky, so...

So... put some railings, or a ledge animation at least, to stop players accidentally running to their doom after a single false move.

How are pits in a sky level bad design? And not even just the sky level, but for one major section?

They're around too much of the stage. Edited by Blue Blood

So... put some railings, or a ledge animation at least, to stop players accidentally running to their doom after a single false move.

They're around too much of the stage.

I suppose that could be done, like in modern Sky Sanctuary. I see your point, but really, Sonic doesn't look too hard to control, and the parts with bottomless pits are just straight corridors. Makes you feel like running for your life.

Edited by Jango

I suppose that could be done, like in modern Sky Sanctuary. I see your point, but really, Sonic doesn't look too hard to control, and the parts with bottomless pits are just straight corridors. Makes you feel like running for your life.

It's not so much that he looks hard to control, it's that this is the first stage. It just needs a really little something to make the game that bit fairer. This game has a whole new control scheme and even gameplay style. A bit of mercy would be nice.

Guess ill wait for this to be on youtube or something, though by the reactions im seeing guess it isn't so hot.

If nothing else I think this ability to freely choose your speed is a good idea; traditionally the games have struggled between slower platforming or adrenaline rushes. This looks like it has something for everyone! Has SEGA finally done the impossible and made something that will satisfy all parties?!

...well no of course not. But hey, from a gameplay perspective this is a great compromise!

My favourite part is when he jumps for one spring and then the homing attack randomly takes him to a completely different one.

• Thumbs Up 2

Woun you russian son of a gun I love ya! thanks man. :D
thanks, but. Sorry, I upload slw gameplay part 2 later, i need sleep time, didnt sleep two nights. No more time and i upload.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I saw a legit super peel out.

YES!

I was really hoping they would revive that to go alongside the figure 8 - although now I am curious about how it will play into the three tier running system. Its not like Sonic has any trouble reaching his top running speed without it...