Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Live Demo: June 11th 2PM - 3PM (ET) (Spike TV)

Badnik Mechanic

So... all you have to do is hold the jump button and the homing attack with automatically activate? Not tap it like you do in previous titles?

I unfortunately missed the stream. I'm unsure.

So... all you have to do is hold the jump button and the homing attack with automatically activate? Not tap it like you do in previous titles?

I unfortunately missed the stream. I'm unsure.

I somewhat hope that thats just an optional thing, cause I actually prefer tapping than holding.

On closer look the Mario Kart U San Francisco-style stage doesn't look like City Escape that much after all.

Ah well! It was worth the hype while it lasted...

is it just me, or does this game look quite boring compared to the rest of e3...ive started to lose all hype for this now. those gameplay videos look so uninspired and generic. the graphics too... just so simple...

am i alone with this?

• Thumbs Up 1

is it just me, or does this game look quite boring compared to the rest of e3...ive started to lose all hype for this now. those gameplay videos look so uninspired and generic. the graphics too... just so simple... am i alone with this?
Sorry, good sir, but I ... really don't share such sentiments. In fact, I think it holds up quite well against the likes of Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.
  • Thumbs Up 7

Aaron is a such a nice guy and a brilliant brand manager. SLW is looking good so far from what I've seen, even the 3DS version.

is it just me, or does this game look quite boring compared to the rest of e3...ive started to lose all hype for this now. those gameplay videos look so uninspired and generic. the graphics too... just so simple...
am i alone with this?

When compared to next gens gun/medieval offerings? And don't judge until you've played it. I thought Generations looked rather bland and then I played it at SoS and loved it.

am i alone with this?

Yeah, my opinion is unchanged. It still looks great. The graphics are no more simpler than 3D World so I fail to see a problem with it, but I never had a problem with it in the first place so whatever.

I like how there is a progression line on the Gamepad and that 60fps is just delicious. Speaking of delicious, I really wanted to see Desert Ruins 1 again.

Edited by KrazyBean

am i alone with this?

No, you're definitely not. I share the same opinion and there were a lot of games at E3 that look like I'd expect Sonic games to look like. Compared to them or any other recent Sonic game SLW just looks WEAK and meh in general.

One of the main things appealing about Sonic game have always been the visuals and graphics. Even if you had little to do, you could always just watch the beautiful scenery or amazingly built techno base and just ENJOY watching it without even playing the level. In case of SLW though... After having watched the gameplay videos of it, I can say that they are all:

1. Short

2. Easy

3. Slow (for the most part)

4. making me think that their replay value will be as low as some of Colors shortest levels when you have no intention of replaying them after collecting the red star rings and S-ranking them (which is piss-easy to do by abusing the wisps).

And that candies level is the most linear thing I've seen in a while. Typical Rivals-esque highway in the sky level type with absolutely no sense of freedom. It's like you're running on a rope.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

I share the same opinion and there were a lot of games at E3 that look like I'd expect Sonic games to look like.

And those are? I'm just curious.

And those are? I'm just curious.

I'm sorry, but I'm not really into games aside from a few franchises so I didn't remember any names. Make what you want of it but I really do not remember any of them. I guess there was a game with some dudes killing monsters (Microsoft exclusive) that looked really stylish, cartoony but at the same time very cool. And I guess there were a few other games as well.

am i alone with this?

Possibly, because I still want to play this eventually.

I'm sorry, but I'm not really into games aside from a few franchises so I didn't remember any names. Make what you want of it but I really do not remember any of them. I guess there was a game with some dudes killing monsters (Microsoft exclusive) that looked really stylish, cartoony but at the same time very cool. And I guess there were a few other games as well.

Sunset Overdrive is the title.

Edited by KrazyBean

am i alone with this?

It can "look" as boring as it wants to you guys. But at the end of the day, I think it matters how it will play. I think if there were people playing besides Aaron Webber, who had some actual skills, you guys would be a bit more interested in the footage.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not as excited as I was for Generations, but that was nostalgia hype. I think the game looks good. It looks like the best platformer I saw at E3, and there were a lot of really good ones.

The first level looks really nice for a first act, alternate pathways but not so much stuff to overwhelm the player. However, the other levels look alot worse. I would expect the levels to, in general, get bigger and more open with more gimmicks to interact with as the game went on when compared with the first level. But it looks like they're just completely linear with no freedom what so ever. I'm also concerned that nothing has been mentioned about special stages or chaos emeralds.

Edited by hangarninetysix

I'm also concerned that nothing has been mentioned about special stages or chaos emeralds.

3DS Version exclusive.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

I have to admit that im actually generally excited for this game, but the video's of this guy's who keep on falling off the same ledge by the way doesn't really do it very much justice.

3DS Version exclusive.

sad.png That's really disappointing. I always really enjoyed the two tiered ending you could get. Even if you missed out on the emeralds you could still clear the game and have plenty of fun, but getting all the emeralds on one play through really have it an extra challenge and extended longevity. I always really liked how tense it could get if you were on the last possible zone to get your last emerald and you only had one shot left.

I like the look of the honeycomb and the Windy Hill levels. The dessert level... ehh, not so much.

I'm actually considering a WiiU for this! XD

The first level looks really nice for a first act, alternate pathways but not so much stuff to overwhelm the player. However, the other levels look alot worse. I would expect the levels to, in general, get bigger and more open with more gimmicks to interact with as the game went on when compared with the first level. But it looks like they're just completely linear with no freedom what so ever. I'm also concerned that nothing has been mentioned about special stages or chaos emeralds.

I feel this game is probably going the Colors route. One large regular stage, then a bunch of smaller dedicated stages. It's just speculation, though.

I think SEGA were going for showing off the different Level types. In the Demo Desert Ruins 1 (candy mountain) is actually "Act 3" on the startup screw and Desert Ruins 2 is "Act 2". So the honeycomb would come before the candy in the game progression (Please correct me if I'm wrong someone!)