Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: E3 Topic; Footage; More info

Woun

Sonic Lost World topic for E3.

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/06/07/sega-showcases-highly-anticipated-titles-at-e3-2013/

Making its hands-on debut at E3, Sonic Lost World puts Sonic up to the challenge as he faces his most powerful enemy to date – The Deadly Six! Using his dynamic new parkour moves and Color Powers, Sonic must speed across a variety of unique terrains – racing inside, outside and upside down in every level. The game will launch exclusively on the Wii U™ and Nintendo 3DS™ this Holiday as part of the recently announced partnership that makes Nintendo consoles the number one destination for Sonic gaming for the next three Sonic titles. The game marks an evolution of the Sonic series and SEGA is excited to showcase the title at E3.

IGN Gameplays here:

Edited by Woun
  • Thumbs Up 1

So does anybody think that they'll show one of the deadly six in action?

So does anybody think that they'll show one of the deadly six in action?

There are six of them.  I'm hoping they might spotlight one of them every month leading up to the game's release, or something like that.

There are six of them.  I'm hoping they might spotlight one of them every month leading up to the game's release, or something like that.

NO please don't let that happen. I would rather them keep their skills and anything special about them a secret. That's what hurt Generations and Unleashed. They spoiled most of the game waaay before the release. Heck this is enough gameplay to take us months as is. All we really need is some more info about the story. Who is important and who is not. How the multiplayer will turn out. And just slightly tease us every once in a while up until the game release.

• Thumbs Up 8

Seems to be a recurring thing where they get a sonic advertisement on the escalators. I remember the Transformed one from last year.

Sonic Lost World Escalator the sequel.

e3-2013-photo049-noscale.jpg

You can just make out the second one in the background.

Hmmm. Since the demo is going to be at E3, would that also mean that the demo will he playable at Bestbuy? If so I know what I may be doing next Tuesday.

Hmmm. Since the demo is going to be at E3, would that also mean that the demo will he playable at Bestbuy? If so I know what I may be doing next Tuesday.

I will be honest and say I doubt it, grant it that I don't work for the store that is going to get the demo, the store I work for missed out. But I've heard that its going to be 4 playable games. I doubt that it will be one of them. you have Mario U and Kart taking a definite  spot. Wind Waker HD as an extreme possibility and Pikmin 3 or the wonderful 101. there are those games potentially taking Lost World's spot on the WiiU. Now that's not to say that the 3DS version might not get it.,

Honestly that would be awesome and would generate so much hype(almost as much if they released it on the Wii-U network)

I'm interested in seeing more gameplay, obvs... but I also want to see if "Desert Ruins" really is going to be the name for that group of levels! :D I keep wondering if it's either a typo or a placeholder.

I'm interested in seeing more gameplay, obvs... but I also want to see if "Desert Ruins" really is going to be the name for that group of levels! biggrin.png I keep wondering if it's either a typo or a placeholder.

It's a pun. It's a bad pun, but it's one that New Super Mario Bros. U also used, and that's just in the past year. With this being on the Wii U as well, it's not farfetched to think SEGA would use the same pun in the same context.

I hope there's some Sonic fans who can get their hands on this and give some impressions on how it feels.

Good Lord that gameplay looks good. It's so smooth! Level is pitifully short though. :(

More like there seems to be somewhat of a difficulty curve, but I have faith that once you get the hang of it, the controls will generally be fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love watching people who can't play and just want to run in a straight line.  It's so invigorating to watch.

More like there seems to be somewhat of a difficulty curve, but I have faith that once you get the hang of it, the controls will generally be fine.

I think the key is going to be don't run before you can walk.

Controls are sensitive and Sonic is still pretty fast. You'll need to get used to the new gameplay first. This guy just literally held the run button the whole time. I wonder how many more people are gonna die at the same point though cause it's so easy to run off the ledges. It just needs a little fence and the game would be so much fairer.

Edited by Blue Blood

More Lost World footage

EDIT: lol, nevermind. It's the same playthrough filmed by someone else.

Edited by Blue Blood