Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: E3 Topic; Footage; More info

Woun

lol I was just about to post that woman.

Urm I can do if people really want them, only most of the stuff I find is literally just "I'm uploading a photo I took randomly when walking around."

Please do. Like I say, it's just nice to have everything sourced regardless of if the source means squat.

Ta smile.png

GameTrailers has some really good footage of Windy Hill. Can't embed, but I've uploaded to it to Youtube.

I'd rather listen to indecipherable rabble in the background than that music they put on there, but eh. It's good footage.

And here's a new preview from Aussie Gamer

Sonic Lost World will boast a range of new gameplay features when the game launches exclusively on Nintendo platforms later this year.

With E3 in full swing, Nintendo and Sega have released new information concerning how the game’s Wii U version will interact with Miiverse and how multiplayer will work and more.

Integrated into the Wii U version, Sonic Lost World allows players to ‘charge-up’ and share items with others via Miiverse in the interest of offering support and aid.

New multiplayer modes will also be introduced, either 2 player local competitive or co-op on Wii U and 4 player local/online on the Nintendo 3DS.

On the Wii U version, players can race against one another in two-on-two matches, one on the GamePad and the other playing on the TV screen.

If you prefer to play together, a second player can instead pilot a radio controlled gadget that can come to Sonic’s aid by destroying enemies and obstacles that may prove a challenge.

Gadgets can be built on the Nintendo 3DS version and then shared with Wii U copies of Sonic Lost World. You can share gadgets across both versions.

Exclusive to Sonic Lost World on Nintendo 3DS are special stages that use the handhelds’ gyroscope, requiring you to tilt the 3DS in order to nab the Chaos Emerald.

The game will also feature return of ‘Colour Powers’ from Sonic Colours. Both the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U version will include their own unique powers.

Sonic Lost World will launch exclusively on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U later this year.

• Wii U version is 2-player, local only
  • 3DS version is 4-player, online and local
  • Special stages require tilting
  • Gadgets can only be built on the 3DS. I'm getting flash backs to the days of GCN and GBA connectivity (which, might I add, is a good thing)
  • Miiverse sharing! Did anyone use the item sharing in Black Knight?
Edited by Blue Blood

Double post

TCF Impressions:

t’s safe to say that Sonic hasn’t been doing good lately, and when I say lately I mean the past decade or so. I kept on hearing that Sonic Lost World isn’t bad, and in fact it was good. Well, they were right, Sonic Lost World is good. The reason people loved Sonic so much is that back in the day it was a simple, straightforward game to play. Collect rings, occasionally attack enemies, run really fast, and save a capsule full of animals was all this game was about. The Sonic franchise started sliding into the gutter as soon as they tried throwing a story into the mix and adding about a billion stupid characters. Sonic Lost World is bringing Sonic back to his roots by keeping it simple and fun, very fun. I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun this game was, it felt like the original Sonic the Hedgehog, but 3D.3a711_News_IMG_0223-1024x768.jpg

Edited by Blue Blood

I...don't really see how that GT footage was good. It was better than the previous footage, but the guy still just ran in a straight line. I don't expect these players to be amazing or even good at the game but I'd at least like to see them make the effort to experiment with the game a little more. The IGN preview of Aaron Webber playing is still by far the best footage of the game we've seen so far.

I...don't really see how that GT footage was good. It was better than the previous footage, but the guy still just ran in a straight line. I don't expect these players to be amazing or even good at the game but I'd at least like to see them make the effort to experiment with the game a little more. The IGN preview of Aaron Webber playing is still by far the best footage of the game we've seen so far.

It was good footage of the game, not a good player. :P You know, clear footage captured at 60fps, no panning to the controller or anything else.

Edited by Blue Blood

It was good footage of the game, not a good player :P
Oh in a video quality sense? I agree then. Pretty much as good as we're gonna get for off can footage.

It's pretty frustrating to read previews where they pretty much blame the characters and the games having any kind of stories for it's problems. So according to that TCF preview Sonic starting sliding into the gutter since the classics. Don't pretain that the old games never had any stories.

Also the whole 'Sonic went back to it's roots by keeping it simple" like the recent games hasn't already tried that already. Like 4 times in a row. rolleyes.gif

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 5

Once again, another "Sonic hasn't been doing good lately" preview. Ugh, I know that past games have been terrible, but we've had 3 years of solid games so far. It also claims "Sonic has gone back to his roots by keeping it simple and fun", even though Colours and Generations pretty much nailed this.

*sigh*

With that rant of mine over, I'd like to say that the gameplay shown so far hasn't got me too thrilled with the level design. Sure, there's loads of alternate paths, but they all seem very...straight? Then again, this is just the first level, so I'm going to assume the later levels will bring in more challenge and variety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuvJBeWC0lk&feature=youtu.be&a

I'M SHOUTING!

EDIT: OH MY GOD!!! LOOK WHAT HE DID TO SHAUN!!! @ 0:31

Boo this man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE6PVg3v1kI

If you can survive his beard, he talks about the game a bit starts at 3:25

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, I remember when the series added a good story and more than two playable characters with different gameplay. But I liked Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

lol I'm enjoying the gameplay footage. At least these guys are better than the Unleashed and Colors players. "Oh, a curved path...BOOST INTO THE WALL!".

I think this one's for you, Jango

That level looks like it's way too hard for the demo. From the IGN footage a few days ago I thought it was lane based, but you actually have full control left and right. Tricky stuff.

PC Magazine Preview

Sonic Lost World

Sega's Sonic Lost World also evoked the feeling of classic platforming. However, that classic platforming felt more like Mario (and specifically the New Super Mario Bros. games) than Sonic. The gameplay felt like pure Sonic, with dashing and homing attacks and other mechanics polished pretty well in 2011's Sonic Generations. The levels in the demo I played couldn't have felt farther from Sonic's history, though. The level was called "Dessert Ruins," and the first half sent me through a side-scrolling obstacle course of donuts and licorice, floating in the air with no real logic to it. Sonic dashed and bounced on springs and the enemies were the classic robotic animals, but as I jumped from slowly spinning square pastry to slowly spinning square pastry, I had a major deja vu moment with New Super Mario Bros. Perhaps Sonic's Lost World comes from Burger Time and not Sonic the Hedgehog.

The other Dessert Ruins level in the demo was slightly more Sonic-like, but it still involved geometric objects floating in a vague ether. This level was tree-themed, and had me dashing in a behind-the-back view down floating hexagonal tree trunks and avoiding or attacking swarms of robotic insects. The nature theme felt a little like Sonic until the last jump before the goal had me free-falling at a pixelated face that turned out to be a tile sculpture with a machine full of animals to free as its nose. Sonic Lost World looks very strange, but the demo seemed fun and the theme is a far cry from Sonic's semi-realistic, werewolf, medieval, Arabian nights missteps.

Got another!

Sonic's got a new death animation.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here ya go Blue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxy2_aaihsg&feature=youtu.be

• Thumbs Up 3

Huh, I was almost expecting the Death Throws death animation to return, considering how much classic nostalgia is going on. That new death animation is kinda funny, it doesn't look like he's actually dead so much as so disappointed in himself for getting hit without any Rings that he doesn't want to keep going. XP