Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: E3 Topic; Footage; More info

Woun

Are they planning on releasing an official trailer / footage?

Doesn't look like it. The Wii U trailer came out not long ago, and the E3 trailer focuses solely on the 3DS version.

I watched all the gameplays, and my real complaint is: the new HA looks really broken.

How so? I think it looks fine- tap to HA at usual, or hold to chain. What's broken about it?

Game Revolution Preview btw. Nothing interesting so just read it there.

Edited by Blue Blood

I think this one's for you, Jango

That level looks like it's way too hard for the demo. From the IGN footage a few days ago I thought it was lane based, but you actually have full control left and right. Tricky stuff.

PC Magazine Preview

Got another!

Sonic's got a new death animation.

I like how sonic just goes "oh well I died, try again"

Ta smile.png

GameTrailers has some really good footage of Windy Hill. Can't embed, but I've uploaded to it to Youtube.

I'd rather listen to indecipherable rabble in the background than that music they put on there, but eh. It's good footage.

Why the hell did they use the Adventure Time Commercial music?

Still don't think this is a reboot/remake/reimagining Sonic X-Treme....

This photo was taken in the Lost World Booth at E3.

9025162871_dc7d354666.jpg

Who took it? Sega did!

More photos of the Lost World booth.

9025165569_339b7c8782.jpg

9027391124_9fdc8096ef.jpg

9025164127_78590197b7.jpg

9027389718_19e7650e5b.jpg

9025162205_bf1f9f6e21.jpg

9025161625_036dd47c10.jpg

And a few more at the Sega blog

Why is the Sonic X-treme hat so significant? Every other piece of merchandise you see in those display cases can still be bought brand new at stores. The Sonic X-treme hat is the only thing which you cannot buy.

• Thumbs Up 2

I want that hat on the right even tho' I have one just like it.

I got the belt already, but it's kind of worn. I should get a new one.

Still don't think this is a reboot/remake/reimagining Sonic X-Treme....

This photo was taken in the Lost World Booth at E3.

9025162871_dc7d354666.jpg

Who took it? Sega did!

That's rather interesting. I don't think SEGA have ever acknowledged X-Treme like that before.

Why the hell did they use the Adventure Time Commercial music?

I know. I don't even like hearing it during Adventure Time commercials.

Sergie Ventura (I think he plays skateboarding) gives his opinion on Sonic Lost World.

That's rather interesting. I don't think SEGA have ever acknowledged X-Treme like that before.

It's not just the acknowledgement, every other piece of merch in the cases is either available to buy or was available to buy until very very recently.

There is no way that hat is in there by accident.

Also just think, somewhere at Sega, there must be a room filled with all the Sonic Xtreme merch.

Crash Holly of screw attack gives us his views of Sonic Lost world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1564uGRDKg

Theres that complaint about the learning curve again.

More footage... 6 min of gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jGkmp0gPtM

.... yeah controlling/figuring out this game looks like it's going to be an absolute bastard.

The learning curve complain seems very fair right now. I hope that people will give it a chance though.

Also something else with MUSIC

Aaaaaah SEGA finally got it right concerning what happens when you die. Quick fade out and the music doesn't stop. It seems a lot less frustrating that way.

Edited by Blue Blood

I'm actually pretty excited about Lost World. It's doing it's own thing, and I'm loving the idea of different alternate stage paths, and having each stage have it's own design on how they play. The Wii U version looks amazing, and I'm surprised to say that the 3DS version looks awesome as well. 

I just need to get a Wii U. I can't wait to play this game! :D

I want to hear the music from the honey run level, man, the little I could hear during Aaron's interview with IGN already sounded freaking awesome.

Edited by Jango

After seeing that video, I seriously need to question the whole learning curve complaint, I mean the guy died like 3 times on the same part when he could've easily avoided it.

Bugger.

If you watch the end of that video, the Cyan Wisp in the inventory 'goes to sleep' when he reaches the final planet. That means that Wisps are still going to be just as context specific as Nepenthe worried, I think.

Here's a theory:

In mid-air you need to hold the (A) button down to perform the homing attack, if you tap the (A) button in mid-air you'll perform the double jump.

...Maybe?

Here's a theory:

In mid-air you need to hold the (A) button down to perform the homing attack, if you tap the (A) button in mid-air you'll perform the double jump.

...Maybe?

Double jump

A > A (no target)

Homing attack

A > A (if there's a target)

Homing chain

A > Hold A (if there's multiple targets)

Kick attack

A > X (no idea about targets)

Bounce attack

A > ?

Edited by Blue Blood

You sure? Cause in the beginning of that video you posted, he had lock on a target several times but he ended up doing the double jump every time.

Bugger.

If you watch the end of that video, the Cyan Wisp in the inventory 'goes to sleep' when he reaches the final planet. That means that Wisps are still going to be just as context specific as Nepenthe worried, I think.

The E3 demonstration with Aaron confirmed that for me with the display of Laser crystals. But I'm trying to downplay the Wisps in favor of the actual movement, of which the claims of a difficulty curve actually make me want to play it more. xP