Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: E3 Topic; Footage; More info

Woun

Man guys, the game sure looks horrible to control based on people who have played the game at E3.

..............Oh wait, wrong year and thread.

What I'm getting at is that people at E3 seem to always play Sonic games terribly. This game is no different.

Edited by PSI Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ah, so the alternate paths seem to be little more than just booster-tubes. Shame. Though this is just the first level so hopefully they'll step it up in the later levels. And it looks like this time they actually brought back those spiky logs from the original Green Hill. Nice to see them back.

This is what I'm concerned about. For the first level, it's okay that there wasn't alot of extra stuff, as long as they greatly increase it later on as you progress. But from the other levels they showed it just looked extremely linear without anything else to explore.

How do you know it's easy to avoid?

There has just been two videos posted from different people both complained about the control difficulty and one of them said 'The homing attack is completely different' the other said 'double jumping doesn't work.'

That has has been the standard since Sonic Adventure.

That is his first time playing the game and unlike everybody here he's not been watching video after video after video.

To be perfectly frank... I wouldn't know how to use the wisp based on that, I would never think to use the touch pad since I wouldn't want to take my eyes off the screen not in a Sonic game when I'm supposed to be running at a high speed.

Furthermore, does anyone see any hints at all in the game or any explanations of how to use the wisp powers? Theres nothing. No ingame question mark icons, no loading screen hints. Using the touch pad would be the last thing you would think to use... Come to think of it... Why isn't the Wisp power mapped to a button? Does the gamepad not have enough?

Actually, I meant specifically for jumping over the spikes but yeah your right I probably went a little too far with that comment looking back at it.

Looking at that bottom screen for the 3DS version, do you think the wisps are gonna work like how time powers work in blinx the time sweeper where if you get two of the same power if makes up one but mix matching them won't get you anything. Also, it looks like you can now hold up to two wisps. i smell a new gameplay mechanic.

Lost World Music

New video form GamesRadar. Really clear audio. The candy level sounds wonderful. And the honeycomb level. Oh and the orchestrated theme tune <3

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXD_BN6E6Lg

Skip to 4:00. She says she is not that thrilled about LW because Sonic is running too slow.

That really pissed me off BECAUSE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vt0I_Ow8So

Aaron specifically tells her it's about control, and that you can go with both triggers and get it done.

And after watching these gameplay videos, even as "slow" as Sonic is right now, people are still having a hard time. I think the main problem is that the demo lacks a proper tutorial. In fact, Windy Hill, from what I have seen, is a terrible first level to teach players how to play this.

GHZ did it right. Emerald Coast did it right. God, even Wave Ocean had the right INTENTIONS, but this game just throws you in and expects you to read the manual. Tropical Resort Act I is the best starting level I have ever played in a Sonic game, and they should've known better.

Edit: This doesn't affect me because I know I will learn it quickly and be good at it; I speak for the general userbase, which this franchise desperately needs to convert into more fans right now.

You will have reviewers who give Dark Souls and Monster Hunter titles good scores (both worthy and tough as nails), and then look at Sonic and say the learning curve is a flaw, and some of it is bias, and some of it is demos like this one.

Edited by tenchibr

The candy level really does sound great, too bad about the level itself though.

Why? I think it's an okay level with some neat gimmicks here and there. 

What's wrong with the level itself? Linearity isn't inherently bad.

I'd rather it wasn't there because I'm not fan of Level Ate tropes in Sonic games, and the 2D level design takes no advantage of what makes Sonic unique, especially in this game. All that said, it still looks really fun. The layout is definitely nicer than anything in Colours and Sonic controls nicely this time. I'd rather the stage was something else, but I can't say I don't like it.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dude it's got a lot of the same issues I've seen in Dimps Sonic games. It feels barren, it's got an unnecessary amount of boosters, the enemy placement has me scratching my head, and I'm not really seeing clever usage of the stage gimmicks here.

To be fair the visual ascetics of the stage do look great, and it makes warm up to this art style direction a bit more.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lost World Music

New video form GamesRadar. Really clear audio. The candy level sounds wonderful. And the honeycomb level. Oh and the orchestrated theme tune <3

Look at that well controlled turns at 8:31. It doesn't looks hard to control at all, Sonic seems very flexible, and if you wanna make sure of your turning, just let go the run button for a sec. Also, I loved that honeycomb music, now I can even hear some jazzy touch, it fits the level perfectly. BTW, I still wanna know what's that platform with a face at the end of the level. Maybe a sub-boss battle will happen there in the full version?

• Thumbs Up 5

Okay this is weird, the more I watch the other 2 acts/zones the more I'm warming up to them.

Okay this is weird, the more I watch the other 2 acts/zones the more I'm warming up to them.

Yeah, this is kind of my feeling too, cause at first I thought they were just good compared to the first one but now they're looking about equal in terms of enjoyability.

I noticed that in the 3DS footage there are 4 Wisp slots on the bottom screen. Does that mean that you can carry up to 4 different Wisps?

Exclusive interview with Takashi Iizuka

http://sonic-scene.ru/rus/?p=2090

*Now it in Russian language, later we translated in English.

I go to bed ww

I'd say there's nothing really new what we didn't know about already.

- the demo will be available at TGS. Eralier? Unlikely.

- the games seem to communicate to each other somehow so if you have both games you will have the full experience.

- June 23, Tokyo Joypolis. There will be something dedicated to this game. Guess, some kind of "ask Iizuka and Co." thing. They will definitely talk about music more.

- As far as I understood all levels will have those 3 types: tybe thing, 2D level and Sonic Dash level. That's what I got from the interview at least.

Everything else we already know.

Stay tuned, SonicScene will reveal more of answers from Iizuka on (possibly ) June 15.

Edited by ArtFenix

During the Gamespot demo, I just noticed this...

When the player jumped for the animal box at the end, you know those bonus point pop ups from Sonic 1? They're back.

Big the Cat not playable.... confirmed.

Very interesting bit of into.

During the third level (that honey/bee themed one). Aaron Webber said "The end of this level might change later on."

• Thumbs Up 1

The thing about that 'face' is that it looks like the Deadly Six, but not any specific member of them. That's kinda interesting.

Also Knuckles and Amy confirmed for tacked on extras. It's mainly Sonic and Tails with Eggman on the side.

Has Aaron forgot what they have and haven't revealed? He said "stay tuned" to some things they've already revealed, like that one new Wisp on 3DS.

The thing about that 'face' is that it looks like the Deadly Six, but not any specific member of them. That's kinda interesting.

Also Knuckles and Amy confirmed for tacked on extras. It's mainly Sonic and Tails with Eggman on the side.

Getting really fucking tired of this shit.

Anyways, interesting thing I noticed Aaron say. You can use the kick attack to hit enemies into others, sounds pretty good and it's possibly faster than doing multiple homing attack chains.

Edited by TheCakeMiester

I wasn't watching but what??!

I don't know why everyone is worried about the way it controls. I remember last year's demo of Sonic Generations looked horrible to control and look how that turned out! I think it's just the people who are actually playing it. Just sayin. Btw, awesome music! 

Oh FFS SEGA! So does this mean they won't appear in the story mode at all, or are they just there as cheerleaders like in Sonic Generations?

Not that it really matters, but Aaron also said Sonic Lost World is the second game in the three game Nintendo deal.