Awoo.

IGN: A Tour of Sonic Lost World [Gameplay]

Carbo

"Yes, we are aiming to get the players more excited and happy as they advance to each level – once clearing the previous level – by adding more variation to all the levels. This is not just about the variety and fun regarding the theme of a level, but also the shape and play style, which are unique in each." - Iizuka

"We have many features that are Wii U-specific. Normal control of Sonic remains the same using the analog stick and buttons, but the new color powers that appear in this title will use the GamePad. In the 'Cyan Laser' color power, which is in the E3 Demo, you control direction and launch timing with the GamePad. We are also implementing various color powers which will use the GamePad as well." - Iizuka

- Wii U Pro Controller can be used, but only in two-player modes

- Sonic Team is working on cooperative and competitive options

- Support Mode involves a player with the Wiimote controlling a "Radio Control Gadget" created by Tails

- this allows players to destroy enemies and obstacles

- local competitive mode split between the TV and GamePad

- mysterious "fun feature that will allow players to enjoy the game longer."

- development of Lost World began before Sonic Team knew about Wii U

- plans for Miiverse

- allows players to share undisclosed items through Miiverse

- 3DS version is "not a port from the Wii U version"

- 3DS version being made by Dimps

- features "totally new level design to match the screen size and hardware so players can enjoy both versions with a fresh feeling."

- 3DS will support up to four players locally or online for some sort of 'Versus Mode'

- portable and home console versions of the game will somehow be able to communicate with each other to share items

FOUR PLAYER ONLINE?

CONNECTIVITY BETWEEN BOTH VERSIONS?

I have an internal fight within myself xDD I loved the gameplay, I absolutely love the parkour system, the classic badniks, I hate having wisps, but lets face it, that saturn wisp was awesome, however I dont like how it looks almost exactly like Mario Galaxy in terms of how everything tilts when you move a bit to the right left, and they basically gave sonic no restrains, wich is kinda bad, since theres so many ways it can go badly, jump out of place, get lost, fall and die, but I still like that open-ness. And still not a fan of the suspended platform style, but the music is awesome, and 3DS version looks great! so open, but then we see that desert egyptian stage and it all looks so bland and hard to control, Gahhh.

Theres still time of course, and Ill definitely be buying. But some aspects worry me. 

- mysterious "fun feature that will allow players to enjoy the game longer."

chao garden

• Thumbs Up 3

My take on dizziness: I've never felt dizzy when looking at video game footage, and the one time I've felt dizzy when actually playing a game was, of all things, Ocarina Of Time 3D.  With the 3D turned off, even.  I acclimatised.

Huh, really?  I only noticed it when he was equipped with a lightning shield, and it just seemed logical to me that with its original power redundant then it would've been given a new power which I frankly don't think makes sense as a standard Sonic move.  I'll take your word for it, but as a standard move then it goes down in my estimation.  ...Based on that, I would assume that the fire shield just resists fire and the lightning shield attracts rings, but I'm sure I saw depowered Sonic attracting rings on his own in one of the videos (maybe that was just the Wii U version?).

My take on dizziness: I've never felt dizzy when looking at video game footage, and the one time I've felt dizzy when actually playing a game was, of all things, Ocarina Of Time 3D.  With the 3D turned off, even.  I acclimatised.

Huh, really?  I only noticed it when he was equipped with a lightning shield, and it just seemed logical to me that with its original power redundant then it would've been given a new power which I frankly don't think makes sense as a standard Sonic move.  I'll take your word for it, but as a standard move then it goes down in my estimation.  ...Based on that, I would assume that the fire shield just resists fire and the lightning shield attracts rings, but I'm sure I saw depowered Sonic attracting rings on his own in one of the videos (maybe that was just the Wii U version?).

Yeah, if you look at the desert ruins gameplay and one part of the tutorial level gameplay for the 3ds you see him do it when he doesn't have the shield and in the wii u version he was attracting rings when doing act 2 of desert ruins.

I have an internal fight within myself xDD I loved the gameplay, I absolutely love the parkour system, the classic badniks, I hate having wisps, but lets face it, that saturn wisp was awesome

*looks at avatar*

I...I feel betrayed!1

Wow! The amount of positiveness this game is getting around the internet and other forums is astonishing...everyone is practically gushing. I really hope this game is good enough to become a system seller that will be a good sign that things have changed.

Edited by Voyant

imo it still looks just a little too simple.

Like it doesn't need to be Spagonia or Green Hill Generations detailed, but imo the Genesis games, and certain stages like Seaside Hill and Planet Wisp have it just right.

More like Flickies Garden.

What if you give the Flickies and the other animals to Chao like in SA1?!

Wow! The amount of positiveness this game is getting around the internet and other forums is astonishing...everyone is practically gushing. I really hope this game is good enough to become a system seller that will be a good sign that things have changed.

Yeah, I'm really happy about it and hopefully no one will have anything to complain about after it comes out (of course there are but to a lesser degree).

Honestly, with how I feel on my first impressions with seeing this gameplay, plus how I feel about this being a one-time-only thing.. that really has me worried about how Sega will take it. XD

(ready for the "Lost World is the only good 3D Sonic" and/or "Sonic still sucks and that game was only good because of Nintendo" statements that will be made ad infinitum on release date)

• Thumbs Up 1

"Sonic still sucks and that game was only good because of Nintendo"

This is pretty much what I've been seeing everywhere else on the Internet and from my friends who had given up on Sonic either during the Dreamcast era or when Unleashed came out. >:

I'm looking forward how 3D Mario will compare.

Please do not set yourself up for disappointment in the 3D Sonic and 3D Mario comparsion

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm looking forward how 3D Mario will compare.

I'm sure Ninty got has something else in mind. Doing a Galaxy 3 right now would be a bad decision as its will cause conflict and awkwardness between both games. If anything I bet the next Mario game will be a lot like Mario 64.

Ok, I watched it again and some things I noticed:

- The twichiness is only when Sonic has the run button down, otherwise he controls at speeds similar to Generations it seems.

- You need a certain amount of momentum to get the best out of your parkour.

I'll wait till I have the game in my hand in question before I say I like it but I didn't see anything I didn't like. The only thing that's really off putting is the automation, but its such a minor part of the level that I don't even care. The Spin Dash doesn't look like it gives you a large burst of speed really. 2D levels ala Colors are back...I just hope there aren't a lot of them. 

This is pretty much what I've been seeing everywhere else on the Internet and from my friends who had given up on Sonic either during the Dreamcast era or when Unleashed came out. >:

The gaming community considers Generations a great title on the net. I think during E3 Sega will state whether or not the game had Nintendo staff on it.

People still want "that game that shall not be said". People who grew up in the Dreamcast era and gave up on Sonic when 06 came up, that's the only good memories they have.

I'm excited on what the Unleashed Team has in store for us. They borrowed a lot of elements from Colors when they made Generations, I'm sure they will do it again. Generations is a game that could have REALLY benefited from a shift system so its about damn time they looked into it. The control problem has always been an easy fix.

Edited by Voyant

What if you give the Flickies and the other animals to Chao like in SA1?!

That could work too.

I saw the footage when it first released, but since I was at school, couldn't go on the forums. But now that I'm here: OH GOD YES! THE LEVELS, THE MUSIC,THE DESIGN, THE WAY IT LOOKS LIKE SONIC CONTROLS, MIXING ALL THE DIFFERENT FORMS OF GAMEPLAY!!!YESSS!:D

You know something that kick move Sonic does in the air looks like the Tempest Kick from CP9 in One Piece.