Awoo.

Tekken Revolution, F2P, "Pay to Punch"

Badnik Mechanic

So there's literally just been this advert on a Gamespot special for a Tekken game which is using the free to play model.

1k0xn2.png

25mljd.png

3l8aav.png

It's coming out next week and is a PS3 Exclusive... and it's free to play.

Current belief is that it's some kind of card game, anyone heard about this before?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vec

• Badnik Mechanic

• Chooch

• Autosaver

Trailer is up.

It's not a card game, it's an actual fighting game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ-3gRAAxMk

I guess that you will need to pay to unlock more characters, stages and maybe some items. Tecmo/Koei is doing something similar with a different version of DOA 5: Ultimate on the PS3 too.

I'm actually really interested in this. Seems awesome.

The press release implied that more characters would become available later, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the roster expand.

They press release said the initial roster will have eight total playable characters. Those are the eight characters specifically named in the announcement trailer:

The launch roster is King, Paul, Lili, Law, Asuka, Steve, Alisa and Lars.

Asuka is playable from the start. I need no other character...just a PS3.

Edited by Admiral Bobbery

Just downloaded and played it.

It's basically Tekken Tag 2 Lite (without the Tag). There is a microtransactions thing for premium coins of course, and the single-player mode operates similarly to a lot of social games (have to pay one Arcade Coin to play arcade and you get one like every 50 mins and stuff). The gameplay is still solid though, except it's easier to play due to certain moves getting extra properties that can basically counter opponents' hits mid-animation.

So my final verdict: It's a solid game, but not really worth the time if you already have Tag 2.

I played 2 online matches today with Lars. It was a 1-1 (victory and defeat).

I guess it's ok, maybe it's that I'm not used to the Tekken style

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, i took the game yesterday and tried: since i didn't have Tag Tournament 2, this was my first time on a Tekken game since the PSOne era, and i have to admit it's a very fun and solid game so far. Namco said it's supporting the game releasing new content and updates once in a while, so i will stay tuned to see he news.

The only downside i can say about the game is that it has too few trophies, and they are pretty easy to earn: i hope there will be new addition even to that in the future.

Its pretty fun. I don't play much Tekken so this is a good way for me to get into the series.