Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

Hoooooly shit a Subcon.  If this is set in Subcon again I will be SUCH a happy fan.  They start having levels where you get to pluck and throw vegetables I may need medical attention.  If the Mario 2 theme appears in any form I will just literally fall over and die.  Mario 2 was my first game and this will be my last and my life will be complete.

Here's how they originally looked for comparison:

bssmb2subcon.pngsubcon.pngwartdead.gif

I noticed 3D World seems to have ditched the Star system that all 3D Mario games have had 64, that's interesting.

They weren't in 3D Land either.

Hold up, is that Subcon next to the dragon?

Holy shit.

If that little flying dude does turn out to be a Subcon, I will squee so freakin' hard.

Makes me wonder though... it's all but confirmed Bowser will be the antagonist (his face appears on the goal flags as well as the screen when you die), so has he taken over Subcon now? Maybe enslaved Wart? Who knows!

Wait, that's really a Subcon world inhabitant? Whoa!

Anyway, glad to see Peach playable again.

I think it might already start to be spoiler-avoiding time for me on this, as exciting as all these new discoveries are.  Gosh the Mario 2 stuff is exciting me so much.

We need ShyGuys too Nintendo!  They haven't appeared in a 3D platformer since 64!

Oh so that's what this is

ss4.jpg

Oh damn, it could be...

3D World turns out to be the SMB2 sequel that no one all the cool dudes asked for.

• Thumbs Up 3

What was the story of Mario Bros 2?

There you go.

With a Bowser twist? If you look at the demos, Bower's face appears whenever you die, ala Galaxy, 64 and NSMB.

With a Bowser twist? If you look at the demos, Bower's face appears whenever you die, ala Galaxy, 64 and NSMB.

Bowser's trying to conquer the world but couldn't be assed to capture Peach this time. Doesn't really need much more than that.

Yeah, I imagine the story might be as simple as "Bowser's being a jerk, let's go beat him up". I would be all for something more than that though, the Mario universe actually has a lot of interesting characters and concepts going for it.

Also if there's another Peach game I'm hoping for something other than using emotions as superpowers because that was just, ugh.

"Dear pesky plumbers..."

I love you...

Now there's a game Nintendo ought to make a throwback to!

The mental image of Peach trouncing Bowser in a 3D Mario game puts a big grin on my face. Wanted that for years, with no silly emotions of umbrellas in sight.

I love you...

Now there's a game Nintendo ought to make a throwback to!

If you need instructions, check out the enclosed... oh.

• Thumbs Up 8

drvESOW.png

More than 4 playable characters? Red Toad is shown for a brief second...

drvESOW.png

It looks like some sort of bonus stage or something though.

drvESOW.png

105px-ToadBC.png

That's the Toad Brigade Captain from Galaxy. You can see his headlamp.

Edited by TheCandlemaker
  • Thumbs Up 1

The life icon is also  normal Toad.

You can here some direct-feed music here:

I like the music.

Yeah, I was specifically looking at the life icon when I said red toad. Didn't even noticed the Galaxy toad lol.

Well, the Toad Brigade Captain IS Red Toad so who knows, maybe we get to play as him.

It's a personal headcanon of mine that every Toad we ever see of one colour is the same guy.  Blue Toad just takes off his glasses when it's kicking ass time yo.

• Thumbs Up 4